Unlucky fans ... COME HERE IN FRANCE !

l'aeronef is the best place to see concerts, not that big, less than 2000 people!I really love this place, iwent to the new aeronef since 1995, and to the hold one since 1993. I love this place!!!! come on you dir*£ lads, i'm waiting for you in the nearest pub!!!

Erm... just curious... but where exactly is the nearest pub??? :rolleyes:
Or should I say, what is a nice pub in the area?
Me and my friend are definitely looking for a nice place to have a drink after the show.

And another question: January probably will be cold: can you queue inside or do you have to stay outside and freeze your butt off. :p
As verystylishgirl mentioned the venue is inside a shopping mall so I hope you can queue inside.

Name a good pub we can all meet up in

Alan

Erm... just curious... but where exactly is the nearest pub??? :rolleyes:
Or should I say, what is a nice pub in the area?
Me and my friend are definitely looking for a nice place to have a drink after the show.

And another question: January probably will be cold: can you queue inside or do you have to stay outside and freeze your butt off. :p
As verystylishgirl mentioned the venue is inside a shopping mall so I hope you can queue inside.

Yes it's in a shopping center, but you have to queue outside, because it's not inside the shopping center...and yes it's freezing in january in lille!!!
As it's a small venue, you don't have to queue all day infront of the aeronef.
For pubs where we can meet, it's near the train station so there is pub everywhere.
I'll be please to have a drink with all of you at "les brasseurs", they make their own beer. we can also eat there. Or we can go to "le palais de la biere", 2 minutes walking to the aeronef.
By the way let me know when you're coming and we'll drink some beers before!
See you there in january!!

Last edited:
Can Anyone Help I Need A Phone No To Pay For My Reserved Tickets Or Can You Just Pay With The Info They Give On The Reservation Through A Bank Transfer??
Alan

Can Anyone Help I Need A Phone No To Pay For My Reserved Tickets Or Can You Just Pay With The Info They Give On The Reservation Through A Bank Transfer??
Alan

From which website did you get your tickets?
Did you not pay with a creditcard?

I'll be please to have a drink with all of you at "les brasseurs", they make their own beer. we can also eat there. Or we can go to "le palais de la biere", 2 minutes walking to the aeronef.
By the way let me know when you're coming and we'll drink some beers before!
See you there in january!!

Wow, this sounds great!
We will probably go to Lille early Saturday morning and we will certainly check out the pubs you mentioned, before and after the gig. ;)

I´ll be in Lille as well. I read capacity 1800, that sounds great.
Does anybody know if Rue de Courtrai is in the area. I found an etap hotel with this address. merci beaucoup

Sorry if you have heard this hundreds of times before, Mel, but I always have "Comin Home Baby" in my head every time I see your name.
I enjoyed your concert reports, too, by the way!

Danke! Glad you enjoy the reviews. I only bother because people say they like reading what I write.

It sounds like you're going to have a very fun holiday seeing gigs!

I don't mind being associated with "Comin' Home Baby" or being called the velvet fog. ;)

The funniest thing was being told by the Seeker of Good Songs that he expected me to be a middle-aged white man. Well, two out of three ain't bad.

That's the same figure I got when I thought to myself as I saw a rather showy car pull up to the kerb about a decade ago, "*Snarf* that's the kind of car some balding executive with a mid-life crisis drives". Then I realised it was Morrissey driving the car.

Don't worry "Mel Torment", French fans will be there on Clermont-Ferrand, Strasbourg and Lille on Januray, and Paris at the Olympia on February :):):)

Fantastique! I'm very glad to hear predictions of a strong turnout in support of Morrissey. But I can't help thinking back on how poorly attended Lyon 2002 was. It's not like Lyon is some provincial backwater. I mean, even an idiot like me knows Lyon. :p Well, maybe the half-full hall in Lyon was an anomaly because 2002 was still in the "Lost"-no-record-contract era.

That's the same figure I got when I thought to myself as I saw a rather showy car pull up to the kerb about a decade ago, "*Snarf* that's the kind of car some balding executive with a mid-life crisis drives". Then I realised it was Morrissey driving the car.

Well it could have been a hire car ;) Where was that by the way? Outside a concert venue or some random city street?

Fantastique! I'm very glad to hear predictions of a strong turnout in support of Morrissey. But I can't help thinking back on how poorly attended Lyon 2002 was. It's not like Lyon is some provincial backwater. I mean, even an idiot like me knows Lyon. :p Well, maybe the half-full hall in Lyon was an anomaly because 2002 was still in the "Lost"-no-record-contract era.

I saw him in deinze, belgium, in the same era, it s a very small place and it was half full as far as i can remember....

I saw him in deinze, belgium, in the same era, it s a very small place and it was half full as far as i can remember....

Well, as I explained earlier, this is good and bad from a personal standpoint. How did the concert go? Do you prefer smaller, half-full concerts or crowded bigger ones?

Well it could have been a hire car ;) Where was that by the way? Outside a concert venue or some random city street?

It happened on a random street, not during a tour. I was not paying much attention to the conversation at hand. Instead I was looking at the car and thinking my uncharitable thoughts. Then one of the people I was chatting with said goodbye and got into the car Morrissey was driving.

I prefere sold out smaller one!!!
I saw moz in gmex last year, it was too big!!

Of course, I prefer sold-out smaller ones, too. But you were given a hard choice between less-than-ideal situations. ;)

I was a gmex, too. Was really miserable with a severe cold I caught in Germany. Moz was really weird, too. I didn't appreciate his "I'm just one small Chinaman" comment at the last show in Manchester.

His 2007 shows were much better. He became more accessible, but once in a while he would make these silly bordering-on-psychotic speeches. I feared he would slip into Tourettes or something really dreadful, but it never did, thank heavens!

Normally I prefer smaller, more initimate venues. However, one show of his which really stands out in my mind was in Zagreb last year. It took place in the Salata stadium, used for ice skating in the colder months, but nevertheless providing a nice amphitheatre feel to the proceedings. Adjacent to the rink was a swimming area, and from the pool bar above I was able to watch the band do their sound check, completely undisturbed.
It was a beautiful summer evening. The Croatian crowd were enthusiastic and lively – AND well mannered. I could easily get to the front. And the sunset from behind the stage lent a perfect accompanying backdrop to the stage lighting.
Moz clearly really enjoyed the show and wasn't even perturbed by the thousands of mosquitos (Mozzies as he called them) that were spectacularly visible in the rays of the spotlights.

It was part of the annual Salata festival ... but it still seemed like totally his own show. Two days earlier, Franz Ferdinand had also performed at the same event, making it a very worthwhile trip down to Zagreb – a very pretty city incidentally. It was my favourite show from last year. Although every concert I attended had something individually special that remains in the memory.

The more I write, the more I am really looking forward to Strasbourg and Lille.

It happened on a random street, not during a tour. I was not paying much attention to the conversation at hand. Instead I was looking at the car and thinking my uncharitable thoughts. Then one of the people I was chatting with said goodbye and got into the car Morrissey was driving.

:) That's quite funny. But it couldn't have been that random a location surely.

:) That's quite funny. But it couldn't have been that random a location surely.

You gave me a choice between "some random city street" and a concert venue. It wasn't a concert venue, and the street was random because I certainly didn't expect to see Morrissey there.

I enjoyed reading about your concert experience in Serbia and how writing about it makes you look forward to the concerts in Lille and Strasbourg. I'm looking forward to Clermont-Ferrand because it surely will be even more intimate!

Back
Top Bottom