UK Music Hall of Fame

Pudsey

The other day I was watching the UK Music Hall of Fame on TV and wondered if The Smiths (i.e. a band that actually deserved a place) would ever be inducted and I found out that, sure enough, they've been nominated before and some of the nominees in the past have gone on to be inducted (check it out here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Music_Hall_of_Fame)

My questions are, do you think Morrissey & Marr would collect the 'award' together (I'm assuming Rourke & Joyce would be out of the question)? If not, do you think any other artist/band could do them justice (if you didn't know, usually the artist or a 'famous' cover act sings 1 or 2 songs by the inducted artist or band)? I shudder at the thought of McFly or Fall Out Boy being selected to do this but after seeing Joss Stone covering Dusty Springfield, anything can be possible..

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Last edited:
The other day I was watching the UK Music Hall of Fame on TV and wondered if The Smiths (i.e. a band that actually deserved a place) would ever be inducted and I found out that, sure enough, they've been nominated before and some of the nominees in the past have gone on to be inducted (check it out here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Music_Hall_of_Fame)

My questions are, do you think Morrissey & Marr would collect the 'award' together (I'm assuming Rourke & Joyce would be out of the question)? If not, do you think any other artist/band could do them justice (if you didn't know, usually the artist or a 'famous' cover act sings 1 or 2 songs by the inducted artist or band)? I shudder at the thought of McFly or Fall Out Boy being selected to do this but after seeing Joss Stone covering Dusty Springfield, anything can be possible..

Sorry if this has been asked before.

yeah I was wondering that too. I'd say the reason they havent got it could be all the trouble the organizer think itll cause. Joss was really awful all she did was just prove how superior Dusty was

One of the bands endorsed with praise by Morrissey in the past would probaly be selected to cover something. Franz Ferdinand with 'This Charming Man' perhaps?

One thing's for certain, Morrissey would NOT appear at the ceremony. Marr might, as he's been keen to talk about The Smiths on TV before. Obviously Joyce would be out of the question. I think the best we could hope for would be Marr and Rourke receiving the award, with them performing a Smiths classic with Marr on vocals. But this is still unlikely.

f*** the system mannnnnnn

What I hate about that show is how they honour these great artists, then go right ahead and dishonour them by getting some third rate act to ruin their best known songs. What they did to Dusty this year was a travesty. :mad:

Why can't they just show some old footage of the actual artist?

Back
Top Bottom