• Total voters
The headmaster ritual
Well I wonder
Barbarism begins at home

And indeed, why so few votes for Barbarism???:confused:

1.) That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
2.) Meat Is Murder
3.) Headmaster Ritual

Tough choice between second and third place.

Well I wonder is my least favourite song from this album, id like to see ruffians with a few more votes.

"The Headmaster Ritual"
"Rusholme Ruffians"
"What She Said"

"The Headmaster Ritual" was an easy choice for me (definitely one of my favorite Smiths songs), but the other two were a tad more difficult. I guess I just have a soft spot in my heart for "Rusholme Ruffians".:D

The Headmaster Ritual
Barbarism Begins At Home
Meat Is Murder

Those three stand head and shoulders above the rest for me. I'd like to see Barbarism win, but since it isn't going to, I'll have to throw my weight behind The Headmaster Ritual. Any song that starts with "Belligerent ghouls" is good by me.

darn, i clicked on the topic and my gut told me straight away to vote for well I wonder- but i forgot use use my other votes. bollocks. This is my favourite smiths album and hence, my favourite album.

1. Well I Wonder
2. I Wan't The One I Can't Have
3. Rusholme Ruffians

There is no average song on this entire record for me, its perfect from start to finish. That's something I can't quite say about any other Smiths or Morrissey album. I'll be happy whatever songs go through.:D

Headmaster Ritual
I Want The One I Can't Have
Nowhere Fast

well i wonder
that joke isn't funny anymore
headmaster ritual

barbarism almost made it on there...this is my favorite album...
i do enjoy these polls!

Barbarism (can't believe it's got so little votes!):eek:
Headmaster ritual

Rusholme ruffians

How many songs go to the next round?

I'm afraid I mucked it up. I wanted to vote for Well I Wonder but clicked on Nowhere Fast instead. The Headmaster Ritual will always be special to me because it reflects a particular time of my life, between school and work. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore also reminds me of the time in the crappy bedsit in Eccleshill; if I had have clicked the correct radio button, it would have been Well I Wonder. To this date, never played live, it encapsulates the desperate sadness of the one you want, out of touch, out of communicable distance. I remember feeling that way about an ex-girlfriend, who ended up cracking-off with my then best friend after taking a tape-player up to the cliffs and getting steamed on Blue Thunderbird. When I woke, they were gone. Older, wiser now, I look back at that time as something that probably needed to happen. How times change.

Peter

I want the one I can't have. It is this albums Meserable Lie.

Barbarism. Wonderfully dancable.

Meat Is Murder. After a long break I started listening to it again and re-discoveded what an unbelievably beautiful song it is. The vocals is amazing. Why has it got so few votes??

Last edited:
That joke isn't funny anymore - hints at later epic melodramatic masterpieces (I know it's over, there is a light etc.), i didn't like it when i first heard it but it grew on me...I just love the"I see it happen in other people's lives ..." bit,sends shivers down my spine
Well i wonder - quite wonderful
Nowhere fast - absolutely brilliant lyrically. contains some of my favourite lines ever. i just had to vote for it even though the accompanying music hardly matches the lyrics
probably my least favourite smiths album (if i really have to choose one...)...it just lacks that extra something...

Last edited:
my favourite smiths album, hard choose 3, ...

headmasters ritual
well i wonder
meat is murder

[that joke isnt funny anymore, nowhere fast, barbarism coul'd've been my choice also]

How many songs go to the next round?

Top-4 will go through and the 2 best performing numbers 5,
we have 7 rounds and we need 30 semi-finalists, so there.
Luckily we've had 2 very clear top 4's so far :)

Can't believe people having problems with this poll, by the way, it's soooo easy:
1) I Wan't The One I Can't Have
2) Headmaster Ritual
3) Well I Wonder
These should be in the final 15!

Meat is murder is sooo underrated! Ok, the studio version sucks, but listen to whatever live-version... It's lovely!

Back
Top Bottom