***Suzanne and her amazing book***

S

somnium

So it's not available anymore, right??? This is not fair, cause I'd love to have one. But believe me...Portugal will never be a good market for your style. But since I am not that kind of person who keeps "bad memories and unfair words in my mind" (big lier), I say to you, right now, that I'd love to illustrate your next best seller. But please, don't go so far, cause I have not Lsd enough, and the drawings will be just a little "flower power".

ps.: Dear, don't hate me, cause I'm just joeking. NOW I want to know: DID YOU FORGIVE??????

it's ok...

> So it's not available anymore, right???

I certainly never kept a copy for myself.

Oh, if you're worried about the rest of it, I don't know where it is, either.

>This is not fair, cause
> I'd love to have one. But believe me...Portugal will never be a
> good market for your style.

Name me a place which is.

i had actually written a book not long ago, but i really don't know what to do with it. It's OK, and it's not really one of my overriding concerns because wasting my time kissing the asses of all those publishers who only care if I've been published before is not something I'm up for, but it was fun to write something that long and try and make it cohesive.

>But since I am not that kind of
> person who keeps "bad memories and unfair words in my
> mind" (big lier), I say to you, right now, that I'd love to
> illustrate your next best seller. But please, don't go so far,
> cause I have not Lsd enough, and the drawings will be just a
> little "flower power".

i think i want swirlies on the front with a guy playing sitar smoking a gigantic bong.

> ps.: Dear, don't hate me, cause I'm just joeking. NOW I want to
> know: DID YOU FORGIVE??????

um, i guess....just don't wig out anymore, m'kay? :^)

Re: it's ok...

> i had actually written a book not long ago, but i really don't
> know what to do with it. It's OK, and it's not really one of my
> overriding concerns because wasting my time kissing the asses of
> all those publishers who only care if I've been published before
> is not something I'm up for, but it was fun to write something
> that long and try and make it cohesive.

Did you really write a book? What kind of material is that? Did you show it to the american publishers? Well, I was waiting an answer from a canadian publisher wich would publish one of my comic strips. They say lovely things to you, and that you are so talented, and blah, blah,...but when you really need them, they say, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED YEAT. When will I be????? I also am working on a book. Actually is a poem (in portuguese), and there is a local publisher that will take a look on my originals, with illustrations, etc... Sometimes I am so tired of everything that I just want to forget it all, and go away.... But where????????? Every place you go, you will carry your dreams and hopes with you. I used to be very concerned before, but now I just say "thank God", for being an artist, even if I don't sell paintings for millions of dollars. I will often have my poems, drawings, pictures, etc... They can not get this from me. .

> i think i want swirlies on the front with a guy playing sitar
> smoking a gigantic bong.

Oh, now you made me imagine some wild images!!!!!!!...Maybe you don't believe, but I REALLY would illustrate your book, and you don't need to pay, cause when we do something for a good writer, the payment is the pleasure of seing our art on it.

> um, i guess....just don't wig out anymore, m'kay? :^)

I promise. I'm older than you, but I can't hit you hard, cause I simply am still learning a lot. ......But now I will say a very NONSENSE thing..... I have no idea of how you look like, but when I see that video EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY, I remember your name. Don't ask me why, but when I see Morrissey wearing a t-shirt with the picture of the girl on it...and when I see the girl in her home,.....well, it's just a nonsense thing at all.

Somnium... I feel the same way!

> Did you really write a book? What kind of material is that? Did
> you show it to the american publishers? Well, I was waiting an
> answer from a canadian publisher wich would publish one of my
> comic strips. They say lovely things to you, and that you are so
> talented, and blah, blah,...but when you really need them, they
> say, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED YEAT. When will I be????? I also am
> working on a book. Actually is a poem (in portuguese), and there
> is a local publisher that will take a look on my originals, with
> illustrations, etc... Sometimes I am so tired of everything that
> I just want to forget it all, and go away.... But where?????????
> Every place you go, you will carry your dreams and hopes with
> you.

This is so true...and an artist feels so close to his dreams!

I used to be very concerned before, but now I just say
> "thank God", for being an artist, even if I don't sell
> paintings for millions of dollars.

That is beautiful! The true measure of an artist is the expression of his work... not the money made from it.

I will often have my poems,
> drawings, pictures, etc... They can not get this from me.

And THAT is why you are authentic! You have the beauty inside you and you have found ways to express it. You have reached a level that most could NEVER achieve.

> Oh, now you made me imagine some wild images!!!!!!!...Maybe you
> don't believe, but I REALLY would illustrate your book, and you
> don't need to pay, cause when we do something for a good writer,
> the payment is the pleasure of seing our art on it.

Beautiful!

> I promise. I'm older than you, but I can't hit you hard, cause I
> simply am still learning a lot. ......But now I will say a very
> NONSENSE thing..... I have no idea of how you look like, but
> when I see that video EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY, I remember your
> name. Don't ask me why, but when I see Morrissey wearing a
> t-shirt with the picture of the girl on it...and when I see the
> girl in her home,.....well, it's just a nonsense thing at all.

Not such a nonsense thing... you can visualize and it has meaning to you!

Re: it's ok...

> Did you really write a book? What kind of material is that? Did
> you show it to the american publishers?

Well, I didn't actually show them much as they are all picky and want you to do this and that to meet their requirements of what material they will bother themselves with, and then the blasted letter where you try and sell the book. They probably got to the part "never been published" and never bothered with the rest....I did it for a couple of things, but got back the rejection letters so quick your head would spin.

But I did it because I was sort of "well, gee, what do I do now with it?"

>Well, I was waiting an
> answer from a canadian publisher wich would publish one of my
> comic strips. They say lovely things to you, and that you are so
> talented, and blah, blah,...but when you really need them, they
> say, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED YEAT. When will I be?????

They are probably saying that they want you to come in with a large list of published items and they will feel comfortable with you...even more so if you have a sales track record.

>I also am
> working on a book. Actually is a poem (in portuguese), and there
> is a local publisher that will take a look on my originals, with
> illustrations, etc... Sometimes I am so tired of everything that
> I just want to forget it all, and go away.... But where?????????
> Every place you go, you will carry your dreams and hopes with
> you. I used to be very concerned before, but now I just say
> "thank God", for being an artist, even if I don't sell
> paintings for millions of dollars. I will often have my poems,
> drawings, pictures, etc... They can not get this from me. .

I've never really been a type to lay down and die for my art, so it's understandable why I have more partially finished projects than not.

I haven't written any poems or songs in several months. I tell people this, and they take it the wrong way thinking that I've given up (I'm still trying to get my mom to quit introducing me as the one who sings), but it doesn't work exactly like that. You have to be inspired in the face of adversity. I'm flat bored and have nothing to say these days, so i really don't strain myself to do anything. I realized that all I cared about was having somebody acknowledge it...and at that, all I cared about were the professionals. Even the couple of times somebody would tell me they liked my songs after an open mic, I just didn't care. It didn't inspire me to run home and write more. It didn't inspire me to bring more into my show or find a band. It didn't make me feel loved, nor did it complete any missing pieces of my being. At first it was fun because I had never done it before, but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I can't imagine myself having to stand in front of a huge audience and having to do it, because even on the tiny scale, the entire time I was on stage, I was hoping everyone would find a crossword puzzle or something else to do.

So, instead of being your typical Austin artist who says they are an artist when they really don't do much, I fully acknowledge that i don't do anything and don't want the title associated with doing things. True, my friends are talking about some collaboration as a 3 piece and them singing a song or two of mine, but I'm doing it just to be doing it.

> Oh, now you made me imagine some wild images!!!!!!!...Maybe you
> don't believe, but I REALLY would illustrate your book, and you
> don't need to pay, cause when we do something for a good writer,
> the payment is the pleasure of seing our art on it.

That's nice, but if I ever sent it off to publishing places again, it will be a while.

> I promise. I'm older than you, but I can't hit you hard, cause I
> simply am still learning a lot. ......But now I will say a very
> NONSENSE thing..... I have no idea of how you look like, but
> when I see that video EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY, I remember your
> name. Don't ask me why, but when I see Morrissey wearing a
> t-shirt with the picture of the girl on it...and when I see the
> girl in her home,.....well, it's just a nonsense thing at all.

I've never even seen the video so I have no idea how close you are...but it is OK because when I read books, I often substitute in my mind some of the characters for people I know.

Re: Somnium... I feel the same way!

> This is so true...and an artist feels so close to his dreams!

Yes, I know. Actually, "Somnium" is an ancient latin word wich means "dreams".

> That is beautiful! The true measure of an artist is the
> expression of his work... not the money made from it.

Well, I keep my work safe, cause maybe that will be the only register of my days here in this world. ART is forever, and it is an universal language.

> And THAT is why you are authentic! You have the beauty inside
> you and you have found ways to express it. You have reached a
> level that most could NEVER achieve.

You say wonderful things to me, and I wonder if I deserve sooo much. Thank you for being YOU.
> .

> Beautiful!

> Not such a nonsense thing... you can visualize and it has
> meaning to you!

Well, when you don't have a real face near you, then you start to make some fantasies..... anyway, I love that video, and when I see that poodle(in the midle of the video), I rememmber "CHAI".

***EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY***

Back
Top Bottom