The Smiths - 10 of the best - The Guardian

am i the only one who thinks that the smiths didn't have any unworthy song? :cool:

Ha ha another fine example of your righting skills I see Charles, oh well it was your write to reply keep it up boy it's very entertaining.

Rid

You could put me on ignore. If you could find the brain cells required to register. HTH. Then again all of your posts are to me and about me. #allyouneedisme

- - - Updated - - -

am i the only one who thinks that the smiths didn't have any unworthy song? :cool:

There's at least two of us.

Last edited:
*sigh*

Morrissey is a profound solo artist since 1988, but Michael Hann seems to refuse to acknowledge the fact.

deliberately, maybe...

"... here are 10 classic Smiths songs to warm you up for Morrissey’s forthcoming UK tour"

this seems pretty low.

The only song I would replace from the list is Shakespeare’s Sister. I always found this song a bit tuneless and fast forward past it when I listen to Louder than Bombs. I might suggest That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore in its place. It hit me right from the beginning:

Park the car at the side of the road
You should know
Time's tide will smother you
And I will too

When you laugh about people
Who feel so very lonely
Their only desire is to die

Well, I'm afraid
It doesn't make me smile
I wish I could laugh

But that joke isn't funny anymore
It's too close to home
And it's too near the bone

It's too close to home
And it's too near the bone
More than you'll ever know

Although Benny will no doubt take issue with the leather seat reference...but still quite a moving song.

'that joke isn't funny anymore' has been in His solo gigs though it never bores .

'Bigmouth strikes again' would be my choice for 2 or 3 Smiths songs in His upcoming UK tour

'and they say he's mentall'...enjoy the upcoming gigs...

Last edited:
The most perfect band that lived

To me they are every bit as a genius pairing as Lennon/McCartney

Im a big fan of most of Morrissey's solo material and it never bothers me when he gets so much bad press sometimes through his own faults because his music especially the Smiths stuff has brought so much joy to my life and I know I will take it with me for the rest of my life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom