Upload your favourite non-Moz albums here!

soulwhirlingsomewhere - "Everyone Will Eventually Leave You"

[This album is out-of-print and may never be back in stock. Projekt Records]

01. opening the ten-end
02. when i dream i fall i hit 2
03. a mouse in the mouth
04. sealing
05. five days and the mind's erased
06. soaked and captured
07. balanced in perfect amber
08. the raining welt/copper eyes
09. when finger and palm was all
10. sun
11. when i dream i fall i hit
12. everything starts and everything ends in october

"Everyone Will Eventually Leave You" (54.6 MB)

1241209eu.jpg

A Mouse in the Mouth
when are you gonna leave? i'm not gonna ask again. the cycle of words ever said is complete when they become untrue. so i unfold myself and read what's been done to me. and these are the words that will shape me. these are the words that will break my heart. and thank God. no more heart. thank God

Sealing
there is a maroon room; barely lit, stagnant, and untouched. as stale as the air it will last breathe. i'll never see the inside again. it's only a memory now. and i can barely remember what it feels like to be in there. it's been so long and unmoved, like it was once someone's favorite chair before they died. and now, no one will ever sit in it ever again. it's too frightening to look inside where i once was. and i can remember, barely, ever being me in there

5 Days and the Mind's Erased
i found the footsteps behind her the longest. and ear untrained to the sound of my feet proves that they never were. there waves her freshly cut hair within tempting ear-shot. and i break the damn on the world with my mouth..... the only time i ever truly saw her scared. her hand with a hand i bet she didn't know as well as mine, all over the back of her neck, on that thin skull. shattered into facing me again with a word: her name hurled a hundred miles from my lips. please be the worst thing i can imagine. please be more than i can handle. bit my soul into my hands. i'll be tearing them up. i'll be breaking my hands.

Soaked and Captured
let go of me at my weakest time. and you let me fall down a well that you dug for me. as deep as i drowned, the tips of my fingers never left the light, peering blind. feeling around abandoned ground. here... i'll pull myself out. and look at me - i'm a mess. and i want to remember this?! soaked in love notes forever. days and days of splitting skin trying to get out. but sealing the memory with peach little snails forever on my arm. and i saved every ounce of it, i thought. loved every second of it. out and alone. forgotten. oh, i'm a mess. and i soaked and captured every sweet drop of my sadness. did i want to remember this?

Balanced in Perfect Amber
my head is so empty, and i don't care about thinking about anything. yet it's filled with my medicine that tells me how much meaninglessness is. and my heart is even emptier, and i think no matter how thin, anything would be welcome. but i know somewhere, that in time, there's not a thing here that'll ever fill me. and i'll die trying.

When Finger and Palm was All
your hands are as lifeless as the ground i will lay my body on. and it's funny how they seem to fit so well and easy when they're unknown. one day, i let go of thinking that they made only one body to fit mine, when i realized they really made none. and i gave up caring what it would feel like. your hands are as cold as the earth they all want to put my body in. and they wrap around me like they're savin' the world, or stopping the unfolding of what i know: that there were really none. but they fit so well with no motives driving. they fit so well when they're unknown.

Sun
i feel in every ray you beating down like before. memories we made in hopes to embrace. memories made to fear. open up the sky molded by your hands. and i drink so i won't see these things anymore. you drift in every sky. trail me like a cloud. and i will never say i see but i'll always feel it

When i Dream i Fall i Hit
if i died today, the hole in my head would be a lot cleaner than the one in my heart. every time i see these people, the more they move, the more i draw back, and see just how far apart i've become. with a scowl on my face that either means i'm gonna hit something, or i'm just too unfriendly to approach... and it's driving me mad. the more i bite my fingers, one day i'm gonna swallow my soul before i get a chance to feel like i used to again. will i ever bother to put a breath towards anything again? try to feel a little like i used to again. just a little like i did then.

Everything Starts and Everything Ends in October
she had a house west of the sun. when i try to remember it all i can think of is the day barrellin' down at the horizon. to let go in the final, brown clouds.

Durutti Column

Durutti Column - "Domo Arigato"
Released 1985, August.

Live in Tokyo, Japan.

144_d.gif

2:22 Sketch for Summer
4:50 Sketch for Dawn
2:16 Mercy Theme
10:04 Little Mercy
5:35 Jacqueline
6:37 Dream of a Child
3:45 Mercy Dance
4:40 The Room
4:09 E.E.
8:12 Blind Elevator Girl
2:50 Tomorrow
3:04 For Belgian Friends
7:45 Missing Boy
2:51 Self Portrait
0:54 {audience noise}

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JR2YV395

The (dear & cuddly) Monochrome Set

Soooooooooo underrated.
Clever, and hilarious lyrics.
I urge people to give it a try. I've uploaded the first two albums.
I consider the first track, from their the debut to be the best opener in music.
The gall of it... just listen.

Here's a zip file that has ALL of their lyrics.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y87X5M2J

============
Strange Boutique

DIN18.JPG

1. The Monochrom Set (I Presume)
2. The Lighter Side Of Dating
3. Expresso
4. The Puerto Rican Fence Climber
5. Tomorrow Will Be Too Long
6. Martians Go Home
7. Love Goes Down The Drain
8. Ici Les Enfants
9. The Etcetera Stroll
10. Goodbye Joe
11. The Strange Boutique

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4042EX7V

Love Zombies

d-19.jpg

d-13.jpg

1. Love Zombies
2. Adeste Fideles
3. 405 Lines
4. B-I-D Spells Bid
5. R.S.V.P.
6. Apocalypso
7. Karma Sutra
8. The Man With the Black Moustache
9. Weird, Wild and Wonderful World of Tony Potts
10. In Love, Cancer?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XA9ZFA9K

Last edited:
Keep Recordings, on their webpage, have announced that Small Town Boredom's long awaited full-length "Autumn Might Have Hope" will be due in September. :) So, I thought, for the sake of acquaintence, to post their debut 3" cdr from a couple of years back: "For Only The Chosen Will Love". There is also an mp3 available from the new album.

download new mp3 here

Small Town Boredom
For Only The Chosen Will Love EP
CDR | KR05 | OOP

1. I Live Here Alone, Behind The Churchyard
2. To Watch The Blossom Fall
3. Sorry (For The Setting Room)
4. After The Harvest, I'll Still Remember You
5. Leaving Priesthill
6. The Broken Hearts Of Falkirk

"For Only The Chosen Will Love" EP (25.1 MB)

kr051dc.gif

About the band:
"Currently residing in Paisley, Scotland & recording in a cramped attic apartment, Small Town Boredom's whiskey soaked tales of loss & longing provide constant reminders of what was & what could have been. By combining subtle field recordings & effects, sparse acoustic arrangements & delicate vocals Small Town Boredom plays like a mini-soundtrack to those quiet winter nights spent alone."

Two reviews for "Only the Chosen Will Love":
David C. @ Americana UK
"Tucson label provides a home for Scottish arch-miserabalists to deliver a low key slow motion prescription for prozac. Fed up with MTV2 and all those emo bands fronted by middle class poseurs articulating their angst by shouting loudly and gruffly over serrated guitars? If you are and you want to feel some real pain, agony that hurts so much that it is difficult to even let it out, not this nonsense primal scream therapy but the blackness of real debilitating depression, you’re in the right place. Coming on like a mix of the Cure circa ‘Faith’ & ’17 Seconds’ (the mainly instrumental ‘Leaving Priesthill’ could have fitted on either of those discs) and the hushed tones of Low, these Scottish bedroom types find a home on the Arizona label, a long way from the drizzle of a cold Paisley morning. In the background of the songs you can hear ambient noise that seems to hint at an alternate existence or a reminder of the reality surrounding the recording, memories of dancing to David Gedge setting the tone of ‘I Live Here Alone, Behind the Churchyard’ - the minute that the simple acoustic guitar of ‘To Watch The Blossom Fall’ spends in your ears is enough to suggest that after flowering most plants die. ‘After the Harvest, I’ll Still Remember You’ is so fragile that it barely exists, like thin porcelain if you hold it too tightly it will shatter. This is the perfect antidote to the summer heat. You’ll have to hurry though, they are strictly limited."

Jeff Marsh @ Delusions of Adequacy
Scotland’s Small Town Boredom is two people: Fraser McGowan and Colin Morrison. Recording their music in a cramped attic apartment, the musicians somehow convey a deep-seeded emotional power to these six melancholy and moody songs. With lush production and hushed vocals that lend the songs a stark yet textured feel, each track is powerful in its quiet, intense in its solemnity.
“I Live Here Alone, Behind the Churchyard” starts things off quietly but impressively. Light guitar and keyboards provide the melancholy and dreamy feel of the album, and the vocals are sung in a hushed, moody manner that feels like it could be played in a churchyard. It leads into perhaps the most impressive song here, the short but sweet instrumental “To Watch the Blossom Fall.” With nearly perfect acoustic guitar, it’s a perfect interlude.
Things take a more intense feel on the drifting “Sorry (for the Sitting Room).” While still moving at a slow and introspective pace, the lyrics and instrumentation add greater emphasis to the song, as they sing: “You can go anywhere in your mind / but how much can you take? / Have you ever touched the hand of God? / Do you believe in fate?” The drums on the seven-minute “Leaving Priesthill” give the song an electronic feel, and keyboard atmospherics mix with the guitars for perhaps the most unique song on the album. Instrumentation is most important on this track, even as it manages to convey the same amount of stark moodiness of the rest of the release. The vocals don’t even come in until about six minutes, but they’re hardly missed. “The Broken Hearts of Falkirk” end things even more moody, as the lyrics “Feed me these bitter pills / for I don’t want to sleep” come in over bare guitar, mixed so every brush of the strings is heard.
KEEP Recordings develops unique and homemade packaging for every release, and Small Town Boredom’s EP may be my favorite yet. The band took 50 unique polaroids – a different one for each CD – and signed the back, and the picture shows through a circle in the front of the album, making each cover different. And the three-inch CD and packaging comes in a hand-sewn folder. This is Small Town Boredom’s third release, and it’s wonderful – yet possibly depressing – stuff.

Jacob Faurholt - "Quietness"

01. Pictures
02. Like a Bird
03. All I Ever Wanted
04. We Like Snow
05. Fall Asleep
06. Box of Glass
07. Color Me Blue
08. Red Door
09. The Two of Us
10. Your Crown
11. Catch the Rose
12. Beautiful

"Quietness" (30.4 MB)

q4vd.jpg

Tram - "Heavy Black Frame"

01. Nothing Left To Say
02. Expectations
03. Too Scared To Sleep
04. Like Clockwork
05. Home
06. I've Been Here Once Before
07. High Ground
08. When It's All Over
09. Reason Why
10. You Can Go Now (If You Want)

"Heavy Black Frame" (39.5 MB)

tram3wh.jpg

Tram
Jetset Records

"The stark and simple expression of sadness has pretty much always been an integral part of popular music, but for a number of recent artists -- groups like Low, Red House Painters, Mazzy Star, and Smog -- it's a passion bordering on obsession. Camden, England's Tram is another such group; a gloomy indie drone-rock band spiritually descended from melancholy '60s folk artists like Nick Drake, Scott Walker, and Leonard Cohen and the suffering of the blues tradition. Their music is dark and fragile, often heartbreakingly mournful. There's a certain amount of narcissism here -- it's inherent to the genre -- but Tram avoids the common pitfalls of so-called "sadcore" by maintaining a light touch, keeping the melancholy to a minimum, and letting the music do the talking. And the music is exquisitely beautiful, thanks to its lush, subtle orchestration, which is dominated by tentative acoustic guitars and plaintive cello and violin.

Tram's principal members are Paul Anderson, who handles vocals and guitars, as well as some bass, keyboards, and percussion, and drummer/percussionist Nick Avery. They used to play in a Camden thrash band called Bin Hoker, got sick of it, and decided it was time for something entirely different. They debuted with the quietly poignant Heavy Black Frame (1999) and followed that up with Frequently Asked Questions (2001), where you'll find "Once I Was." The group's third album, A Kind Of Closure (2002), maintained their beautifully sullen and sultry delivery."
Jesse Ashlock

How on Megaupload, do i take an album from my files and put it on here.

Codreanu said:
Carissa's Wierd - "You Should Be at Home Here"

Thanks a lot for this! I really, really like "The Color That Your Eyes Changed With The Color Of Your Hair". Well, I like most of it.. Great album. :)

Freya said:
Thanks a lot for this! I really, really like "The Color That Your Eyes Changed With The Color Of Your Hair". Well, I like most of it.. Great album. :)
You're very welcome. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, Freya. Since the few comments on this album have been appreciative, I'm thinking of uploading their first, impossible to find, release "Ugly but Honest".

Interestingly enough, the band once recorded an acoustic cover of "Suedehead" which, together w/ an alternate version of one of their own songs, was released as a 7" single by the Subpop label. To be frank, neither song was very impressive.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/02/06/18/1450259.shtml

Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites [2005]
B000AV47XK.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tracklist

1. Circuitry Of The Wolf
2. Chinaberry Tree
3. Why Are You Looking Grave
4. Fox Cub
5. Apocalypso
6. Special
7. Zookeeper's Boy
8. Dark Design
9. Saviours Of Jazz Ballet (Fear Me December)
10. An Envoy To The Open Fields
11. Small Ambulance
12. Seething Rain Weeps For You (Uda Pruda)
13. White Lips Kissed
14. Louise Louisa

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/12715509/Mew_-_And_The_Glass_Handed_Kites.zip

"Not a lot of bands make records like And The Glass-Handed Kites anymore. Grandiose in conception and epic in scope, it puts Mew in a rarefied circle of bands--Sigur Ros, The Mars Volta--pushing at rock’s glass ceiling in the hope of breaking through to some brave new plane.

Those looking for a quick fix may be frightened off by the opening "The Circuitry Of The Wolf", tangles of Sonic Youth guitar and distorted drums synchronised into sinister, driving riffs. Persist, though, for it’s not long until the ice begins to crack: "Apocalypso" is rent by bursts of spectacular tunefulness and glimmering xylophone passages, before melding imperceptibly into "Special", one of the album’s more delightfully restrained moments. "The Zoopkeeper’s Boy", meanwhile, imagines Mercury Rev holidaying within the Arctic Circle, chiming guitars and curiously zoological lyrics melding into something quite unique.

If there’s a problem to And The Glass Handed Kites, it that Mew constantly seem to reaching for the stars--a noble aim, but one that, across 55 minutes, can be quite wearing. Like Sigur Ros, they’re a band for a time and a place, the peak of slow-moving glaciers, the honeymoon suite of the ice hotel. Don’t overplay them, or they lose their magic"

" Producing dark and atmospheric songs, Mew possess a graceful beauty and create an epic sound with strikingly memorable tunes over which delicate vocals soar to angelic heights. Two years after their award-winning debut album Frengers wowed the critics, the Danish four-piece's follow-up, And The Glass Handed Kites is the fourth album for the dream-pop four piece but only the second to be available to a worldwide audience. Mew And The Glass Handed Kites features 14 total tracks including "Apocalypso", "Chinaberry Tree", "A Dark Design", "White Lips Kissed", "The Zookeeper's Boy", "Small Ambulance" and more."

Codreanu said:
You're very welcome. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, Freya. Since the few comments on this album have been appreciative, I'm thinking of uploading their first, impossible to find, release "Ugly but Honest".

Interestingly enough, the band once recorded an acoustic cover of "Suedehead" which, together w/ an alternate version of one of their own songs, was released as a 7" single by the Subpop label. To be frank, neither song was very impressive.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/02/06/18/1450259.shtml

I've given the whole album a good listen today, and i really like it. So I, if not anyone else, would be really pleased if you uploaded their first!

Another thing; I was reading into some of my old threads today and found that you were the one who uploaded "Please help the cause..." with both Moz and Sandie for me. I should marry you for that!

I thank you with all of my heart!

Freya said:
Another thing; I was reading into some of my old threads today and found that you were the one who uploaded "Please help the cause..." with both Moz and Sandie for me. I should marry you for that!
What must I upload for you to buy the ring? ;)

Freya said:
I thank you with all of my heart!
And I welcome you with all that is left of mine!

Carissa's Wierd - "Ugly but Honest 1996-1999"

01. Heather Rhodes
02. Drunk with the Only Saints I Know
03. Lazy Eyelids
04. To Be There Now
05. One Night Stand
06. Sitting in the Smoking Lounge of the Airport with a Broken Heart
07. Blankets Stare
08. Fluorescent Lights
09. Bathtile Green
10. Some Days are Better than Others
11. Alphabet on Manhole / Heather Rhodes (remix)

"Ugly but Honest 1996-1999" (70.4 MB)

285498mn.jpg

Thanks a lot codreanu, for uploading all of these fantastic albums. I love discovering new music. Your efforts are very much appreciated :)

Codreanu said:
What must I upload for you to buy the ring? ;)

Oh, you've done enough. Let's climb that tree!

As expected, I really like "Ugly But Honest". It goes so perfectly well with this slightly hungover and really rainy day im having. Thank you!

(I wonder how many times I have thanked you by now..:p)

Last edited:
Someone, in another thread, requested that I (re)post "Songs About Leaving". I am somewhat hesitant to do so, given its continual availablity through a number of online retailers. But I decided to go ahead and upload the release for the sake of those not in the U.S. and with the notion that I might possibly induce a few Americans w/ an amazon.com account to grab the remaining copies of this treasure or even their, posthumous, live (+ "new" tracks) album "I Before E". Nevertheless, I will probably remove the link after a week or so...

Here it is, CW's harrowing swansong, and masterpiece. :)

Carissa's Wierd - "Songs About Leaving"

01. You Should Be Hated Here
02. Silently Leaving The Room
03. So You Wanna Be A Superhero
04. September Come Take This Heart Away
05. Ignorant Piece Of Shit
06. Piano Song, The
07. They'll Only Miss You When You Leave
08. New Holiday, A (November 16th)
09. Farewell To All Those Rotten Teeth
10. Sofisticated f*** Princess Please Leave Me Alone
11. Low Budget Slow Motion Soundtrack Song From The Leaving Scene
12. It Was Probably Green, (March 19th 1983)

link removed, sorry. :(

285509kd.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom