What album are you listening to right now?

51SGnHFCKjL.jpg

Acoustic Hits (Deluxe). This album is amazing. One of my faves eva'.

The Cars - Heartbeat City

Last edited by a moderator:
Great taste in music, marred! What's your fave song on Floodland/&-or SoM song?

Think I'll bring out the vinyl, a nice bottle of wine and crank up A Slight Case of Overbombing :)

Thanks mate. Has to be Lucretia My Reflection on Floodland and across the board. Predictable maybe but that's what it is. The bass line is mental and Andrew's vocal is intense. Although Black Planet, More and Dominion are close. Wiat now I have to add Vision Thing! I guess I don't have to ask what your favourite Sisters song is then aka your name, Ribbons?

I only have them on CD so I'm a bit jealous you have vinyl. I might have to find it. Enjoy!

note: found vinyl of First last and Always and Floodland so looks like I'm going to be poorer this week... for the better.

on a side note: this is what I was listening to yesterday.

The_Cure_-_Faith.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm not a Blondie fan, although 'Heart of Glass' is an all time classic, but this is an amazing album cover!

Re heart of glass I prefer Billy Mackenzie's cover :)
isn't it though? and have not heard that cover, I'll go look it up :thumb:
as for me, friend from back home sent me an mp3 of Daughter's so now I am listening to their other stuff like
Ifyouleavedaughter.jpg

this :guitar:

Last edited:
isn't it though? and have not heard that cover, I'll go look it up :thumb:
as for me, friend from back home sent me an mp3 of Daughter's so now I am listening to their other stuff like
Ifyouleavedaughter.jpg

this :guitar:

I don't know them but I like that sleeve too. Definitely chase up that heart of glass cover. You won't be disappointed.

Just bought this and listening to it right now, as the thread says.

2014PaulWeller_MoreModernClassics_150414.jpg

I don't know them but I like that sleeve too. Definitely chase up that heart of glass cover. You won't be disappointed.

Just bought this and listening to it right now, as the thread says.

View attachment 31914
I played it, I liked it, but still like the original more :o
as for me, playing an album that defo would have been on my best of 2013 had I known about it then:
21dd905b.jpeg

:thumb:

I played it, I liked it, but still like the original more :o
as for me, playing an album that defo would have been on my best of 2013 had I known about it then:
21dd905b.jpeg

:thumb:

I assume these are other churches and not the Australian group the churches.

Another great sleeve!

btw how do you post big pics like that so they're not clickable thumbnails? It's all changed here since I was on years ago.

I assume these are other churches and not the Australian group the churches.

Another great sleeve!

btw how do you post big pics like that so they're not clickable thumbnails? It's all changed here since I was on years ago.
no, its a Scottish band, don't know the Aussie one :confused::o
and yes, I've been thinking, always a dangerous thing :rolleyes:
that record/cassette/cd sleeves will be one of the things they look at as a distinct from of late 20th century - early 21st century "art"
that is if there is anyone to study us in the distant future :cool:
as to posting pics like I do, I just hover over the little tree thingie, click on it
then click on From URL
copy and past the URL of ur pic into the URL box
then UN-click Retrieve remote file and reference locally
& viola :thumb:

I got it wrong. They're called 'The Church'. Shows how much I know about Australian bands :)

good call on the weezer as i love even the references hidden in the album cover. got to see them secretly tour the green album one year when i was at the warped tour in america (virginia). good show, good band

sorry. it was my understanding that clicking on the title would take me to the most recent page and i just realized thats not the case. so sorry for the replies to very old conversation or any broken conversation that might have been extra confusing. ive little web forum experience

I like these guys. I am in love with the girl.... oh and her voice too :)

London-Grammar-If-You-Wait.jpg

Attachments

• London-Grammar-If-You-Wait.jpg
    London-Grammar-If-You-Wait.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom