YOR deluxe edition DVD

Back in the '70's my Mom used to make Macramae owls that looked just like your avatar Pregs. My Dad still has one hanging in the barn.

Re: Where have you ordred deluxe version of yor

HMV because they usually get it sent out so you receive it on the release day...:cool:
I have had things on the saturday before release too.. :guitar:

I have ordred on amazon.de ;-)

Last edited:

Amazon.fr

Re: wrestle with russell FILMED interview

Just got an e-mail from Amazon (US) that the deluxe CD I preordered with them "is no longer available from our supplier." However, the regular cd will be available.

The deluxe version is still listed on Recordstore.uk, maybe it won't be available in the US?

So does this mean the deluxe version is not being released in the US? Talk about making it difficult to support an artist in your country when they don't release certain editions there. I guess I'll have to buy the import.

joey

I hope they have a good distributor for the album. Some music retailers are having problems getting physical CD stock due to fallout from Woolies demise.

I don't buy via downloads, so hope to get the album at the shop, on the day. :)

watched Russell Brand in Liverpool last night, he played about 7 smiths songs in a roll before in came on stage (so happy) and there is a 2 page feature in his concert programme.
it's an extract from " wrestling with Russell" and a few stills unfortunately I can not get photobucket to accept the scans.

YOR Deluxe Edition - Parents, beware!

since new albums are released in germany on friday and i have a friend working in a recordstore i was able to pick up my years of refusal deluxe edition today :D

i didn't like the artwork when i saw it online, put on that papersleeve it looks fantastic!

on the back after the tracklisting it sais:

produced by jerry finn
recorded in los angeles
play very loud :guitar:

but what i really found disturbing:
on the wrapping there's a blue sticker saying

'strictly limited edition deluxe cd & dvd
cd includes the single 'i'm throwing my arms around paris'
plus dvd featuring
wrestle with russell
an exclusive interview with morrissey'

when i unwrapped the cd i was shocked seeing a green sticker put directly on the papersleeve (!!!) saying:

'FSK ab 12 freigegeben! :eek:

IMG_0030.jpg

(which is the equipollent to MPAA's PG-13, sorry for the poor picture, just took that with a crappy phone cam)
i've never seen anything like this before! a green PG sticker which you can't even see until you unwrap the cd :crazy:

with caution i tried to remove it avoidung to destroy the sleeve - almost an impossible task but then i got the idea to grill that damn sticker with the hair dryer til it loses grip
:gun:
which worked beautifully :)

didn't even find the ask myself what could be the reason for such a rating.
i'll try to find out if moz and brand calling each other nasty names.... :eek:

Re: wrestle with russell FILMED interview

So does this mean the deluxe version is not being released in the US? Talk about making it difficult to support an artist in your country when they don't release certain editions there. I guess I'll have to buy the import.

joey

Weird, because a bunch of reputable sites (including Amazon) still have it listed as a domestic release on Lost Highway
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Years-of-Refusal/Morrissey/e/028947815808/?itm=1
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?PID=7851833&style=music&frm=frooglemusic
http://www.amazon.com/Years-Refusal...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1234499046&sr=1-2

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
can anyone confirm that there WILL NOT be a US release of the deluxe edition cd?
if this is the case i guess i'll have to put in another order with recordstore.co.uk

Agreed. I'd like to know the US CD/DVD availability as well.

I know a local record store (The House of Guitars) will re-open every Monday night at Midnight with free pizza for everyone to buy CDs hours early.

I'll call them tomorrow to see if they're getting the 2-Disc.

-ALEC

can anyone confirm that there WILL NOT be a US release of the deluxe edition cd?
if this is the case i guess i'll have to put in another order with recordstore.co.uk

I thought that it had been canceled, but I talked to the media manager at my local Best Buy, and he swore up and down that there was a 2-disc edition going on sale on Tuesday. He'd better be right, because I canceled my recordstore.co.uk order right after that.

confirmation: there definitely is a US Deluxe CD/DVD version. if you didn't know already. but, it's on polydor. so probably no different from the UK release, save the region code of the DVD i'd assume.
0217091523.jpg

which version of the UK CD comes in the whack Jewel case?

Last edited:
I bought the deluxe edition at a Best Buy near me today. They now have instore computers where you can check stock at their other stores, so I was able to look and see that some stores had none, while other stores had as many as 5-10 copies. This appeared to be based on demographics rather than random; downtown stores had more, some suburbs had them, while the ones near me had few or none.

I also looked at Borders instore computers over the weekend, and they list only the regular version, so that's probably corporate wide.

confirmation: there definitely is a US Deluxe CD/DVD version. if you didn't know already. but, it's on polydor. so probably no different from the UK release, save the region code of the DVD i'd assume.
0217091523.jpg

which version of the UK CD comes in the whack Jewel case?

Dammit...I placed an order through amazon uk because I too thought there was no USA DVD package..
So not only do I have to pay crazy amounts for shipping and wait 2 weeks for it, I also purchased a bunch of other things I did not need. I'm bad with online shopping...:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom