What song are you listening to right now?

"Jodie wears a hat although it hasn't rained for six days
She says a girl needs a gun these days
Hey on account of all the rattlesnakes
She looks like Eve Marie Saint in on the waterfront
She reads Simone de Beauvoir in her American circumstance"
............best.............lyrics............ever.

Looking forward to reading this chap's latest memoir - but only when it pops into my local library. Because the public library is the only remaining institution offering personal power and enrichment to a skint urban nobody such as I.

Looking forward to reading this chap's latest memoir - but only when it pops into my local library. Because the public library is the only remaining institution offering personal power and enrichment to a skint urban nobody such as I.

I got his first one in that knock-off book shop, whose name I forget, for a couple of quid last yr. Speaking of books, if you like Debby Harry, her hardback autobiog is rather lovely to look at. Tenner in Tesco atm.

I got his first one in that knock-off book shop, whose name I forget, for a couple of quid last yr. Speaking of books, if you like Debby Harry, her hardback autobiog is rather lovely to look at. Tenner in Tesco atm.
Thanks, I seen that in WH Smith the other day and had a long browse. It looked good. But don't think I'm too cool for school because while there I also had a peek at Andrew Ridgeleys's new memoir!

By the way, loved Anderson's first one - thought I wouldn't, but I did. It wasn't a 'normal' memoir but it worked. I found it quite poetic.

Thanks, I seen that in WH Smith the other day and had a long browse. It looked good. But don't think I'm too cool for school because while there I also had a peek at Andrew Ridgeleys's new memoir!

SardonicFirstGlobefish-small.gif

While having an extra long browse in Waterstones by Trafalgar Square yesterday I had a look at a new book called 'Don't Look Back in Anger: the rise and fall of Cool Britannia' by Daniel Rachel. Read a new quote from Sonya Madden defending Morrissey. Was moved. Therefore you can count me as a new Sonya Madden fan. She's ace.

Last edited:
While having an extra long browse in Waterstones in Trafalgar Square yesterday I had a look at a new book called 'Don't Look Back in Anger: the rise and fall of cool Britannia' by Daniel Rachel. Read a new quote from Sonya Madden defending Morrissey. Was moved. Therefore you can count me as a new Sonya Madden fan. She's ace.

Never trust anyone that says Britpop was an awful time for British music..........it was fab.

"Jodie wears a hat although it hasn't rained for six days
She says a girl needs a gun these days
Hey on account of all the rattlesnakes
She looks like Eve Marie Saint in on the waterfront
She reads Simone de Beauvoir in her American circumstance"
............best.............lyrics............ever.

Rattlesnakes and Easy Pieces have to be two of the greatest LPs of the 80s.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom