Viva Hate (2012 Remaster) request

Re:

I'm guessing you'd have regretted weller within twenty minutes of putting it on.

About 19 mins longer than it took you to regret buying VH2012 :lbf::lbf::lbf: But yes, you know me better than I know myself sometimes.

Sonik Kicks? Yeah it didn't do much for me either.

I'm pretty sure that I have all of Weller's albums in my collection, and, to be honest, the last few kind of blend into obscurity for me. I love his voice and the energy he puts into his music, but to be honest, I don't think I could name a song off the last few albums, let alone sing along.

Dave

No, it isn't. Not even cowbell.

A new edit, A new addition to the album (Heard before, but not on this album), a new remaster of all the tracks, the redesigned packaging. Yes, maybe that's not very much but for a first time listener of the album, it all sounds fine.

Right...and we REALLY wouldn't HAVE to buy the album if you would just shut up and leak it already...

Me? I'm not a person who leaks things. This thread seems to have become just a general thread on the Viva Hate remaster so I just thought i'd add my opinion. Don't have a go at me for doing what everybody else is!

Re:

Has it even charted at all? We should name this the Worst re-release in Morrissey history.

Will someone hurry up and upload this remaster already? If not then I'll buy the messed up job of an album for the sole purpose of distributing it for free.

Re:

Got mine today. PM me if anyone needs anything.

156164_10150757541518713_540763712_9379197_1261654510_n.jpg

380687_10150757541588713_540763712_9379198_383902622_n.jpg

529853_10150757541643713_540763712_9379199_480690985_n.jpg

...also finally got this since looking for it since 2006!

560444_10150757541728713_540763712_9379200_2074258370_n.jpg

Re:

Hmm.. I hear a couple of "pop" sounds in Break Up The Family. Are they intentional or not? I ripped the CD with Exact Audio Copy and no other tracks have any issues. Weird...

Anyway, I don't plan on listening to this version that often when the original is right there.

edit: re-ripped it and they're still there. Whatevs.

Last edited:
Re:

Can you be more specific? I don't hear any issues with Break Up The Family.

Check out the 45 second mark. The same sound can be heard a little later on too.

That seems to be the only track with the issue after ripping it. If your copy is fine I'd appreciate if you could send me a VBR mp3 of the track without those glitches.

Here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rz03wr

Last edited:
Re:

Yeah, I definitely hear the click in your version... that's very odd. Is it on the actual CD when you play it normally? I just played my copy on studio quality headphones and it sounds perfect. I ripped with EAC as well. I sent you a PM with a link.

Last edited:
Re:

Many thanks!

Re: Viva Hate (2012 Remaster) HAVE IT!

I have it. I listened to "Late Night, Mauldin Street" and the abbreviated ending is beyond absurd. If the song is already hovering at the 7 minute mark, what was the rationale for fading out the ending after the last verse? Just bizarre.

If you're interested, PM me. I'll send you a link you can download it.

A few caveats (I'm not going to pretend I'm any Saint); however, I have purchased this album four times already: on cassette, CD, CD 1997 Reissue, and ITunes. If you are in a similar boat, feel free to PM me.

If you've never bought the album, please do. Don't repost MY link to a public forum.

Last edited:
Re: Viva Hate (2012 Remaster) HAVE IT!

I have it. I listened to "Late Night, Mauldin Street" and the abbreviated ending is beyond absurd. If the song is already hovering at the 7 minute mark, what was the rationale for fading out the ending after the last verse? Just bizarre.

If you're interested, PM me. I'll send you a link you can download it.

A few caveats (I'm not going to pretend I'm any Saint); however, I have purchased this album four times already: on cassette, CD, CD 1997 Reissue, and ITunes. If you are in a similar boat, feel free to PM me.

If you've never bought the album, please do. Don't repost MY link to a public forum.

Hey- great to see you around here again. Your posts are missed.

Nice to see you as well. There has been a dearth of activity. I've always loved Moz for his albums. So, I sit and wait.

I just couldn't bring myself to purchase VH again. As I mentioned, I have it on cassette tape, CD, the 1997 CD Reissue, and ITunes. If a modicum of effort had gone into making this an interesting release, I would have found a way to purchase it (things are really tight); but this release defies logic. I'm glad Stephen Street punched up the tunes, but I can't envisioning paying $15 for an import CD for the pleasure.

I've been alright with the idea of Morrissey re-releasing his works in the manner in which they were intended (Southpaw, Maladjusted, and Bona Drag). But this latest release really makes no sense. If he wants to take Ordinary Boys off, I'm fine with that - but why replace it with a demo? If he felt so strongly, he should have just left Ordinary Boys off period. No replacement.

The truncated "Late Night" is also bizarre. How about truncating the ending to "Wide to Receive" first before we mess with a classic?!

Cheers! Nice to hear from you again.

Thanks for uploading the abbreviated version of "Late Night". The chopped ending really doesn't make much sense to me - I think its abruptness detracts from the gentle melancholy of the original.

Nice to see you as well. There has been a dearth of activity. I've always loved Moz for his albums. So, I sit and wait.

I just couldn't bring myself to purchase VH again. As I mentioned, I have it on cassette tape, CD, the 1997 CD Reissue, and ITunes. If a modicum of effort had gone into making this an interesting release, I would have found a way to purchase it (things are really tight); but this release defies logic. I'm glad Stephen Street punched up the tunes, but I can't envisioning paying $15 for an import CD for the pleasure.

I've been alright with the idea of Morrissey re-releasing his works in the manner in which they were intended (Southpaw, Maladjusted, and Bona Drag). But this latest release really makes no sense. If he wants to take Ordinary Boys off, I'm fine with that - but why replace it with a demo? If he felt so strongly, he should have just left Ordinary Boys off period. No replacement.

The truncated "Late Night" is also bizarre. How about truncating the ending to "Wide to Receive" first before we mess with a classic?!

Moz gone mad, tbh.

Ok, have re-re-bought this from iTunes. Converted from iTunes format to 320kbps mp3. PM if you need it. This one is finally error and pop/skip free.

Anyone have the new Suedehead remix and willing to share?

Back
Top Bottom