Would you go to a Morrissey concert in Iran?

Yeah and how did that come about?

By people standing up for themselves and saying enough is enough...

I live in America...and it sickens me to see Women dresssing like that in 100 degree heat because of some stupid ordiances that aren't even directly from the Qu'ran...Their husbands should be required to wear parkas so they can feel what it's like to endure that hell on earth...We banned slavery..we should ban this sexist crap too

By people standing up for themselves and saying enough is enough...

I live in America...and it sickens me to see Women dresssing like that in 100 degree heat because of some stupid ordiances that aren't even directly from the Qu'ran...Their husbands should be required to wear parkas so they can feel what it's like to endure that hell on earth...

You aren't going to get any defences of the Quran from me. As we've already been through I'd be glad to see the back of all superstition. BUT, the Women's emancipatory movement within Europe and the Americas took many, many years of often violent struggle to achieve, These things aren't helped by condemnation by outsiders, pity or disgust. The fact that more Women within communities from the Indian-Subcontinent (to use a UK example) are now choosing to wear these garments as a political statement no matter how 'sickening' you find it, should give you pause for thought.

You aren't going to get any defences of the Quran from me. As we've already been through I'd be glad to see the back of all superstition. BUT, the Women's emancipatory movement within Europe and the Americas took many, many years of often violent struggle to achieve, These things aren't helped by condemnation by outsiders, pity or disgust. The fact that more Women within communities from the Indian-Subcontinent (to use a UK example) are now choosing to wear these garments as a political statement no matter how 'sickening' you find it, should give you pause for thought.

Well at the risk of sounding controversial...many slaves CHOSE to remain in servitude after they were emancipated..sometimes you have to open people's eyes...or in this case...perhaps ban such outfits during the summer?

Well at the risk of sounding controversial...many slaves CHOSE to remain in servitude after they were emancipated..sometimes you have to open people's eyes...or in this case...perhaps ban such outfits during the summer?

:eek:

SHOCKING!!!!!!

:p

Since when should the state have the right to enforce dress-codes?

Since when should the state have the right to enforce dress-codes?

Good point...let me think about that one for a while...

Schools do it though..and they are a state-run institution....

perhaps if enough women get admitted to the hospital for heatstroke this summer..while their kaki pant wearing husbands stand idly by and tell them it is the Will of Alllah, the state will intervene?

The state requires Motorcycle Helmets for safety....

perhaps if enough women get admitted to the hospital for heatstroke this summer..while their kaki pant wearing husbands stand idly by and tell them it is the Will of Alllah, the state will intervene?

You are sounding a bit fascist there..... I'm with Downy on this one, government out!!

You can do better than that.

You are sounding a bit fascist there..... I'm with Downy on this one, government out!!

LOL...I don't seriously believe the government should do such things..I however feel I should have the right to tell their Sexist husbands to stop treating their wives like property and get with the 21st century

Perhaps we can hose them down if they get too hot in those fencing outfits

180px-1900.jpg

Last edited:
LOL...I don't seriously believe the government should do such things..I however feel I should have the right to tell their Sexist husbands to stop treating their wives like property and get with the 21st century

They're the dumbasses who choose to wear it..... I blame them.

Motorcycle helmets are hot. Not in the Paris Hilton sense. I mean they make you sweat. Not like C & C Music Factory. maybe refrigerated motorcycle helmets would solve both problems.

Motorcycle helmets are hot. Not in the Paris Hilton sense. I mean they make you sweat. Not like C & C Music Factory. maybe refrigerated motorcycle helmets would solve both problems.

I think we need some sort of hundred feet tall robotic policeman to check our fashion suitability :D

If there were beaches in Iran..I think everyone (Men And Women) should wear thongs...

I'm just a hot blonde, I know nothing

"Cause I'm A Blonde yeah yeah yeah"....

Nothing hot about blondes...except perhaps the scalpel

Back
Top Bottom