Who Put the R in Arsehole?

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Is that a particularly northern thing to say "arse"? Or does pretty much everyone say it? Or is it a class thing?

Why would Morrissey say "Get your fat ASS back to the ghetto." during ganglord in his recent tours?

Really? Nobody wants to help me figure out if it was an anomaly that he used ass instead of arse to draw attention to the word because, asking the gangLORD for help he's really asking FATima with her skillz at using the abhaya mudra with the aid of her EARS to hear the gold within the shit that is people writing crappy quotes about him? "Get your fatima ears back to the ghetto, I don't get these attacks." :straightface:

They're in bed but it's something about the way that 'a' sounds are pronounced.

I want to know why they say tack-o instead of talk-o.

They're in bed but it's something about the way that 'a' sounds are pronounced.

I want to know why they say tack-o instead of talk-o.

They do? OMG I'm in the mood for a taco. :yum: :p Thanks Dave.

Also pass-ta. What is that?

It is the correct way to pronounce pasta. What is paaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-sta?
Pasta is Italian, you know, not American. As in so very many things, AINTW....

Similarly, the correct pronunciation of taco is tack-o and arse existed as a term for one's arse long before ass did. Do try and keep up.

One would assume that Morrissey used "ass" to make it easy for you people. In this, as in so many matters, he is very considerate.

Last edited:

Britney shows how British people speak @1:00. Unfortunately this did not take place at a taco joint.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the correct way to pronounce pasta. What is paaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-sta?
Pasta is Italian, you know, not American. As in so very many things, AINTW....

Similarly, the correct pronunciation of taco is tack-o and arse existed as a term for one's arse long before ass did. Do try and keep up.

One would assume that Morrissey used "ass" to make it easy for you people. In this, as in so many matters, he is very considerate.

He does pander, council house becoming welfare house, for example.

Britney shows how British people speak @1:00. Unfortunately this did not take place at a taco joint.

She didn't purchess a fawnta. :tears:

Last edited by a moderator:
Having some pasta now. :lbf:

I went to get a couple of take-os but I wound up at the grocery store instead and got a cheese sandwich at the deli. :p

Mmmm.... I think Chaucer was from London

"But with his mouth he kiste hir naked ers".

Its been there at least 600 years

Mmmm.... I think Chaucer was from London

"But with his mouth he kiste hir naked ers".

Its been there at least 600 years

As it should be. Chaucer was a smart man. :p

Is that a particularly northern thing to say "arse"? Or does pretty much everyone say it? Or is it a class thing?

Why would Morrissey say "Get your fat ASS back to the ghetto." during ganglord in his recent tours?

'Arse' is pretty much used all over Britain, although I have heard 'ass' a fair bit as well (mostly in the Midlands and occasionally in Scotland/the far north). Not sure why he uses 'ass' specifically in 'Ganglord' though.

Most people in the UK say 'arse' but occasionally you will hear people say ass, as in jackass, not that many brits use that word. Although we say jackass as opposed to jack-arse we tend to say smart arse instead of smart ass.

When we say 'fragile' and 'mobile' they rhyme with vile.

We also say 'basil' with the 'a' sounding like the 'a' in bat instead of the way you Americans pronounce it.

I know that this discussion is mostly about differences in pronunciation, but I wish to share that I recently learned why Americans omit the "u" on words like "labour" and "colour": because.

Daniel Webster just decided it should be so. And I got this from a very well-placed source, so I know it's true.

I can check on those differences in pronunciation later on. My source is on vacation.

'Arse' is pretty much used all over Britain, although I have heard 'ass' a fair bit as well (mostly in the Midlands and occasionally in Scotland/the far north). Not sure why he uses 'ass' specifically in 'Ganglord' though.

Most people in Australia say tar-co

Most people in the UK say 'arse' but occasionally you will hear people say ass, as in jackass, not that many brits use that word. Although we say jackass as opposed to jack-arse we tend to say smart arse instead of smart ass.

When we say 'fragile' and 'mobile' they rhyme with vile.

We also say 'basil' with the 'a' sounding like the 'a' in bat instead of the way you Americans pronounce it.

Thanks guys. We say the name Basil like that, Basil Valentine, Basil Bunting, etc, but the herb you cook with like base-il.

I know that this discussion is mostly about differences in pronunciation, but I wish to share that I recently learned why Americans omit the "u" on words like "labour" and "colour": because.

Daniel Webster just decided it should be so. And I got this from a very well-placed source, so I know it's true.

I can check on those differences in pronunciation later on. My source is on vacation.

Cool fun fact. I always wondered about that.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qap12a5fZG0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qap12a5fZG0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

He says it in this show, the last show I saw him perform. Balcony Jesse-side, nearly front row. :sweet: It was an amazing night.

Tags
aintw
Back
Top Bottom