What concert/show are you going to go to next?

The Queers and The Meatmen w/ support bands.

ooooh nice. I was going to go to that as well but plans have changed. I've seen the Queers a million times and the Meatmen once. Have fun. Unnatural Axe are playing too - huge writeup in today's Globe about them.

T Minus three days until Margaritaville hits Atlantic City.

According to Buffettworld.com there are many fans organizing many activities for those in attendance all day. One thing that had looked good but killed the day was the golf outing. They wanted people to play in costume and there was supposed to be a tiki bar on some of the holes. Yes, to those that have seen me in my grass hula skirt hawaiian shirt cabana boy hat and attached parrot that would have been me if I had the time. Instead its to AC on Saturday morning take the train to Philly for the afternoon and evening and then back to AC. Sunday night is Buffett and then the beach bar afterwards. Monday morning I come home and stop in Brooklyn for a few hours to work on my classroom. Then we plan the tailgate for Wednesday at Buffett for Jones Beach.

Ahh... Margaritaville.

The Queers and The Meatmen w/ support bands.

Nicee. They're not my favourite bands but they are good.

I had guestlist for FUK Reading tonight. It's loads of UK anarcho/punk bands that I doubt anyone here has heard of. But I was too tired to go. So now it's:

Bomb Factory, 5th September
Agent Orange, 6th September
The Toasters, 13th September
The Rabble, 20th September
Subhumans, 23rd September
The Varukers, 11th October
Flipper, 18th November
Flux Of Pink Indians, 13th December

They'll be more, though.

Last edited:
Echo & The Bunnymen @ Royal Albert Hall on 16 September! :)

I can't freakin' wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
Echo & The Bunnymen @ Royal Albert Hall on 16 September! :)

I can't freakin' wait!

Nice one (I've got to wait until Liverpool).

Next week back to The Wedding Present, 1st in Birmingham, 2nd Cambridge, then Doves on 11th and 12th is exciting me.

Nice one (I've got to wait until Liverpool).

Next week back to The Wedding Present, 1st in Birmingham, 2nd Cambridge, then Doves on 11th and 12th is exciting me.

HI!

Are you going there too? I'm flying back over just for that! Plus, seeing them at Radio City in NYC on October 1. :)

HI!

Are you going there too? I'm flying back over just for that! Plus, seeing them at Radio City in NYC on October 1. :)

I'm impressed - I can only get to the Liverpool one that will have to suffice.

September 5th, Damien Dempsey at Shuba's (Chicago). :guitar:

I may know a few people there. :rolleyes:;)

Sept. 11th - Stray Cats, Manchester Academy
Sept. 26th - Teddy Thompson, Manchester Ruby Lounge
Dec. 8th - Barry Manilow (!), Manchester MEN Arena

I'm sure a few more will crop up between September & December!

Of Montreal next Monday will be by next concert if I can rustle up the cash. Never liked going to a show without grabbing a CD, shirt, etc, although ticket prices are reasonable. That plus the hurricane put a hurting on my finances as well.

I just did cartwheels and freaked out because Dredg is actually touring the east coast in the fall! Philly on November 9th!!!! This is the best news I've gotten in so long. I can not express how absolutely amazing this band is. The live experience will leave you speachless.

If you have no idea who I am talking about, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of El Cielo. It looks like this...

dredg-el_cielo.jpg

Does anyone know if anybody got the NYC Oasis tickets offered in the "lottery"? I haven't heard of anyone being successful. I gave about 10 different email addresses.:o I'm sure they were held back for VIP's and maybe a few scattered fans.

The Foals Aylesbury Civic Centre
Stevie Wonder Birmingham NIA
Goldfrapp Leicester De Montfort Hall.

Missed a band on Friday called Senned cos of the weather. Looked them up on t'internet sounded alright in a shoegazing kind of way (and named after a Ride song)

Back
Top Bottom