Video: Boston meltdown, fans booing..

It seems that some Americans are never more than two steps away from turning against someone and organising a huge record burning convention.
It must be something in the water.

I sense a little tone of anit-americanism there but I'll let it pass..... It's not just in America, it's everywhere, the majority of the human population are sheep and they have a herd mentality. All it takes is one person to start something, the rest will follow right behind...... it's really lame.....

but don't make it seem like it's just in America :rolleyes:

I don't know about the water but you are spot on about this observation. Obviously not all of us are that way but it's pretty silly how selfish some are and how they go about showing their frustration. Sad really.

:rolleyes:

For the record, I did not boo. Most of the people, like myself, just walked out of the venue in quiet disbelief.

However, any artist in that situation is going to get some amount of boos. Its a natural reaction from an audience who has been looking forward to the show, get into the venue, gets into the mood, has a couple beers.... and then the man comes out and rips through 7 great songs but then, as quickly as it began.... bam... its over.

Its just a emotional reaction to a really unfortunate situation. I think it would have been better to call the show off earlier in the day if he had any doubts about his voice.

Keep in mind that 90% of the audience is not nearly as obsessive as those of us who hang around these message boards.....

Still hoping for a makeup date...... or at least a rescheduled Northampton date.

Last edited:
This video clip is perfect example of how something taken out of context can cause the viewer to misconstrue the situation. Yes there was obviously booing, but not right away...when it was announced that: "we regret to announce....the show will not continue" there was stunned silence. People waited respectfully for some type of clarification/explanation. When some stagehand or other low-level type employee came out to further explain, then the booing began... I believe the booing was more toward the spokesperson and not our Mozzer. Were we disappointed? Yes. Were we disrespectful to Morrissey and the band...some maybe, but most not.

Again, the booing came several minutes after the show ended during the "spokesperson/gaffer's" announcement.

p.s. If there is a make-up show and you dropped your ticket in section 4, 5, or 6 I may have it....Identify Section, Row, and Seat number to reclaim...otherwise I will use it...and not boo! :rolleyes:

I sense a little tone of anit-americanism there but I'll let it pass..... It's not just in America, it's everywhere, the majority of the human population are sheep and they have a herd mentality. All it takes is one person to start something, the rest will follow right behind...... it's really lame.....

but don't make it seem like it's just in America :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

very well said. i think booing is in poor taste, but to say this is just an american problem is mad..

Unless Mozz's nephew speaks with an American accent - I doubt that was him. I believe it was the LiveNation spokesman who came out both times. Front row was awesome! And I at least got to shake the hand of "the Man" :)

i find this incident really ironic, right after morrissey said on TTY that he avoids people who show ever minor signs of illness, in order to preserve his voice.

I seriously wonder if something even more serious happened to Moz or was wrong...are they gonna still want him to sing then?? If he was on his deathbed would they have done the same??

um, I'm guessing no. Are you retarded or something? Or just given to hyperbole? How could you logically conclude from a 13 second video of a few people booing at an announcement that the show has been cancelled due to the singer's throat irritation and hoarseness, that people would be demanding him to continue if he had, say, been attacked and mauled by a puma 6 songs into a show.

Are you really that mental? Or are you just trying to make a stupid point that has already been made 7000 times over the last three days?

I would like to be that puma, and then there would be nothing left for the rest of you.

People were pissed. They spent a lot of money and time to get there. Probably 75% or more are only casual listeners, or Smiths nostalgists. If you went to a restaurant and four bites into your meal your plate was taken from you with a paltry explanation, you'd be pissed and expect your money back instantly.

Moz wouldn't go back out himself. I think he's a person who does not like to admit that he is wrong or has failed in any way. I'm the same way.

I genuinely hope that they are able to reschedule something so that at least the true fans will get to see him.

um, I'm guessing no. Are you retarded or something? Or just given to hyperbole? How could you logically conclude from a 13 second video of a few people booing at an announcement that the show has been cancelled due to the singer's throat irritation and hoarseness, that people would be demanding him to continue if he had, say, been attacked and mauled by a puma 6 songs into a show.

Are you really that mental? Or are you just trying to make a stupid point that has already been made 7000 times over the last three days?

Retarted...no.

Hyperbole...yes! Very much yes, and oh soooo obvious..or maybe not since you decided to comment on what I had said.

Mental...no, not by any means. But if you decide to think on the contrary, be my guest, I don't care what YOU think anyways....I know what I said and how I meant it to be taken. The way you decide, is up to you and you only.

And yes, I deleted my comment, no not because I care what the reaction of other people might be, whether similar to yourself or not, I just don't care to give them the chance to react, because frankly I don't want to hear it, and on that note, if you wish to fight with yourself on this matter, feel free, because I have better things to talk about, than what you thought of my comment. :)

Have a nice day. :)

you are a complete idiot. few people? i think from that video you can tell it was a collective thing- it was so loud you couldn't even hear the guy.
and if you had any logic, you wouldn't have believed that morrissey keeps a pet puma backstage, so you would have ruled out that possibility. his voice is the most important thing in his profession. an irritation that prevents him from singing is the same as a runner falling down and breaking his leg. if a runner sprained his leg, he'd be ordered to rest and not continue the race, no matter how many sponsors are standing there shaking their heads.
so don't call her supid.

you are a complete idiot. few people? i think from that video you can tell it was a collective thing- it was so loud you couldn't even hear the guy.
and if you had any logic, you wouldn't have believed that morrissey keeps a pet puma backstage, so you would have ruled out that possibility. his voice is the most important thing in his profession. an irritation that prevents him from singing is the same as a runner falling down and breaking his leg. if a runner sprained his leg, he'd be ordered to rest and not continue the race, no matter how many sponsors are standing there shaking their heads.
so don't call her supid.

Nicely said, and thank you. ;)

Why would you boo the poor guy who has to break the news and why are people saying that as if it's somehow better than booing Morrissey?

Why can't people be adult enough to realise that sometimes shit happens and it's nobody's fault?

oh my god.

i was just arguing absurdity with absurdity, dramatic overstatement with dramatic overstatement. I thought morrissey fans were supposed to be literate, somewhat acquainted with its devices, sarcasm at least.....

I thought her statement was ridiculous, and making a point that now, thanks to you, has been made 7,001 times. Of course I don't really think she's mental or retarded (or "retarted", for that matter). But she said that she "seriously" wondered whether people would taunt him on his deathbed. I was trying to point out that she's either using that adverb quite callously and incorrectly, she's lying, or she's mental. Which is it? Whatever it is, I then was trying to think of what ridiculous situation could lead to a stage turning quickly into a deathbed.

And please don't call me an idiot. that's childish and rude. I was there. It WAS a few people (notice that alot of the loud noises you hear in the background are whistling). again, don't make a generalized assumption based on 13 seconds of youtubing. Go read Plato, you're seeing the shadows on the wall

Last edited:
Why would you boo the poor guy who has to break the news and why are people saying that as if it's somehow better than booing Morrissey?

Why can't people be adult enough to realise that sometimes shit happens and it's nobody's fault?

Did you stop to consider that people were voicing their displeasure with the SITUATION and not necessarily the messenger??? No wonder 30 second advertising clips work so well on people. Y'all have made assumptions of the crowd based on a few second clip on youtube. That clip was absent the zeitgeist of the affair. Gas money, hotel room, cab fare x 2, $200 worth of tickets, $4.00 CUPS of water, $9.00 cup of beer, 35 minutes of Kristeen's caterwauling, 6 songs...yeah, the SITUATION deserved a little vocalization of displeasure. Not blaming anyone in particular but if you would have Cheered that situation I have a 1985 Reliant K Car with 150,000 miles you might be interested in buying. GFY.

skane

Back
Top Bottom