tell us about the last Film you saw

11Anchorman.jpg

This had a few funny moments but was very disjointed and a lot of the jokes missed the mark. They obviously wanted to make a point about the state of News reporting but it felt like the film had been thrown together in a rush. 5/10.
shit, really? I loved the first one, have not seen this one though yet
as for me, last night I watched:
Dreadposter09.jpg

the Clive Barker story was better, still, I give it a B-

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was shit but I liked the first one more. If you liked the first one the second should still make you laugh.

I just watched this... I'd give it almost 9/10

the-return1.jpg

Two teenage Russian boys have their father return home suddenly after being absent for 12 years. The father takes the boys on a holiday to a remote island on a lake in the north of Russia that turns into a test of manhood of almost mythic proportions.

Last edited:
220px-Lifeofbrianfilmposter.jpg

Never watched it till now (I know...!) and although it's a little outdated with a couple of gags overall it's very funny. I didn't really laugh at the speech impediments though. Maybe times have changed? Love the bit where he opens the door completely starkers and the crowd is outside waiting for him. Comedy gold!

I just watched this... I'd give it and almost 9/10

View attachment 31353

Two teenage Russian boys have their father return home suddenly after being absent for 12 years. The father takes the boys on a holiday to a remote island on a lake in the north of Russia that turns into a test of manhood of almost mythic proportions.
I'll try and check it out :thumb:
as for me watched
Lone_Survivor_poster.jpg

an A+, for you maybe not so, I could say a lot about this film, but much of what I would say would give away the story
but if you are an open minded person and want to see an incredible mostly true story of courage, tragedy and most of all HONOR
then you should see this film
and then for something completely different, I watched:
Anchorman_2_Teaser_Poster.jpg

no where as near as good as the first one, but still a:
B-
basically it did not have enough of Christina Applegate :love: and some jokes did not work
not that Meagan Good is not :horny: but I just adore Christina Applegate, always have and always will :blushing:

Nymphomaniac-Character-Posters.jpg

LVT's magnum opus? I don't think he has made it yet. I was still pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it and can't wait for the 5 plus hour directors cut. Its more closely aligned to Breaking the Waves than to his more recent work. Shia LaWhatever was horrible, but Charlotte was sublime. Uma Thurman was excellent in her cameo...

The Tarkovsky references have become parody - Its pretty much like "Wheres Waldo."

The final sequence was total Haneke.

hr_Nymphomaniac:_Part_One_23.jpg

Last edited:
Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Last film I watched was this pile of shite! :sick:

It came from Love Film and cost me nothing, but what a waste of a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contracted, a horror of sorts. A lesbian is date raped by some bloke and contracts a very weird virus. Plenty of disgusting moments which women in particular will find a bit uncomfortable. Some pretty poor acting and an annoying ending. 5/10

Man Of Steel. I saw this at the cinema, where it was OK, and yesterday at home where I really hated it. He looks a lot like Superman, he still comes from Krypton and so on. He is still found by the Kents and raised as their own, but as a Super-purist this movie just irritates the hell out of me.

I believe Superman is one of the great literary creations of the 20th Century. As such there is little or no reason to change his origin and the mythos one iota. This movie tampers with it in a ludicrous and unnecessary fashion, including the very basic tenet that he doesn't kill. This one does, not just his enemies but bystanders caught in the crossfire.

Superman isn't the Dark Knight. I'm not suggesting he should be a George Reeves style boy scout but this movie veers to far into the gritty realism which was so successful for the Bale Batman. It simply isn't right. 8/10 for the effects, minus a point for getting the character so badly wrong, minus a point for the uniform no longer being the blankets his mother wrapped him in for his journey to Earth.

Man Of Steel. I saw this at the cinema, where it was OK, and yesterday at home where I really hated it. He looks a lot like Superman, he still comes from Krypton and so on. He is still found by the Kents and raised as their own, but as a Super-purist this movie just irritates the hell out of me.

I believe Superman is one of the great literary creations of the 20th Century. As such there is little or no reason to change his origin and the mythos one iota. This movie tampers with it in a ludicrous and unnecessary fashion, including the very basic tenet that he doesn't kill. This one does, not just his enemies but bystanders caught in the crossfire.

Superman isn't the Dark Knight. I'm not suggesting he should be a George Reeves style boy scout but this movie veers to far into the gritty realism which was so successful for the Bale Batman. It simply isn't right. 8/10 for the effects, minus a point for getting the character so badly wrong, minus a point for the uniform no longer being the blankets his mother wrapped him in for his journey to Earth.
yeah, I could get over the one killing, that of Zod, perhaps as a way to show that this was "young Superman" and from here on out
no more killing, however, all the other wanton violence and death of us "merely humans" how to equate that with the Superman ethos :confused:
just can't, and yes, I agree, while I too see how "Batman" is cool, its Superman who I adore :thumb:
as for me, I'm still watching old Poirot:
e4_d__0_PoirotTheABCMurders.jpg

David S. is truly perfect in this role and I wondered how they would deal with the 2 povs in this novel :confused:
and they did a masterful job so an A+ for me, but I love Agatha Christie books and Poirot, so :blushing:

Muppets - Most Wanted

MMW-Soundtrack.jpg

Good cast of known actors and cameos. Story ok and moved along nicely. Musical numbers were good. Looking over at my kids at the theater, I saw them laughing during a lot of the movie. I thought they were to old for it, but they wanted it and they enjoyed it. Honestly, it didn't enthrall ex me like frozen, but I wasn't there for me anyway.

Muppets - Most Wanted

View attachment 31398

Good cast of known actors and cameos. Story ok and moved along nicely. Musical numbers were good. Looking over at my kids at the theater, I saw them laughing during a lot of the movie. I thought they were to old for it, but they wanted it and they enjoyed it. Honestly, it didn't enthrall ex me like frozen, but I wasn't there for me anyway.
so no song as awesome as "Man or Muppet" :confused:
still, I'll see it because well since I have no kids, but love them and am in many ways a big 40something one :rolleyes:
its still my thing :o

The Swimmer.jpg

Swimming upstream through the time stream and getting bitch-slapped by the Salmon of Reality. Okay, I'll probably regret that description in the morning. Ahem...anyway, never watched this film until now and found it quite interesting. Burt Lancaster's favorite role...small cameo by Joan Rivers (far before she launched the careers of several Hollywood plastic surgeons)...based on the story by John Cheever (appears briefly in the film passed out drunk on a pool float). Avoid the official trailer...it in no way does justice to the film.

I just watched this with my daughters.
If you love Gael Garcia Bernal (I have fallen for him), like Kate Hudson, and love crying nonstop for two hours...this is your film.

71zVvXZcY6L._SL1200_.jpg

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom