Two new song titles?

Roma De Moz

Fat Children Took My Life
A few month's ago I reported to this board that a friend of mine is currently working on the artwork to Morrisseys next album. I can confirm that this is true, but I still don't know whether it is the "Greatest Hits" record or an all-new album. However, she could confirm two new titles that have been floating around. They are "No Room For Oscar" and "Please Don't Throw Things At Me".

I asked if these were song's, or possible names for the record. And I didn't get a yes or no either way, just a 'you'll see'. Thought I'd share.

the second one sounds familiar. wasn't it a rumored song title some time around Southpaw?

You're thinking of "I'm Not Worth Hitting", which was supposed to be around the time of Maladjusted, and apparently was going to be on the album at some point, maybe even appearing on an early CD-R version of the album distributed around the record company or something.

"No Room for Oscar" would sound horrible if it was anyone other than Morrissey, but knowing how Morrissey very rarely disappoints, I'm expecting the best from that song. As for "Please Don't Throw Things at Me", that just sounds lazy to me. But then again I thought the same thing when I heard the title "That's How People Grow Up" but I love that song. :)

Wow... commissioning album design seems premature, considering he has only two songs (that we know of) and no deal, hence no one to pay the bill. Also, I don't think he'd be thrilled to know these things are being leaked. Would anyone really jeopardize their job like that? Good design jobs are very hard to come by.

Thanks

Can't wait for a new album, especially as it's sounding more like there are a number of new tracks. Two that we know of, perhaps now two more.

i remember them talking about this album cover a while ago. are they still not done? how does morrissey already know what's going to be on the album when he hasn't even recorded it?

No Room For Oscar is a song after all. Apparently it consists of two verses, one bridge, and an outro in Italian. The music is described as "aggressive", and best of all, it's a Boz peice. As I say, take it or leave it, I'm just a messenger, but the mods don't seem to mind so...

No Room For Oscar is a song after all. Apparently it consists of two verses, one bridge, and an outro in Italian. The music is described as "aggressive", and best of all, it's a Boz peice. As I say, take it or leave it, I'm just a messenger, but the mods don't seem to mind so...

Thanks a lot for this exciting info. We really appreciate it :)

Erm...no. I was just assuming he'd do the same as he did in "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice", but in Italian.

Back
Top Bottom