tried to paint
your golden words black.

But to me you will always be....
My God.
My philosophy.
My Darling.
Darling!
My Morrissey!

I touched him with my elbow. It was magical. I'm not kidding.

Yes I love the line about isolated midnights. Very nice :cool:

I shook his hand at numerous gigs in 2004 and occassionally during the 2006 tour.

The most memorable, other than the first time at the Perth Town Hall gig, was at the Manchester Bridgewater Hall gig when "Uncle Liam" made a run to the front and due to his larger frame was able to take about four of the security guys with him, which meant I only had to get past two to get a hand shake. At one point I was being pushed against a front row seat with my back to the stage, but I faked left, span right and reached out and got a hand shake. I seem to remember this resulting in some cheers from the audience, but that could well be my memory playing tricks on me.

The Eagle Ballroom in Milwaukee, WI, in 2004. Coincidentally enough, it was during Everyday is Like Sunday at the point he sang "...and the strange dust lands on your hands." He had a very firm grip, but his palm was surprisingly dry, considering he was gladhanding others and performing under lights.

Later, my friend and I waited in the cold near the band bus, which was very out of character for either of us. But we were rewarded by meeting Gary Day, who was very cordial and made eye contact when he shook your hand. He signed the notepad I had with me "All the best, Gary Day." We complimented him on the Motivators, which seemed to take Gaz pleasantly by surprise, and said "he's getting better" when we asked about Alain. Very gracious and soft-spoken - made our night. We asked him if Boz was coming out but said something to the effect that he was "eating his dinner." (I must admit: I immediately pictured Boz with a pint of Guinness.)

At some point while we were waiting, Jesse came out and another fan gave him a bouquet of flowers. I couldn't hear the conversation so I'm unsure if they were intended for him or if he was asked to deliver them to Morrissey/another band member, but, later, after he apparently had changed on the bus, Jesse came back out to return to the venue and left the flowers by the bus door, like he was getting rid of them. It was a bit strange, especially since some other fans were still milling around and could see it.

Sounds like a write-up for Tiger Beat, now that I re-scan what I've written!

Cheers,
Jamie

I jumped on stage at the Barrowlands in 1995 and Moz lifted me up with his arms and held me, i felt this tremendous spark. I think we were both wearing arran sweaters..:)

I jumped up and down like a little girl who had just found out that Garry Glitter had cancelled a personal appearance at her birthday party and the bouncer at the Barras had to tell me to stop jumping up and down because at nearly 6ft 2" i was in danger of smacking my head off the lighting rig..:) I left the gig with joy in my heart and a tea-spoon full of pee in my panties...:guitar:

Truly, it was a great moment. I thought i had healed him of his misery, but he recorded Maladjusted and couldn't get a deal for eight years and i fell deeper into the darkness.

Still, it was fun while it lasted..:)

I am too old for this shit...:mad::o

I jumped on stage at the Barrowlands in 1995 and Moz lifted me up with his arms and held me, i felt this tremendous spark. I think we were both wearing arran sweaters..:)

I jumped up and down like a little girl who had just found out that Garry Glitter had cancelled a personal appearance at her birthday party and the bouncer at the Barras had to tell me to stop jumping up and down because at nearly 6ft 2" i was in danger of smacking my head off the lighting rig..:) I left the gig with joy in my heart and a tea-spoon full of pee in my panties...:guitar:

Truly, it was a great moment. I thought i had healed him of his misery, but he recorded Maladjusted and couldn't get a deal for eight years and i fell deeper into the darkness.

Still, it was fun while it lasted..:)

I am too old for this shit...:mad::o

How did you manage to get on stage there:confused:. I cna't lift my arms to the barrier:p.

Well done mate!. I'm sure you did touch a part of Moz and he will never forgot (and i don't mean that in a funny way).

You don't look that age- although i bet all your myspace pictures have been airbrushed:p.

nope!

i still get carded for booze,they all think i am like 21 and then get shocked when they see my i.d. and see im really archaic.

haha

what can i say?
i have been blessed with not only looks but also abilty to look young into my 30's
hahaha

nope!

i still get carded for booze,they all think i am like 21 and then get shocked when they see my i.d. and see im really archaic.

haha

what can i say?
i have been blessed with not only looks but also abilty to look young into my 30's
hahaha

I thought you were in your early 20s :o

nope!

haha

what can i say?
hahaha

Yes you are blessed, sometimes i don't get IDed for booze- which i like but i do wonder how old people think i am. I have been told everything between 15 and 25:confused:.

I thought you were in your early 20s :o

you have made an old man happy
haha

well like i said,i do not act like one.

i saw your post on myspace,you should take a holiday one day in provincetown,i think you would love it.

Yes you are blessed, sometimes i don't get IDed for booze- which i like but i do wonder how old people think i am. I have been told everything between 15 and 25:confused:.

i thought you looked about 18 or so.
i am blessed,i should really stop complaining so much.
oh well
haha

Back
Top Bottom