Why is Moz unloveable?

I just read a lots of interviews with our Moz. It may sound stupid...but i really cant believe he is out of luck almost all of his life. I am in the very same position, but the difference would be:he surely met more people! I can imagine how picky he could be, but still....
Just wondering.

Maybe not so much a case of out of luck, but more of a problem with intimacy in general, and his insecurity sabotaging any potential relationship before it has a real chance to flourish? The only one who can really answer this question is the man himself. :)

No,it is a question of luck also. he says: Have you fallen in love?
"Yes, I have, but the association is with pain, because it's never been reciprocated. Desire is extremely excruciating to me, and as far as I know, that's all there is. I can't imagine response, and I can't imagine being loved by somebody whom one loves."

tender hooligan said:
No,it is a question of luck also. he says: Have you fallen in love?
"Yes, I have, but the association is with pain, because it's never been reciprocated. Desire is extremely excruciating to me, and as far as I know, that's all there is. I can't imagine response, and I can't imagine being loved by somebody whom one loves."

He may also only be attracted to people he knows are not attracted to him...many people want what they can't have.

"I want what I can't have, and it's driving me mad"

well, join the club. we are all out of love and we are all desperate and love passes us by. this is not just for Morrissey. But he sings it. makes it public. and people respond to it, because they recognize it.

I think Moz has the same problem I have......we are just too arrogant and picky......oh and self-destructive! This is why I'm still a virgin at 25 after having had numerous people offer themselves thoughout my life....as soon as someone is interested in me that way, I immediately shoot them down and reject them [even when they're hot]........the only people I find attrative or interesting are the ones I know for sure I can't have.....either because they're in relationships, unattainable, or simply because they are of a different sex orientation.

One thing is for sure...I dont' plan on settling for anything less than I deserve or desire, so if I end up my days alone like Moz, than I gladly accept, better to be alone than in bad company.

See what I mean by self-destructive? I just gave you all an insight into my very personal life w/o having even been asked......now I feel totally vulnerable and I like it! :)

Maybe not so much a case of out of luck, but more of a problem with intimacy in general, and his insecurity sabotaging any potential relationship before it has a real chance to flourish?
He may also only be attracted to people he knows are not attracted to him...many people want what they can't have.
....as soon as someone is interested in me that way, I immediately shoot them down and reject them [even when they're hot]
Totally agree. I think that's the situation in a nut shell. And from what I get - that's the result of some bad experience early in life. (or/and lack of affection between the parents)

I don't understand why he didn't try to get some help? Or maybe he did and it didn't help?

Last edited:
Have you ever guys ever thought it may all be an act? It all adds to the Moz mystique doesnt it, and is one of the reasons we all love him.

Right Whinger said:
Have you ever guys ever thought it may all be an act? It all adds to the Moz mystique doesnt it, and is one of the reasons we all love him.

I wouldn't say it's an act, it's a characteristic, one we'll always associate with him. And it's one who can slip away just like sand. Like many of us who feel or felt like that, it's just a "waiting"-fase (wide to receive), until Love finally finds us! but if it finds Morrissey (which it has done for a few times now), some people really are malcontent about it, because they see him as an example, as the King of Loneliness and Desperation, and when luck would strike him, they would feel upset (like a friend letting them down). That's what most people had with ROTT. (anyway, this hasn't got much to do with the topic....just some of my thoughts on a bloody sunday)

I agree with you,Wolve. I confess - he is my only comfort sometimes and maybe it is a true that he made art out of his depression(which is surely great thing to do). I often joke with my friends these days that (If i survive)I"ll finnally be happy at 47. But,you know...there is a real strength in this guy and he has his fulfilling occupation which is great help. I know i am f***ed up and want the one i cant have...but for Gods sake...i"ll do ANYTHING for natural emotion. (probably lay down in the middle of the street and die):)

Right Whinger said:
Thank you. Finally, someone else who realises that Morrissey, just like every other artist, has a carefully thought out image that one should never mistake as real, but so many do.

I disagree. After singing Seasick on Beethoven was deaf or..should i really go on?How could anyone suggest it is just part of his image?Oh, my.

Yes, there are certain parts of his image that are exaggerated or even fabricated and morrissey is probably more compatible than he would like us to think, but i still don't believe that he has ever managed to commit himself to anyone the way most people do. i believe that morrissey was in the situation that DAnn Coulter described so well for a long time and has probably felt like he has finally been saved from it a couple of times in the past 10 or so years only to discover in time that other parties weren't the right people as he had thought at first. After all, regardless of whatever sex he may or may not be having (sex and love being unrelated of course) he is still single, still ill.

I am also sailing in the same boat asDAnn Coulter being a 20 year old virgin who isn't short on offers and it often frustrates (obviously). it's an extreme form of arrogance which stems from insecurity and for me i think it still goes back to being rejected by my first crush at 12 years old and the following few years of rejection and rejecting before i blossomed into being very desirable (i wouldn't say it if it weren't true as like morrissey i'm hard on myself in many ways). Only one person has managed to break me down and talk with me about these feelings in person (god bless internet anonymity) and we do love each other however he's a he and i'm not sexually attracted to men like he is so once again there is nothing i can do. This situation being one of the reasons for my sex/love comment above along with the observation of how the rest of the population behave in regards to sex and love.

thats my support group contribution, feel free to comment.

edit: and whoever dann coulter is became very desirable after i read that. isn't the uniqueness of the situation so comforting? by this point another problem with losing virginity and being in love is that it would make me more like everyone else.

Last edited:
dazzak said:
Thank you. Finally, someone else who realises that Morrissey, just like every other artist, has a carefully thought out image that one should never mistake as real, but so many do.

Of course every artist exploits certain aspects of their personality in order to create an image DUH!! ....... Some, like Madonna and other faux artists, just make everything up because they are completely useless and boring in real life.

I do believe that Morrissey IS what he wants us to believe he is!......how else would he be able to write the songs he's written.....only someone who has lived it or experienced it is capable of such thing...... These are very deep and introspective lyrics we're talking about. Does Moz exagerate this persona a bit? YES! but who cares......it's a great one and I can totally relate.

I think that people do the same thing artists do in one way or another....... everyone wants to be known for certain characteristics they like about themselves, so they play off on those and keep the other side hidden and secret.......I like to be the f***ed-up intolerant virgin, so I play off on my arrogance, exploit my weaknesses, and let people know what I think of them all the time [even if it makes me unpolular]......It's FUN!
You sir, [Mr. Dazzak]......seem to want people to believe that you're above everyone else intellectually.....so what you do is...... always come up with sarcastic/snooty little comments putting down other people's views. It's cool though......I like and respect that side of you, very entertaining!

I believe that if you declare something like Morrissey did, you become a hostage to the image you have created after a while, which makes it difficult to move on.

I think it just added on his problems. He was talking about it so much, convincing the others, that he finally got used to the thought that there is the only way for him and chose not to fight it.

When you are a teenager having "another half" seems to be the most important thing in life. You can't imagine that happiness can come without it.

When you are 47 you are much wiser.

Back
Top Bottom