"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" released (UK - July 14, 2014)

Cannot imagine reaching to play Neal Cassady Drops Dead or Forgive Someone more than once. Sheesh.

I don't mind Forgive Someone but Neal Cassady Drops Dead is just about the worst thing he has ever released, IMO. The best we can hope for is that it will be Roy's Keened off the 2029 definitive remastered version.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what my play count is at this point because I've been listening on two computers and a phone and none are synced, but it's got to be between 40-50. It's literally the only thing I've listened to for the past week, and I don't even have the actual album in my hands yet! (Yes, in a way I regret not waiting, but I'm weak.) These songs are a part of me now. This is the most engrossed in an album I've felt in a very long time, Morrissey's or otherwise. I really love the whole thing all the way through—even the tracks I was iffy on initially make sense to me in context.

To those who aren't feeling it yet, I suggest giving it multiple listens. There's a lot going on with this album, and I don't think it's what anyone was expecting.

On that note, time to go check the mailbox again to see if there's a box waiting for me...

Im sick to death to those who compare every song and every album morrissey releases to something related to the smiths, the smiths ends in 1987, and I don't want every morrissey album sounds like the queen is dead, this could be so boring

I've never heard anyone here suggest any such thing. You are confusing a desire that he maintain that quality with your belief people mean recreate the sound slavishly.

As a few of us have mentioned World Peace is virtually tune less. Not tuneless, tune less. The best intro appears on Staircase, the best chorus appears in Bullfighter, the best theme is on Istanbul, and the best lyric is on I'm Not A Man, which, featuring as it does the moment KY was told she was off the tour, also has the best outro.

Not one of those tracks are fully realised.

Last edited:
I've never heard anyone here suggest any such thing. You are confusing a desire that he maintain that quality with your belief people mean recreate the sound slavishly.

As a few of us have mentioned World Peace is virtually tune less. Not tuneless, tune less. The best intro appears on Staircase, the best chorus appears in Bullfighter, the best theme is on Istanbul, and the best lyric is on I'm Not A Man, which, featuring as it does the moment KY was told she was off the tour, also has the best outro.

Not one of those tracks are fully realised.

Disagree. Staircase is a masterpiece. A catchy, danceable, pop tune with great lyrics, music, and chorus.

I don't mind Forgive Someone but Neal Cassady Drops Dead is just about the worst thing he has ever released, IMO. The best we can hope for is that it will be Roy's Keened off the 2029 definitive remastered version.

Agreed. Forgive Someone is one of the songs I like best, but I still don't understand why NCDD is so popular... It's just....... blegh.

In the UK the vinyl is delayed until July 21st.
The hold up is also affecting those who ordered the big bundle boxes.
Nice one. :(

We got notice today at work (hmv) that the double vinyl will be in from tomorrow .... not first thing , but once deliveries arrive ( mid / late morning ) ... my store is down for zero copies so bigger stores are the best bet ....£ 28.99 tho !!!!

Disagree. Staircase is a masterpiece. A catchy, danceable, pop tune with great lyrics, music, and chorus.

Sounds good to me....cant wait to listen to it.....

Cheers Moz

Halfway through the first listen and I can't understand the love for this album. It's different, yes, it's bold musically and lyrically, yes, but... where are the melodies? Where are the actual songs? I'm just hearing beat poetry with dramatic instrumental backing. Cannot imagine reaching to play Neal Cassady Drops Dead or Forgive Someone more than once. Sheesh.

Interesting. Forgive Someone is probably my favourite song. The vocal melody in the verses are SO Patti Smith! It's rather beautiful.

Interesting. Forgive Someone is probably my favourite song. The vocal melody in the verses are SO Patti Smith! It's rather beautiful.

Seconded for Forgive Someone. What has me scratching my head is that people seem to feel that I Am Not A Man is lyrically a good song. I think its horrible writing.

The words are the worst thing about this record : senile in Seville, barking in Barcelona, vicious in Valenica, gored in Gerona, and tedium in Torremolinos,

"Gaga in Malaga" is particularly atrocious

Seconded for Forgive Someone. What has me scratching my head is that people seem to feel that I Am Not A Man is lyrically a good song. I think its horrible writing.

I like it because it distills the Morrissey public persona quite nicely. Plus it is quite Cameron Macintosh in its bombast, which isn't always a complete disaster. Just nearly always.

Yeah, there are some poor lines in it, but on an album full of poor lines it stands up quite well.

The words are the worst thing about this record : senile in Seville, barking in Barcelona, vicious in Valenica, gored in Gerona, and tedium in Torremolinos,

no my friend, it's never tedious in Torre after dark, haven't you been to La Nogalero? :rolleyes:

We have now reached the unenviable point where the best thing about a Morrissey album is not the titular singer in the band, and where the words are cringeworthy old men tilting at clouds. With this blunt and frankly dull lyricism, Morrissey is.. well, a crashing bore. To hear such butchery of English next to the better songs on the album merely highlights how a song is so dependant upon Morrissey.

His wordplay – often the redeeming feature on some of the lesser songs in his past, is now merely a list of ancient archaic Engerlish on well, to be blunt, the tedious “World Peace Is None Of Your Business” and the simply doleful “Neal Cassidy Is Dead” - to be honest the best bits are where he shuts up, and his band of blunt Sleeperblokes offer a flamenco solo interlude. When he offers the lines that rhyme “scabies” with “babies” and “rabies” it becomes risible, at worst a humiliating and wilful climbdown for the Mozfather from his former genius wordsmithing, to venture so willingly in to the mediocre.

Lyrically this album is C-. MUST TRY HARDER.

Here you go!

I like it musically, I don't know if its particularly relevant or true lyrically, but mainly it is the image of Morrissey taking a sledgehammer in an effort to get that title into the space allotted. It comes across as a bit clunky to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it because it distills the Morrissey public persona quite nicely. Plus it is quite Cameron Macintosh in its bombast, which isn't always a complete disaster. Just nearly always.

Yeah, there are some poor lines in it, but on an album full of poor lines it stands up quite well.

Now that, I can appreciate.

anyone that doesn't love staircase at the university is inhuman. whether the three As thing fits or not.

Back
Top Bottom