Why does Morrissey not support this site?

Jamesspm

Not happy, not sad
Sorry if this has been raised before, but...

Morrissey has always supported the true-to-you.net site. Why not Solo?

Personally, I think it's cos true-to-you only posts stuff about Morrissey and not anything about Marr, Joyce and Rourke. Search it, you'll only find their names in the "Statement/Message from Morrissey" posts.

Should Solo (as it's name suggests) only post information about Morrissey and bugger the rest?

James.

Personally, I think it's cos true-to-you only posts stuff about Morrissey and not anything about Marr, Joyce and Rourke. Search it, you'll only find their names in the "Statement/Message from Morrissey" posts.

Should Solo (as it's name suggests) only post information about Morrissey and bugger the rest?

James.

Noooooo.....it's got to do with the lack of control of what gets posted. No one is able to criticize Morrissey, call him names, or make crude sexual jokes about him on TTY. Here it's a free-for-all, and Morrissey would rather be just blindly loved.

(I heard there was some other political stuff too, but I missed it and don't really know what all went on.)

Last edited:

James.

You find the answer in page 2 of this thread

Noooooo.....it's got to do with the lack of control of what gets posted. No one is able to criticize Morrissey, call him names, or make crude sexual jokes about him on TTY. Here it's a free-for-all, and Morrissey would rather be just blindly loved.

(I heard there was some other political stuff too, but I missed it and don't really know what all went on.)

Why would you want to "criticize Morrissey, call him names, or make crude sexual jokes about him"? The guy's a f***ing genius who has touched, affected and changed your life forever for the better. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:
He used to. When he didn't have a record deal and he was in danger of being relegated to Little Man What Now status. "Yes I love the site, I don't visit it myself."

Why would you want to "criticize Morrissey, call him names, or make crude sexual jokes about him"? The guy's a f***ing genius who has touched, affected and changed your life forever for the better. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I don't, but a quick browse of threads around here will reveal that there are some people who seem to enjoy it immensely.

I don't, but a quick browse of threads around here will reveal that there are some people who seem to enjoy it immensely.

I don't understand this mentality. Why, why, why! would anyone (who calls themselves a "friend") insult Morrissey in ANY way?

Last edited:
Probably because they aren't....saying that, I've said that I've disliked many Morrissey songs, but still I'm a fan (mainly of The Smiths though)

Me too.

Also i don't agree with everything Morrissey says.

I agree

"Meat is what?"
Sorry Morrissey but I doubt you will ever stop me from eating bacon butties, sausage baps and chicken drumsticks...

I don't understand this mentality. Why, why, why! would anyone (who calls themselves a "friend") insult Morrissey in ANY way?

because he acts like a twat an increasingly large amount of the time.
this forum allows for open, and often critical, discussion.
if you don't like hearing Morrissey receive criticism, there are other sites.
Allyouneedismorrissey.com was set up (I think) to be a more positive site.

I agree

"Meat is what?"
Sorry Morrissey but I doubt you will ever stop me from eating bacon butties, sausage baps and chicken drumsticks...

I'll be festively slicing turkey on Saturday.

And i don't agree with him that the Chinese are a "sub-species" either.

And i don't think Mike Joyce did anything wrong and i feel sorry for Rourke for settling out of court and losing a million quid in the process.

Some people on this site don't feel the need to tongue his a-hole every 5 minutes, I used to think Morrissey was perfect, his music is perfect and I used to defend him to the hilt, now I've grown up enough to be able to critize and highlight some of his bad points, he's not perfect, he's just a human, and yes I still love his music and what he stands for

"Thus, one must take care to side-step the rabid, mythological stampede of one’s own zealots and, indeed, the forum cannibals who are a species best left to their own gnashing, circular idiocies. The latter are not fans, they are people who cry out for euthanasia."

Back
Top Bottom