Stockton show review

What a great review! Yes, "Lucky Lisp" was such a delightful surprise and is one of my all-time faves. It was a good show despite all of the rowdiness of crazed drunken fans. The more and more the same people jumped on there, the more I got annoyed and knew that something was going to go awry. The set-list was amazing though. I was nervous for Morrissey hoping no one would hurt him. I don't blame him for stopping the encore songs. I'm surprised he did an encore due to the rowdy crowd.

Was anyone else annoyed by the condom balloon?

You mean condom balloons? Yes, very odd indeed. As to the stage climbers, they were thrown out after getting up there, so I don't know if more than a couple got a second chance to get up there.

oh shit i cant wait till june/july
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so mad at myself for deciding not to go to Stockton and instead going to f***ING Choachella.........I f***ing hate it, I didn't even get to see The Jesus And Mary Chain who played 7:40-8:35pm because of horrible traffic on the highway, it took my friends and I 5hrs to get to Indio from West Hollywood......f***ing ridiculous, we got there minutes after JAMC went off stage :mad: f***ing dirty hippies and retarded Emo heads all over the place, yuk!.......and this fat punk girl was like dying (from like an overdose or something) a few feet away from us when we were at Bjork :rolleyes:
At least I got to see 30mins of Sonic Youth :)

Anyway, I'm super jealous (and regretful) of you guys who went to Stockton, I can't believe he played "The Boy With A Thorn In His Side" one of my most favorites.

I swear, if I was Emo I'd be cutting myself right now........Oh well, I'll be seeing Moz 4 times in June.

Awsome reviews.....thanks for posting them!

Last edited:
^^sorry to hear about that, sounds horrible :(

anyway, stockton sounds legendary! TSOGS- thumbs up for that banner incident!! It's a shame that the invaders got a little out of hand, well atleast the last one who ripped Moz's shirt and everything. ugh. I hope he keeps Lucky Lisp, Suedehead, and Boy with the Thorn for most of the tour! Everytime i've listened to Lucky Lisp Ive dreamed of seeing it live!

See you all in JUNE! :D

Great reviews......cant wait to see him in Dallas, hopefully the set list will be the same.
Having grown up in Stockton, even though I live very far away now, its amazing for me to know he was there......I did have 3 sisters there and my best friend. So your reviews are right on with what they told me....

It was an amazing show. I had front row tix. Morrissey grab my hand and i ended up with a piece of his shirt that was not easy to get. It smells delicious. ill post some pictures i have from my phone.

It was an amazing show. I had front row tix. Morrissey grab my hand and i ended up with a piece of his shirt that was not easy to get. It smells delicious. ill post some pictures i have from my phone.

Do you (or anyone) have a picture of Morrissey with my sign tucked in his trousers?

I NEED a pic of that!!!

I'll dig through my wife's cell phone photos and vid captures and see if she caught one for you.

This was my absolute dream to go to. I've never seen The Smiths or Morrissey before and this was a birthday gift from the Mrs. to me. We're both in our mid-30's, so we were a year or two behind the main Smiths movement, but there's not been a musical or personal influence as strong as Morrissey and we had 7th row tickets. I'll never forget it.

I'll never understand stupid people. This guy who ended up getting the show stopped was on his *2nd* run at Morrissey. The bodyguards/bouncers were doing a really excellent job of protecting him and keeping things under control. The rented 'security staff' was a total joke. They were unable to keep people back from the stage at the beginning and were absolutely nowhere to be even seen when things got out of control. You could tell during this last rush that Morrissey recovered, took a look at the situation, debated for several seconds, and called it. I don't blame him a bit, but I wish I could take that bozo out back for a talk or two. It's ironic to me that the people who do stuff like bum rush him obviously have no understanding that part of his mystique is his desperate need to be loved and have attention opposed by his distancing from people and the inability to reach him as a real person.

Anyway, he's right on track with a great tour. The theatre didn't give him the acoustics to really show him off; he was, as has been said, tinny in parts (I noticed the veritable lack of bass which is so obvious in his voice), but there were several songs (The Boy With a Thorn in His Side, Please Please Please, Queen is Dead, etc.) where he just rocked it.

The run-off of verses at the beginning of the show is the same list of important issues in his career that you can hear and see at the beginning of the Manchester show from his birthday a year or two ago. You can rent this anywhere or buy it, 'Who Put the 'M' in Manchester'; I've got it on UMD for my PSP and love to travel with it. And the chant you hear at every concert that I've heard anyway, "Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey...Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey" was in the crowd too.

When I get to the phone in the next couple of days, I'll PM you if I see anythin relevant for your sign. Very cool!

How was the Sparks show? Going to Oakland as well?

John

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom