When do you think Morrissey got over The Smiths?

Young And Alive

I've read a couple of interviews with Moz from the late Eighties where he basically said he was desperate to reform the group with Johnny.

Then of course there was the quote from this year when he said he'd "rather eat [his] own testicles than reform The Smiths".

So when do you think the change of heart occurred and why?

Johnny take a bow.... take a bow ??? Maybe there's just too much water under the bridge by now.... Never look back and live in the NOW. That's my theory for what it's worth. Maybe the other three would consider reforming for a charity event but Mozzer? I can't see it myself. :(

Possibly around 1995 first time Morrissey and Johnny met after the split.
Both leading the differnt paths and no longer have the same idea/approach in music in general.

When he met Boz, Alain and co. As far as I recall all talk of working again with Johnny stopped after that.

i think he got over the smiths last tuesday at about 3pm!

His intense hatred for Rourke and Joyce coupled with his unrequitted love for Johnny Marr pretty much proves he's never gotten over his old band.

In the Creem Magazine interview from 1991 he said that he'd moved on from The Smiths and was desperate to prove that Johnny wasn't the thing in his life keeping him together anymore, so it might have been about 1990/1991, when he met Boz and company (like someone else said above). I don't know how true that is, since I personally feel it might have been a little later, towards the Your Arsenal/Vauxhall and I period. He seemed to still be desperately attached to the band even post-Viva Hate, which tends to suggest that the new musical partnerships might have had at least something to do with it.

I think it was when he first joined up Boz and co. when he had another 'gang' he could be the leader in and hang out with.

His intense hatred for Rourke and Joyce coupled with his unrequitted love for Johnny Marr pretty much proves he's never gotten over his old band.
Sorry for asking, but...was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr?:confused::rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware, Morrissey does not hate Andy at all. He's not exactly best mates with any of the ex-Smiths as we all know, but I think that Joyce is the only one he truly hates.

I still don't think he's over it. Saw a 2004 interview on Youtube the other day where we was talking about what a horrible mistake Johnny made by leaving. I think he's learned to let it go by now, but I think, ultimately, he wished they hadn't split when they did.
I have also read interviews where he talks about feeling almost suicidal when The Smiths ended.:(

I guess that was when he first performed a Smiths song live ... during the Boxers tour if I recall

I think it's everyone else who can't get over it. Journalists and fans seem to be the ones constantly obsessing over why they split and possible reunion stories.

I think it's everyone else who can't get over it. Journalists and fans seem to be the ones constantly obsessing over why they split and possible reunion stories.

I must admit I'm one of them...but there might be a chance that Morrissey and Johnny Marr might work together again, not reforming The Smiths.
At the moment their contact is strictly business related and minimal, but at least they don't hate each other.
Morrissey seems still interested in working with Johnny. It all depends on Johnny, I guess.

I must admit I'm one of them...but there might be a chance that Morrissey and Johnny Marr might work together again, not reforming The Smiths.
At the moment their contact is strictly business related and minimal, but at least they don't hate each other.
Morrissey seems still interested in working with Johnny. It all depends on Johnny, I guess.

I don't think Morrissey is interested in working with Johnny at all. He's made it quite clear he is happy with his current band.

Back
Top Bottom