What album are you listening to right now?

alvvays pic.jpg

Alvvays LP

Riseagainsttheblackmarket.jpg

Listened once so far (released today). Awesome album, seems like if I exercised like I was supposed to, this would be a hell of a soundtrack.

all - birthday iou (from the album breaking things)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MME2et42TSw

the words which are about a young guy feeling guilty over an abortion he went through with during his younger years. such a fantastic band and i love that the song isnt all acoustic guitars and hushed delicate tones. i think the uptempo and distortion really add to the kinetic feeling inside his head at that moment. written by the drummer lyrics and all. every member of this band writes and delivers full songs. three fourths of the descendents plus one chad price equals "all". also goes with the philosophy of "all". so much guillt and pain in this song that just rings true. keep fishing guys

"i.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
And it's too late to save you

There really wasn't a choice
Seventeen was just too young
I couldn't hear your voice
I couldn't feel you living

I.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
My son, my mistake
My son, my mistake

I know you could have been a girl baby,
but Now you can't be anything
We needed you to prove our love,
We used you, then we killed you

I.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
My son, my mistake
My son, my mistake

Right to life? Who decides?
Is there wrong and right?
When mom and dad treated you so bad

We made our own decisions,
No one else's business
We'll learn to live with our mistakes
Live by learning from our mistakes
My mistake

I.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
My son, my mistake
My son, (I owe you so many things) my mistake
My son (I owe you so many things)"

one more from cliff

how long is forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrTun1g4DLs

of course it makes me think of how soon is now but so many of richards titles are so very close to morrisseys own song titles. little things here and there like little things they mean a lot compared to morrisseys such a little things (but the difference it makes). many many more

all - birthday iou (from the album breaking things)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MME2et42TSw

the words which are about a young guy feeling guilty over an abortion he went through with during his younger years. such a fantastic band and i love that the song isnt all acoustic guitars and hushed delicate tones. i think the uptempo and distortion really add to the kinetic feeling inside his head at that moment. written by the drummer lyrics and all. every member of this band writes and delivers full songs. three fourths of the descendents plus one chad price equals "all". also goes with the philosophy of "all". so much guillt and pain in this song that just rings true. keep fishing guys

"i.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you

There really wasn't a choice
Seventeen was just too young
I couldn't hear your voice
I couldn't feel you living

I.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
My son, my mistake
My son, my mistake

I know you could have been a girl baby,
but Now you can't be anything
We needed you to prove our love,
We used you, then we killed you

I.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
My son, my mistake
My son, my mistake

Right to life? Who decides?
Is there wrong and right?
When mom and dad treated you so bad

We made our own decisions,
No one else's business
We'll learn to live with our mistakes
Live by learning from our mistakes
My mistake

I.O.U. so many things
I.O.U. everything
But I can't repay you
My son, my mistake
My son (I owe you so many things)"

ALL/Descendents are my favorite band/artist alongside Moz/Smiths! I’m surprised to see someone talking about them on here. That is my favorite song from that record too. Powerful stuff.

the descendents are one of my fav bands of all time and by extension so is all (if you know the band you know the deal and why) and i own every album. even had my picture taken of me holding the last one i needed after i opened the package i was that excited. im into a lot of hardcore loud noisey dense music. milo actually works not far from where i live and ive always been a little tempted to stalk for an autograph or pic. i got to meet bill stevenson when he was drumming for the lemonheads at the black cat in d.c. he still packs his own gear and we talked about all for bit before i left him alone. he was pretty cool. i asked about the album that they stated was already recorded but he said they couldnt put it out until chad was ready to come back and tour. who knows when thatll be though.

I love the descendents

this was a good movie... I may or may not have shed a tear

http://www.filmagemovie.com/

I got the shirt an the poster when I saw it in santa cruz

oh an there's this!

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/use-the-milo-generator-to-make-your-own-descendents-knock-off?utm_source=noiseyfbus

I am eagerly awaiting Filmage coming to DVD/BluRay/download/whatever. Saw it last year in Trenton and it was awesome.

Bill Stevenson is my favorite punk rock drummer. He’s incredible. He is the glue that holds both Dents/ALL together, too. It took me a lot longer to warm up to ALL than it did for Descendents but now (just like with Smiths/Moz solo) I honestly can’t decide what I like more so its’ all even for me.

I’d love to hear a new ALL record with Chad but it seems like they’re a lot more into doing Descendents these days and Chad’s doing his thing (though they do sporadic ALL shows) so we’ll probably get a new DENTS record first.

Anyone hear that latest album from THE LAST? Karl and Bill play on it. It’s excellent. I highly recommend. It was one of my favorite records from last year.

Look what you got me started on! :) I have 5 Descendents coffee mugs, an ALL hoodie, a DENTS hoodie, a DENTS watch...and about 20 t-shirts. I have a problem.

the descendents are one of my fav bands of all time and by extension so is all (if you know the band you know the deal and why) and i own every album. even had my picture taken of me holding the last one i needed after i opened the package i was that excited. im into a lot of hardcore loud noisey dense music. milo actually works not far from where i live and ive always been a little tempted to stalk for an autograph or pic. i got to meet bill stevenson when he was drumming for the lemonheads at the black cat in d.c. he still packs his own gear and we talked about all for bit before i left him alone. he was pretty cool. i asked about the album that they stated was already recorded but he said they couldnt put it out until chad was ready to come back and tour. who knows when thatll be though.

I think that Lemonheads album that Bill and Karl play on is the most solid stuff they ever did.

i havent seen the film yet but am waiting to buy and watch the dvd. i would say lovey is the best lemonheads album but they have periods so to speak but the short answer is that lovey is my fav. well all's website said for years that they had recorded two albums, one that was all's catchy usual fare and another that was all mathy instrumentals (think songs like egg timer and such). ive been waiting a very very long time. of course id love another descendents album but i guess it just rests on if milo feels like it i suppose. i know they do shows and short tours but a records takes a lot of commitment.

Back
Top Bottom