What, In Your Opinion, Is The Best Morrissey VideoTo Buy?

K

Kali

I have them all but find Hulmerist a little tiring (too many fans- the guy eating the flower is good though ) What does everyone else think?

> I have them all but find Hulmerist a little tiring (too many fans- the guy
> eating the flower is good though ) What does everyone else think?

the one with jake in the paris hilton
he's one hungry mo fo

> I have them all but find Hulmerist a little tiring (too many fans- the guy
> eating the flower is good though ) What does everyone else think?

The Oye Estaban DVD.

But if we're talking just videos then Introducing Morrissey is the best I think.

"Hulmerist" is my favorite because of Tim Broad's excellent videos, particularly "Suedehead", which is the closest thing to a living Smiths sleeve. Overall I like it even more than "The Complete Picture", because of the way everything meshes together. It's not just a collection of videos. It takes on a life of its own.

However, later in the tape the endless crowd shots do get a bit old. That robotic "T-shirt, mate" is annoying.

Besides "Hulmerist", the best official video is "Live In Dallas". It's a perfect document of the "Kill Uncle" tour. I prefer it to "Introducing" because that one has a lot of cheesy home video effects whereas the straightforward "Dallas" is more like a crystal-clear bootleg.

Some of the actual bootleg videos are cool too. The South Bank Show documentary is essential. I also like the Palladium '86 gig. Through the soupy pixels of this "pro shot" footage you can still see the band's pure greatness. If you squint hard enough, that is.

Back
Top Bottom