The Dementia Dimension

What's Brian Wilson like as a person?

Very sad. Dementia is one of those diseases that truly demonstrates the existential tragedy of life - life is a cruel joke and the joke is on us. The only response is a great big belly laugh.
It is amazing though that he does seem to still be making music. Anyone with a relative with dementia, or who has ever worked on a dementia ward, will know the power that music has to make a face light up with recognition. Music taps in to our deepest memories. And the deepest memories are the last to go. Without music the world dies.

The singer Tony Christie has the same diagnosis, and continues to tour - https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tony-christie-not-ashamed-anymore-32790834

Actor Bryan Murray too, who does a lot of work for related societies - https://www.newstalk.com/news/its-n...ryan-murray-on-living-with-alzheimers-1650940

Sad to say though, another very lucrative disease for pill pushers. Lack of sleep, stress, poor nutrition, slow healing from physical injury or disease, exposure to or ingestion of many types of substances, grief etc: when these impacts are not factored in, symptoms can look like dementia.

Once, visiting an elderly relative not long admitted to a ward, I learned they'd been interviewed for grasp of common knowledge, when I noticed the clock on the wall stopped, and the available calendar still open at the previous month. Appalling misadventures go on. Mercy on us sensitive creatures. There's a good boy...

An in-depth exploration into the actuality of the occurrence,
has been underway for some time now.
It's of a imperative importance to understand the effects and
specifications.

Tell us more, Professor! :brows:

In the dementia dimension, time no longer goes
forward, but instead spreads in a spheroid.

😻

spinning-top.gif

Has Morrissey ever covered the Beachboys - yet?

The singer Tony Christie has the same diagnosis, and continues to tour - https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tony-christie-not-ashamed-anymore-32790834

Actor Bryan Murray too, who does a lot of work for related societies - https://www.newstalk.com/news/its-n...ryan-murray-on-living-with-alzheimers-1650940

Sad to say though, another very lucrative disease for pill pushers. Lack of sleep, stress, poor nutrition, slow healing from physical injury or disease, exposure to or ingestion of many types of substances, grief etc: when these impacts are not factored in, symptoms can look like dementia.

Once, visiting an elderly relative not long admitted to a ward, I learned they'd been interviewed for grasp of common knowledge, when I noticed the clock on the wall stopped, and the available calendar still open at the previous month. Appalling misadventures go on. Mercy on us sensitive creatures. There's a good boy...

😻

spinning-top.gif

I’ve read and heard many an interview with him, though not all. But I don’t recall him ever mentioning Brian or The Beach Boys.

Maybe someday he’ll post a reaction video to ‘God Only Knows’ up on Central.

What's Brian Wilson like as a person?

Folks who know him, say stuff like "he's simple in a good way"
or "he's childlike".
After he made the album Pet Sounds, which is considered a
innovative masterpiece, Brian was courted by the hippest of
the hip in 1960's California, because they thought he was
this extra intellectual artist, but after they met and got to
know him, they viewed him as a idiot savant.
The album Smile was originally gonna be called Dumb Angel
and I kinda wonder if this was how Brian thought of himself.
A Dumb Angel.

😻

spinning-top.gif

Don't think Moz ever covered the Beach Boys.
Little Bird would be a good one.

Btw, have you seen the film about Brian called Love & Mercy? It’s a good watch. How ‘bout you T?

Yeah, I liked it.
The young Brian part was my favorite.

There was a funny part in the Beach Boys TV movie,
where Brian's first wife Marilyn was on her way to
the hospital to give birth and Brian was to busy
playin' Shortenin' Bread.

Last edited:
“Will none of the powers that be realise what Brian Wilson did with the chords?
Deftly taking from all sources, old rock, Four Freshman, he got in his records a
beautiful hybrid sound – ‘Let Him Run Wild’, ‘Don’t Worry Baby’, ‘I Get Around’,
‘Fun, Fun, Fun’ – and she had fun, fun, fun ’till her daddy took her T-bird away.”
- Lou Reed

Yeah, I liked it.
The young Brian part was my favorite.

There was a funny part in the Beach Boys TV movie,
where Brian's first wife Marilyn was on her way to
the hospital to give birth and Brian was to busy
playin' Shortenin' Bread.

‘Shortening’ Bread? Lol!

‘Shortening’ Bread? Lol!

Guess Brian went through a Shortenin' Bread obsession.
There's a story where Brian met Iggy Pop and Alice Cooper at
some party and they ended up back at Brian's house and Brian
started playin' Shortenin' Bread on the piano and he got Iggy
and Alice to sing the vocal parts. It was fun for the first 15 mins,
but then it keep goin' on for an hour, until Iggy said it was "too
weird" and left.

Brian would eventually record Shortenin' Bread.

Guess Brian went through a Shortenin' Bread obsession.
There's a story where Brian met Iggy Pop and Alice Cooper at
some party and they ended up back at Brian's house and Brian
started playin' Shortenin' Bread on the piano and he got Iggy
and Alice to sing the vocal parts. It was fun for the first 15 mins,
but then it keep goin' on for an hour, until Iggy said it was "too
weird" and left.

Brian would eventually record Shortenin' Bread.

If only that Alice, Iggy version was recorded!!!

:ROFLMAO::swear🙃

Btw…. and I thought The Cramps version of Shortenin' Bread was weird. Lol.

Last edited:
Tags
beach boys brian wilson dementia
Back
Top Bottom