Wondering about a grey sleeved GIAC 12"

Ordinary Mayo

Hi there,

I just found a grey mispressed GIAC 12" on Portobello Market last weekend but unfortunately I was confused
about the release as there was a green "beginning" on the spine but then follows the (un-)normal grey picture on the front.
(and no, it isnt a bleached out green front, its grey pressed!)
Furthermore there was an other "mistake" on the cover as the hair on the right side starts in a blue! - thumbnail sized ink mark?!?
Otherwise its the normal Rough trade UK release and I didnt think its a re-released boot, as the cover looked aged and used with
some ringwear an some noticeable marks of using. But the pictures of the mispressed 12" on vulgar havent got these differences,
so Iam very confused... :confused:

Anyway, I grabbed this strange "thing" for 12 Pound but can anyone inform me what I may got there, please? :eek:

thx a lot!

cheers
Mayo

Last edited:
@Stefan: you are german, right? ... Hoff ich mal :)

OK, die Front ist bei mir "normal" grau, nur die Oberkante (Spine) ist grün und hat einen leichten Übergang ins grau.
Aber was ist dann mit dem blauen Haaransatz bei Sheilag am rechten Rand? Dort sind die Haare in einem Daumennagel großen
Bereich dunkelblau eingefärbt. Die Farbe dort ist gedruckt, nicht irgendwie nachträglich angemalt oder so...

Wir hatten hier im Forum schonmal eine ähnliche Frage: Es war einhellige Meinung, das es hier keinen Fehldruck gibt (normal ist grün!), sondern lediglich die Originalfarbe 'verschossen' ist, also durch Sonnenlicht ausgeblichen wurde. Der 'Daumennagelgrosse Bereich' hört sich für mich wie der Abdruck eines Preisetikettes an. Hast du ein Foto?

Also "verschossen" oder ausgeblichen ist da nix, die Farben (grau und schwarz) auf dem Frontcover sind kräftig und leuchtend, nur halt nicht grün sondern genau so wie auf der regulären 7" grau (es gibt ja diesen 12" Fehldruck). Ansonsten müsste ja durch ausbleichen aus grün dunkelgrau werden ;) Nur halt AUF der Falzkante (Spine oder Oberkante, oder wie nennt man diesen 3-4 mm breiten Bereich eines Covers?) sieht man das normale grün. Der blaue "Fleck" gehört zum Coverdruck und ist nicht durch Aufkleber oder so entstanden. Es ist auch kein Fleck als solches, sondern der Haaransatz (wo es vom schwarzen Hintergrund in die Haare geht) von Shelagh Delaney unterhalb des Ohrs ganz rechts ist dunkelblau eingefärbt (auf einer Größe von ca. einem Daumennagel) und wird dann aber scharfkantig wieder "normal" grau. Schwer zu erklären, sieht aber wie eine Fehlfarbe beim Druck aus. Ich reich aber die Tage ein Foto nach, im Moment habe ich leider die Platte nicht griffbereit.

Hi Ordinary Mayo,

Whilst a see where you are coming from with that arguement and you make a few valid points, I'm not totally convinced about the walrus or the stripy jumper :D :p

And now the promised pictures...

btw. the colours from the pictures are a little bit different to the original as there is no such kind of yellow touch but a light grey...
and the blue mark isnt as big as I got in mind, as you see... and the mark is printed, not painted afterwards with ink or by pen or somewhat...

DSCF1099.JPGDSCF1101.JPGDSCF1103.JPGDSCF1104.JPGDSCF1108.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, now Iam totally confused as I saw that my 7" copy of UK GIAC still have this green spine (see pictures)... so, is this the standard grey copy or a misspressed? And what about my 12" in the post above? Is this a grey misspressed or a (very strange) green? And again, neither the 12" or the 7" are bleached by sun or so, as the black colour is glossy and strong, the 7" is also mind and unplayed. As I am the first owner of these copy, I can promise not to store the cover in sunny areas.

The high res pictures on vulgar doesnt show any colourflashes from green to grey, so Iam very confused about this phenomenon as it was on my 7" and my 12"...

Come on... please compare with your GIACs... anyone should give an answer?

1.jpg2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom