Tags: Good feature or new trolling opportunity?

1 Buzzetta's post was changed yet he didn't change it.
2 Changing original text does not change that same text when it is quoted.
(in other words, if you are quoted and then change your post, the quoted post is still the original, and does not change to correspond to the edited post)

3 NRITH's post was not changed, but the quote of the post was.
4 The change is a temporary thing which is why you have to use a screenshot instead of a quote to capture it.

5 In other words, even if NRITH's post was "translated" that would not affect Buzzetta's quote of that post.

6 see 1.

this thread was at 1st informative to me, then funny, now confusing
however, let me say, many tags make me laugh
others are just stupid, i dont get or seem intended for an audience other than me...

I think it's ridiculous that Theo can post lies about people for years, myself for at least 2 years, repeating things that other people made up FOUR YEARS AGO, and then complain about tags.

What lies are those, "Dave"?

I get tags "Dave is a mega asshole" and similar, and I don't care. Tags are what they are, and anyone that is going to get their panties in a wad about some "25 letters or less" comment is a whining sack.

Obviously this thread was popular because people are concerned and/or confused about tags. My panties weren't in a wad. I simply wanna be clear on what is considered "trolling" and/or a violation of the "Terms of Service". I don't wanna get banned from web sites like you have been, "Dave". Furthermore, I consider your reply here to be a trolling post on me - trying to flame me for raising a legit concern in the feedback forum. I'm glad DavidT replied in a professional manner. Somehow that angered you and you felt the need to immediately start trolling me in response to DavidT's professional reply. I haven't posted in this thread in weeks. Apparently the thread has stayed alive because people want feedback -- thus it was a good thread for the feedback forum. Please stop abusing this forum, "Dave", and stop bullying people who ask for feedback in the feedback forum. It's what it's here for. You tried to run the MorrisseyMusic.com forum and got banned for it. Have you learned nothing?

Last edited:
1 Buzzetta's post was changed yet he didn't change it.
2 Changing original text does not change that same text when it is quoted.
(in other words, if you are quoted and then change your post, the quoted post is still the original, and does not change to correspond to the edited post)

3 NRITH's post was not changed, but the quote of the post was.
4 The change is a temporary thing which is why you have to use a screenshot instead of a quote to capture it.

5 In other words, even if NRITH's post was "translated" that would not affect Buzzetta's quote of that post.

6 see 1.

What Firefox extension does those translations?

Could I have a point clarified by one of our fine mods?

Do the rules of the Pigsty apply to tags in the Pigsty? Or do the rules of the tags in the rest of the forum apply to all tags everywhere, including tags in the Pigsty?

Perhaps I haven't read the threads on tag abuse closely enough, as I find I do not know what rules are being applied to the tags in the Pigsty.

(I went back and deleted a couple tags from the 'sty to be on the safe side....but what if I missed one:eek: ) (Btw, what is the statute of limitations on old tags in forgotten threads being used to prosecute someone?)

Similar to posts, tags in the pigsty are not moderated but are still subject to the TOS.

Similar to posts, tags in the pigsty are not moderated but are still subject to the TOS.

So in other words, you can use profanity, etc in tags, if one must but other TOS rules apply, correct?

*run-on sentence alert*

reporting trolling tags

someone just put "stalking again" in my facebook thread :(
how do i report it?
message all the mods?
that seems like a lot of trouble for everyone :confused:
cant we just click on it and report it like people do with a post?
or at least know who is still doing this crap?
i just want to know before i go bother anyone with pms about this :o

Re: reporting trolling tags

I'll say it again.
Just get rid of the silly tags system
Or name and shame those who are abusing it.

Robby have you ever thought that the tags are just a bit of carry on? And as for going telling tales at your age, well that says it all really. Why would any tag bother you? Or are you actually what those tags say about you. Seriously though, you wanna get the dummy back in:thumb:

i read that, but when david t says 'report'
what does that mean exactly, see?
i report ed1 tag a long time ago to more than 1 mod
and some responded, 1 of which who got rid of it
and another who did not :confused:
its simple really, now that it has been decided that tags can be reported
it should be a simple process like reporting a post
thats all
otherwise, the trolls will continue to hide behind tags because they are hard to report :(
however, a better idea would be to get rid of them i think :straightface:

Robby have you ever thought that the tags are just a bit of carry on? And as for going telling tales at your age, well that says it all really. Why would any tag bother you? Or are you actually what those tags say about you. Seriously though, you wanna get the dummy back in:thumb:

i dont understand all of what you said
but for me its the principle of the matter
i yearn for an internet that is open, honest and equally accountable
i loathe the anonymity that many hide behind
and that others are then forced to use to not be stalked or whatever
its not right, i think its a source of evil in our world
a small right now, but that grows daily
the internet is already too far from real life to be considered real
i am aware of this and do not take any of this too seriously
but that does not make it ok, we should not be encouraging cowardice of any kind :cool:

ps: im drunk & sleepy :lbf:

i read that, but when david t says 'report'
what does that mean exactly, see?
i report ed1 tag a long time ago to more than 1 mod
and some responded, 1 of which who got rid of it
and another who did not :confused:
its simple really, now that it has been decided that tags can be reported
it should be a simple process like reporting a post
thats all
otherwise, the trolls will continue to hide behind tags because they are hard to report :(
however, a better idea would be to get rid of them i think :straightface:

Robby, there's one down there saying you may be required to take the most senior position in british poloitics. Why would you want to report that? Even if it said you were a useless c***, it's the internet ffs, and telling tales makes you look small time.:thumb:

i dont understand all of what you said
but for me its the principle of the matter
i yearn for an internet that is open, honest and equally accountable
i loathe the anonymity that many hide behind
and that others are then forced to use to not be stalked or whatever
its not right, i think its a source of evil in our world
a small right now, but that grows daily
the internet is already too far from real life to be considered real
i am aware of this and do not take any of this too seriously
but that does not make it ok, we should not be encouraging cowardice of any kind :cool:

ps: im drunk & sleepy :lbf:

Get out there a post a few yourself, it's a laugh and it is over the net. if you don't like one, throw your id on the table and get the gloves on. If not just get on with it, but f*** telling tales off. That just makes you look what some people may think about you. Lets all be friends. Even an amnesty for banned members. Make the world a better place.:thumb:

on another forum i post on the tags are great for the most part. they're often hilarious and are completely free from restrictions. no-one complains about them. maybe the people on that forum just have thicker skins and realise that a few words written on a message board don't really have any significance.

someone just put "stalking again" in my facebook thread :(
how do i report it?
message all the mods?
that seems like a lot of trouble for everyone :confused:
cant we just click on it and report it like people do with a post?
or at least know who is still doing this crap?
i just want to know before i go bother anyone with pms about this :o

i never got an answer about this and the troll put the tag back :cool:

As an admin on another forum, we only allow the thread starter, and mods and admins to add tags to a thread. This way you always know who is tagging the threads and not everyone and their mom can tag a thread. Then if it is out of line it is easier for appropriate action to be taken.

Last edited:
Tags
don't piss in my wheaties go teeth!!!!!! i agree with "s&t...." i have to pee only joking ;) robby for pm s&t hooligan rules!! tos? troll pleeze! turd sandwich wah whine wah whine wah whaaambulance where bklyn at? whiner
Back
Top Bottom