What was your favourite gig of Mozzers in 2004 and why?

Liverpool!!!

Got me a handshake and some shirt!

standouts for me include:

apollo (all 5)
boston 2 (for personal reasons)
rcmh 2 (i had mulitiple epiphanies...everything became very LUCID)
universal 1 (debut of redondo and i nearly fainted from shock)

earls court (i felt so proud of and for Morrrissey that there was not a seat in the house empty. I also felt very privileged to be in attendance)

dublin (v. nostalgic... and magical...if you were there then you would know that the the sing-a-long was something quite special)

um, but i really enjoyed them all...

k.i.b

difficult choice! men arena because of rubber ring, a rush and a push and headmasters ritual although i was seated and disappointed with my seat and 'some' of the people around me!Then there's earls court which was amazing especially as i got several wicked pictures of moz AND a piece of his shirt!!I suppose earl's court wins hands down really...and i was at blackpool which was a bit of a blur.just a note taking us back to 2002, i was at the royal albert hall to witness his new songs before most of the world and he performed meat is murder and last night i dreamt which i had'nt heard live before.So many fantastic memories,so much more i'd like to see/experience before he retires!!

Universal 1 because...

I was so blessed to have seen Morrissey 6 times on this tour including going overseas to the MEN show but the best was L.A.'s first night at The Universal Amp. He and the band were so tight and good. L.A. you r TOO HOT!

1) Universal Amphitheater-Los Angeles/night one. No explanation needed really. Everyone saw the setlist, and I've never seen a happier crowd, or a Moz for that matter.

2)Earls Court-London. What I thought was going to be a devestatingly impersonal, massive gig ended up being triumphant. The encore was the saddest thing I have even seen. I want to cry...

3)House Of Blues-Chicago. Very small, intimate gig. The setlist was amazing, and getting to hear Shakespears Sister for the first time made me swell.

#1, oct 25 miami because i had the best spot, dead center at the barrier, and i was the second person who got to shake his hand. this occured at the beginning of "i know its gonna happen someday." one of the best moments of my life.

#2 for me i'd say was opening night at the apollo for the excitement surrounding the east coast debut of all the new quarry material.

oh yeah also the miami show was my first time hearing shakespeares sister.

> #1, oct 25 miami because i had the best spot, dead center at the barrier,
> and i was the second person who got to shake his hand. this occured at the
> beginning of "i know its gonna happen someday." one of the best
> moments of my life.

> #2 for me i'd say was opening night at the apollo for the excitement
> surrounding the east coast debut of all the new quarry material.

You must have been right next to me, cause I was in the same place, just a bit to the left. I also got on stage that night. Finally....

> #1, oct 25 miami because i had the best spot, dead center at the barrier,
> and i was the second person who got to shake his hand. this occured at the
> beginning of "i know its gonna happen someday." one of the best
> moments of my life.

hmmm...i was standing right behind chloe sevingy if that helps? i knew i should have gone for the stage since so many people were having success that night, but i didnt want to lose my spot, and by the encore it was too hectic. when did you get onstage?

> You must have been right next to me, cause I was in the same place, just a
> bit to the left. I also got on stage that night. Finally....

During Light. I kissed his hand. I actually just kinda did it without even thinking/knowing I would, and when security all went left try and prevent somone else, I just went flying......

> hmmm...i was standing right behind chloe sevingy if that helps? i knew i
> should have gone for the stage since so many people were having success
> that night, but i didnt want to lose my spot, and by the encore it was too
> hectic. when did you get onstage?

Definitely Dublin, because it's the only one I went to. It was amazing. My brother and I arrived about 25 minutes before the doors opened, a few hundred people there already. We walked in and jogged to the front and got in the second row to the left of the stage! Remma were rubbish, James Maker was OK. And the rest, as I say, is history.

Several things bugged me:
1.Moz was unable to reach us front rowers because of the moat. For the last gig of the tour they should have put it closer.

2.Annoying people, such as a stupid teenager behind me who didn't know any of the words. And this weird liitle runty girl at the front who looked like a mouse, she was alone and looked about 10. It was so funny when she made a feeble attempt at slowly scaling the barrier only to be stopped before she got a chance. Not only did the aforementioned stupid teenager sing practically different songs, but he then started poking me in the back with his fists at 4 second intervals. He started this when there was still about 20 minutes left and continued.

3.This one is my fault, I for some strange reason recall barely ever looking at Moz. I don't know why. He was as interesting and witty as usual, but I can't remember looking at him a lot during songs. I probably looked at Boz more as he was on my side.

4.Morrissey nearly never came over to the left! I think he probably did about 4 times and that's it. He also threw all his stuff to the right as did the band.

Sorry if I seemed like a moan there. Even with these it was probably the best experience of my life. Pure heaven while it lasted.

do you remember what you were wearing that night? it would be nice to place the face. someone right next to me got on spontaneously like that during there is a light.

> During Light . I kissed his hand. I actually just kinda did it without
> even thinking/knowing I would, and when security all went left try and
> prevent somone else, I just went flying......

Nothing special. Just jeans and a Merc t-shirt.

> do you remember what you were wearing that night? it would be nice to
> place the face. someone right next to me got on spontaneously like that
> during there is a light.

Re: Liverpool!!!

> Got me a handshake and some shirt!

Oh-my-god, you must be crazy. Liverpool was the worst gig ever!

Re: Edinburgh-Paisley

Been fortunate enough to catch the man 6 and a half (don't ask) times this year. All the gigs were brilliant, but two Scottish ones stand out for me--

Edinburgh--Moz was in great form, though it was so hot in the venue that the mighty quiff had a meltdown within the first song or two. My friends and I arrived a bit late and didn't get a barrier spot, so we circled round looking for a decent view. Managed to find one--we spent the gig sitting on a wheely bin! Hilarious, excellent view and Moz kept looking our way through the gig.

Paisley--Just a wonderful intimate gig. Lovely venue, a restored victorian hall. Only 300 or so on the floor, was in the second row and didn't even feel crushed. Got a piece of Morrissey's shirt (generously donated!) and had a laugh on the train back to Edinburgh.

No need to mention the MEN, it speaks for itself. Ah I'm goin' all misty eyed, come back soon Moz!

its too bad i was not as attuned to the board back then, because i was flying solo in miami. would have loved to get drinks with people afterwards.

> Nothing special. Just jeans and a Merc t-shirt.

Why was it so traumatic for you?

> Oh-my-god, you must be crazy. Liverpool was the worst gig ever!

> Why was it so traumatic for you?

If you weren't in the front row you can't understand. I think everyone there had to be pulled out at some point -all due to that f***ing barrier. I had these two girls behind me who spent the whole time talking (why should you go to see Morrissey if you don't even listen to him???). Morrissey was quite disappointed about the stage being too far from the crowd. And a few more things.

Back
Top Bottom