The frink thread for ‘Mad Men’ US television drama series

Re: The Frink thread for ‘Mad Men’ The American television drama series.

Aaand... season three is on. Any thoughts?

Surprised by Sal? Disappointed with Don? Jittery over Joan? (I can't keep this up... )

Aaand... season three is on. Any thoughts?

Surprised by Sal? Disappointed with Don? Jittery over Joan? (I can't keep this up... )

I'll have to wait until BBC2 show it later this year or early next year. :(

Now being shown on the BBC...season 3.

Mad-Men-Don-Draper-and-Be-001.jpg

mad-men-season3-hed.jpg

Re: The frink thread for ‘Mad Men’ US television drama series

a warning about the 12th episode :straightface:
it may make you cry, it did me :tears:
my god, I got teary eyed just thinking about it & I was not even born yet :o

I tried to get into the show, but I'm fickle with tv shows with scripts. Attention span is constantly thwarted. I can't even pay attention to Project Runway anymore. It has universally good reviews but it overated as usual.

a warning about the 12th episode :straightface:
it may make you cry, it did me :tears:
my god, I got teary eyed just thinking about it & I was not even born yet :o
Is that the JFK episode?
We have another 10 weeks to go, here in Blighty. Tell me nothing!
Roger's poor daughter. A wedding ruined. ;)
I cried at last week's episode (#2) when Don was stroking the grass unseen, in killer shades, whilst watching the Maypole dance!? So heck knows how I'll cope when they reach Dealey Plaza, Kronkite, etc.
*Apologies for no frink pics*

Uh, it wasn't the character's fault. Besides, some people think she's deceptively shallow. I'm not one of them. She should have done more than she did in season three. She... well, let's not spoil it for the UK crowd.

'Girls can't do Euclid: can they, sir?'

'They can pick up a little of everything, I daresay,' said Mr. Stelling. 'They've a great deal of superficial cleverness: but they couldn't go far into anything. They're quick and shallow'.

Tom, delighted with this verdict, telegraphed his triumph by wagging his head at Maggie behind Mr. Stelling's chair. As for Maggie, she had hardly ever been so mortified: she had been so proud to be called 'quick' all her little life, and now it appeared that this quickness was the brand of inferiority. It would have been better to be slow, like Tom.

'Ha, ha! Miss Maggie!' said Tom, when they were alone, 'you see it's not such a fine thing to be quick. You'll never go far into anything, you know'.

The Mill On The Floss

Uh, it wasn't the character's fault. Besides, some people think she's deceptively shallow. I'm not one of them. She should have done more than she did in season three. She... well, let's not spoil it for the UK crowd.

oh sorry, I just, well, I shall say no more, I forgot the Brits are so behind :o

'Girls can't do Euclid: can they, sir?'

'They can pick up a little of everything, I daresay,' said Mr. Stelling. 'They've a great deal of superficial cleverness: but they couldn't go far into anything. They're quick and shallow'.

Tom, delighted with this verdict, telegraphed his triumph by wagging his head at Maggie behind Mr. Stelling's chair. As for Maggie, she had hardly ever been so mortified: she had been so proud to be called 'quick' all her little life, and now it appeared that this quickness was the brand of inferiority. It would have been better to be slow, like Tom.

'Ha, ha! Miss Maggie!' said Tom, when they were alone, 'you see it's not such a fine thing to be quick. You'll never go far into anything, you know'.

The Mill On The Floss

I must avoid further talk of Betty. I want to say... agh. Can't. Or... aha!

That's the best she could do? An affair? How tawdry. If she's going to overthrow her life, she should do it BIG and make Betty Friedan proud. Running to another man is not really an escape, it's just exchanging one set of handcuffs for another.

But then, maybe that particular girl didn't learn much at Bryn Mawr.

I don't see the poetry in geometry, and that's the only reason I don't do it. Bores the pants off me. Boys, take note.

I adore it. There's nothing I like more than doing lines.

:rofl:
&
on a more serious note :straightface: I agree almost completely with Preggers analysis of the "Betty situation" especially the part she thoughtfully hid :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom