What's the apeal in Morrissey's lyrics for women ?

I can honestly say, in all the 24 years that I have been listening to Morrissey, I've never asked myself this question. All I know is that when Morrissey sings it, I feel it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/jun/16/neuroscience.psychology

Apparently, straight females and gay males share similar brain structures and functions. So do straight males and lesbians.

I really hate that kind of research. I mean, they complexly overlook the complexity of human sexuality. I feel it's madness to think you can divide people into 2 groups according to their sexual preferences. They ignore even bisexual people! I always wonder too what's their definition of gay, straight? and more importantly, what does it all even mean? It makes me think of early work from say hundred years ago that found scientific/biological evidence for the incompetence of women :rolleyes:

It's like them finding the "gay" gene. Total nonsense based on a ridiculous simplification of how dna works.

I really hate that kind of research. I mean, they complexly overlook the complexity of human sexuality. I feel it's madness to think you can divide people into 2 groups according to their sexual preferences.

I agree - it is terribly simplistic to see human gender preferences as an either/or proposition. I'm with the great Alfred Kinsey on this one: human sexuality is a continuum. It's surprising that so many still ignore such a simple, obvious truth.

They ignore even bisexual people! I always wonder too what's their definition of gay, straight? and more importantly, what does it all even mean? It makes me think of early work from say hundred years ago that found scientific/biological evidence for the incompetence of women :rolleyes:

I think there is something to be said, however, for such compelling physical evidence of biological determinism. These results are not absolute, but it is suggestive of certain obvious spiritual/emotional/intellectual affinities I've noticed throughout my life.

There is a common culture that transcends race, age, nationality and gender identity. Maybe we all just share the same type of hippocampal structure. :rolleyes:

It's like them finding the "gay" gene. Total nonsense based on a ridiculous simplification of how dna works.

There is absolutely a correlation between brain structure and brain function. Whether it's tied to gender differences or not, it's pretty evident that some people really do think more alike than others.

Of course it's an oversimplification - these kinds of studies always are. There's a certain truth being expressed here, however, about the link between deoxyribonucleic acid and an affinity for the finest of antique silk velvets.

Nothing. Women don't understand, though they brazenly pretend to.

I demand a detailed list of at least six more worthwhile pastimes.

1. Cleaning your house.
2. Making your drink.
3. Entertaining your friends.
4. Sucking your dick

I can only think of four. :mad:

Don't forget making food and tending to the children.

Well, being a reasonable women I thought of these, but I didn't think it fit Our Lady's definition of "worthwhile."

1. Cleaning your house.
2. Making your drink.
3. Entertaining your friends.
4. Sucking your dick

I can only think of four. :mad:

What are you implying, M'elle? I'm sure I apply myself to misandry with much more passion than you.

I agree - it is terribly simplistic to see human gender preferences as an either/or proposition. I'm with the great Alfred Kinsey on this one: human sexuality is a continuum. It's surprising that so many still ignore such a simple, obvious truth.

I believe that gendered identity is a continuum as well, therefore I have difficulties with the Kinsey scale which only acknowledges 2 distinct genders (or maybe I'm wrong about that?). I like to think about human sexuality more as a ball rather than a line.

There is a common culture that transcends race, age, nationality and gender identity. Maybe we all just share the same type of hippocampal structure. :rolleyes:

:D

I
(.....)

Oppinion only, but it is much harder for a woman to go against the grain, not get married, have kids, etc. There is more pressure, women have said, 'you never truely understand being a woman until you have children' and unmarried men are playboys and women spinsters.

This is why Morrissey appeals to me,

"
this:thumb:

I believe that gendered identity is a continuum as well, therefore I have difficulties with the Kinsey scale which only acknowledges 2 distinct genders (or maybe I'm wrong about that?). I like to think about human sexuality more as a ball rather than a line.

To give the man his due, Kinsey was researching and writing about sex and gender at a hyper-conservative time in US history. Today his scale seems a bit simplistic, but at the time it radically altered perceptions about gender identity. The model still stands, but it has definitely become more nuanced over time.

I like the sphere model myself - it's much prettier. :)

:thumb:

Your valiant work goes not uncredited!
*applauds*

curtseys Thank you gentle Quiqui. It's really like trying to stop a bullet train with your rear paws...
But sadly I ain't no Bolt. I give up. :rolleyes: "Do with that thread what thou will."

...Note that the question is interesting, come to think of it. :straightface:

Tags
girlsareppltoo lyrics
Back
Top Bottom