Was "Action", "Kids a Looker", and "People..." recorded during the 2014 World Peace sessions?

What really amuses me about "People..." is that it has survived numerous band members leaving and being replaced (I count two bassists and two drummers who have played it live) being learnt again when it's an unreleased in-studio track. Hardly worth the commitment.

What is remarkable is the thousands of concert-goers who survived having their ears assailed by "People..." I had to sit through it thrice myself.

Playing it at the Nobel Prize ceremony was pure trolling.

What is remarkable is the thousands of concert-goers who survived having their ears assailed by "People..." I had to sit through it thrice myself.

Playing it at the Nobel Prize ceremony was pure trolling.

Jesse was quite proud of it. It was supposed to be another missed #1 hit of his along with Youngest was the Most Loved.

I guess I am the only one appreciating "Action" and "People" as good live songs.
Haven't heard them live myself but only judging from live-footage from his concerts.
They lost their possible studio release on WPINOYB cause apparently in the meantime Moz considered them as being of lesser quality then most other new songs for that album.
But personally I wouldn't have mind if one of them traded places with Scandinavia.
Which also is a song I consider to be better as done at live concerts.
But I am not complaining!

For whatever it is worth, Scandinavia is just absolutely f***ing awful. Just a dreadful song.

Action is fine. A b-side for a second single at best.

Yes seems a bit repetitive, maybe some lack of dynamics in the song, but out of the batch, I think 'People Are' is quite a brilliant song, very enjoyable with great humor.

live...

I really think "brilliant" is a stretch. At best it is Morrissey post-comeback by-numbers. It's not the worst thing he has ever written, nor the worst thing Jesse has written, but the fact it has stayed in the setlist for six years is f***ing ridiculous.

Thank you. It's a tuneless dirge. And a complete energy killer at concerts.

There is genuinely no redeeming qualities about it whatsoever. The lyrics are awful and the music for all it's faux dramatic-ness just plods.

An absolute killer, I totally agree. Of all of the 2011 Live songs, Scandinavia making the cut in 2014 blows me away.

Yes seems a bit repetitive, maybe some lack of dynamics in the song, but out of the batch, I think 'People Are' is quite a brilliant song, very enjoyable with great humor.

You've heard songs like "How Soon Is Now?" and "Well I Wonder" from the same man and you somehow think THIS is an appropriate example of a brilliant song? :straightface:

You've heard songs like "How Soon Is Now?" and "Well I Wonder" from the same man and you somehow think THIS is an appropriate example of a brilliant song? :straightface:

I wasn't comparing it to those songs or any of his songs, as in better than or worse than. I think it's up there with songs like 'Don't make fun of daddy's voice' or 'That's how people grow up'. I think 'People Are' could have been a great b-side.

The songs you mentioned I wouldn't call 'brilliant' I'd call them 'AMAZING!!!' to say the least, then again there's a lot of his solo work that feel the same way about.

I really think "brilliant" is a stretch. At best it is Morrissey post-comeback by-numbers. It's not the worst thing he has ever written, nor the worst thing Jesse has written, but the fact it has stayed in the setlist for six years is f***ing ridiculous.

Well according to our poll (the biggest ever of all Morrissey/Smiths songs) People and Kid genuinely are the very worst songs Morrissey has ever sung.

Well according to our poll (the biggest ever of all Morrissey/Smiths songs) People and Kid genuinely are the very worst songs Morrissey has ever sung.

Or, possibly, the ones that people voting were least likely to have heard.

Hope 'kids a', Action is' and 'People are' make it on the new album. Would be cool to have a rerecorded version of 'Meat is murder' or 'fist of the gang' on the new album too. I think people here particularly would appreciate such additions.

Hope 'kids a', Action is' and 'People are' make it on the new album. Would be cool to have a rerecorded version of 'Meat is murder' or 'fist of the gang' on the new album too. I think people here particularly would appreciate such additions.

We also need an update to "Speedway" with Gustavo singing the closing. Hell, why not just have him sing the whole thing!

No. I want new songs.
Maybe on the bonuscd "Action" and "People".

By the way, I saw a list of unreleased stuff in a post 6 or 7 years before WPINOYB was released, with song titles and working song titles, and one of them was "One Of Our Own".
I think it was even before YOR was released.

I am Two People, Noise is the Best Revenge, I'm Playing Easy to Get, The Kid's Looker, People are the Same Everywhere and I Just Want to See the Boy Happy are the worst songs Moz has ever made. How many of them were written by Tobias? Scandinavia and Arts Hounds are very poor too, but so are some of the YATQ and other ROT tracks.

I am Two People, Noise is the Best Revenge, I'm Playing Easy to Get, The Kid's Looker, People are the Same Everywhere and I Just Want to See the Boy Happy are the worst songs Moz has ever made. How many of them were written by Tobias? Scandinavia and Arts Hounds are very poor too, but so are some of the YATQ and other ROT tracks.

I would agree that some of these are the worst, but, as far as your list goes, only "People" and "I Just Want To..." are co-written by Jesse. With the exception of "I Am Two People," which was co-written by Alain, the remainder were Boz co-writes (plus Gary Day on "Noise").

Boz co-write (plus Gary Day)

Jamie, I've always been intrigued about the dual co-writers thing. Did Boz and Gary set up in a room together and come up with the music together? Or did Gary merely suggest an idea to Moz/Boz/Alain, which Boz simply improvised and improved on? You would think Gary would have been pegged for more submissions since, especially in later day Moz, he seems to encourage more collaborations among band members (see Mikey Farrell, now Gustavo, etc)

Having dual credits is indeed rare in the World of Morrissey, having first occurred once with Whyte/Day during the Arsenal period, and later (maybe two or three) with Boorer/Day in the Quarry era.

We also need an update to "Speedway" with Gustavo singing the closing. Hell, why not just have him sing the whole thing!

Yeah maybe. Or at least an extended version of 'Scandinavia' would be greatly appreciated , but only if it's followed by a rerecording of 'Meat Is Murder.'

Back
Top Bottom