Today's Other Big News

Ethan Poe

The announcement from Polydor does produce one statement that sticks out "Morrissey is currently recording a new studio album in LA, working once again with Jerry Finn, the producer of 2004's widely acclaimed UK #2 album You Are The Quarry. The as yet untitled new album will be released in Autumn 2008.". Does this mean no Visconti on the next album?

Well I remember that detail but I wasnt quite sure wether or not Visconti would do a little co-production work or not..I was really looking forward to more Visconti style production

So do I!!

Hopefully Visconti and Morrissey will work again in near future.

Well who knows Visconti still could be on it or he as I would venture to assume left with KY during that whole affair. Either way we get two good albums from two excellent artists I just dont like Jerry Finn all that much

I'm not very keen on Jerry Finn's work either, but no need for being pessimistic.
The new album might be better than our expectations.

Don't you think Mozzie is beginning the recording of his album rather early? Bravo!:p
(Just to discuss something else than the NME!:eek:)

Did you type this with a straight face?

Honestly yes in an era when there is more executive decisions made from the studio the producer himself becomes far less relevant. Though I would say Visconti probably would have been a safer choice than Jerry Finn. But who knows its not like either album had a bad sound. But still no Visconti suprised me

Back
Top Bottom