Southpaw Grammar re-master plus bonus tracks

He's referring to the new Batman film. My signiature is sort of advertising it.

And a cracking film it's set to be (also loving the signature pic btw) Mind you, I too thought for a moment you were witholding key info on a certain release date... was about to start peeling apples...

Re: Tracklisting for new version of Southpaw?

This would be an odd tracklisting, given that "Honey" and "You Should" are from the Maladjusted sessions, and "Fantastic Bird" was from the Your Arsenal sessions.

The only Unreleased Malajusted tracks are "No One Can Hold A Candle" 97 version, "Kit" with Moz vocals, and "It's Hard To Walk Tall" 97 version

The only Unreleased Malajusted tracks are "No One Can Hold A Candle" 97 version, "Kit" with Moz vocals, and "It's Hard To Walk Tall" 97 version

I Know Who I Love (Morrissey/Boorer) also has vocals and was originally to be on the album in place of Wide to Receive according to Jonny Bridgwood. The songs I'm Not Worth Hitting and Hanratty may also be complete with vocals, according to Morrissey: The Albums by Johnny Rogan.

Cheers,
Jamie

I Know Who I Love (Morrissey/Boorer) also has vocals and was originally to be on the album in place of Wide to Receive according to Jonny Bridgwood. The songs I'm Not Worth Hitting and Hanratty may also be complete with vocals, according to Morrissey: The Albums by Johnny Rogan.

Cheers,
Jamie

You are right, I forgot about "I Know Who I Love" which I think is such a beautiful song and should of been on Malajusted.
Hanratty is complete with vocals but needs a little clean up.
Fantastic Bird is a (Morrissey/Whyte) rough demo with vocals.
Take care

You are right, I forgot about "I Know Who I Love" which I think is such a beautiful song and should of been on Malajusted.
Hanratty is complete with vocals but needs a little clean up.
Fantastic Bird is a (Morrissey/Whyte) rough demo with vocals.
Take care

Of course, such revelations can only prompt more questions around here. Where and how did you hear these songs? How would you describe them (tempo, feel, lyrics, etc)? Any further details you can share w/out giving up the ghost?

Cheers,
Jamie

Of course, such revelations can only prompt more questions around here. Where and how did you hear these songs? How would you describe them (tempo, feel, lyrics, etc)? Any further details you can share w/out giving up the ghost?

Cheers,
Jamie
Well we can assume you have heard "I know Who I Love" and "Kit" and all I can say is BEAUTIFUL....
"Hanratty" up tempo in the vein of "Tomorrow"
"Fantastic Bird" Mid tempo (kinda weird)....

And what do you think about them?

Well we can assume you have heard "I know Who I Love" and "Kit" and all I can say is BEAUTIFUL....
"Hanratty" up tempo in the vein of "Tomorrow"
"Fantastic Bird" Mid tempo (kinda weird)....

And what do you think about them?

What do I think of them? I wish I could say! :) I haven't heard any of them - I only know the titles from various books & magazine articles, plus I'm familiar with the two Boz versions of Kit in circulation.

How were you able to hear them? I'm assuming that you do not have versions of them currently. Does I'm Not Worth Hitting exist in a complete fashion? And wasn't Fantastic Bird earlier (Vauxhall era)? I don't wish to sound unduly skeptical, but there have been others who have claimed to have heard some of these nuggets without real solid support as to how. The fact-checker in me longs to hear more than cryptic "a little bird told me's." :)

Cheers,
Jamie

What do I think of them? I wish I could say! :) I haven't heard any of them - I only know the titles from various books & magazine articles, plus I'm familiar with the two Boz versions of Kit in circulation.

How were you able to hear them? I'm assuming that you do not have versions of them currently. Does I'm Not Worth Hitting exist in a complete fashion? And wasn't Fantastic Bird earlier (Vauxhall era)? I don't wish to sound unduly skeptical, but there have been others who have claimed to have heard some of these nuggets without real solid support as to how. The fact-checker in me longs to hear more than cryptic "a little bird told me's." :)

Cheers,
Jamie

I can't give up a the ghost, I do have a tape with with those songs minus Fantastic Bird (which was before Vauxhall) but others...
The 97 version of some songs that were released in 04, plus some others...
Take Care

Everyone is going to hassle you into putting them on here now.

So allow me to be the first :)

Absolutely, I want to hear this "I know who I love" song, didn't even know is existed!

Pretty please? :)

Absolutely, I want to hear this "I know who I love" song, didn't even know is existed!

Pretty please? :)

Those songs are vaulted, I just wanted to let you guys know they exist..
Sorry for the tease

Those songs are vaulted, I just wanted to let you guys know they exist..
Sorry for the tease

Simon Goddard has heard "I Know Who I Love", an described it in an issue of Uncut thusly...

"An upbeat Maladjusted outtake boasting a jangular guitar melody similar to that album's "Alma Matters". Moz sings of highs , lows and even "these pills I'm prescribed". Optimistic and catchy, it still begs for an official release.

sample lyric:

"These words I've written down/ Convey the way that you play/You see it, you want it, you take it/And then it's yours"

Cheers,

Peter

Simon Goddard has heard "I Know Who I Love", an described it in an issue of Uncut thusly...

"An upbeat Maladjusted outtake boasting a jangular guitar melody similar to that album's "Alma Matters". Moz sings of highs , lows and even "these pills I'm prescribed". Optimistic and catchy, it still begs for an official release.

sample lyric:

"These words I've written down/ Convey the way that you play/You see it, you want it, you take it/And then it's yours"

Cheers,

Peter

The bit I've bolded. That "see it, want it, take it" reminds of "see it, sieze it etc" in Honey. But thats probably a minor sad thing I noticed hehe.

Southpaw Grammar '08 - whats up with it?

Any word on the release date? It was supposed to come out in July, I can't wait. Supposedly 3 new tracks will be included:

You Should Have Been Nice To Me, Honey You Know Where To Find Me, Laughing Anne

Has that been confirmed?

Cheers!

Re: Southpaw Grammar '08 - whats up with it?

Nothing official nor concrete has come out on the contents or release date of Southpaw '08.

Check below thread for more speculation within the Moz community -
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=88541

Im with you on your quest and my theory is that its been postponed till around September or so when the new album and singles are out, as a marketing ploy.

Ive also been held to eating apple pie if it does arrive at all.

You do have a tape of them, but they're vaulted? I'm confused. :)

Yes I have them, but not allowed to share...

Re: Southpaw Grammar '08 - whats up with it?

Nothing official nor concrete has come out on the contents or release date of Southpaw '08.

Check below thread for more speculation within the Moz community -
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=88541

Im with you on your quest and my theory is that its been postponed till around September or so when the new album and singles are out, as a marketing ploy.

Ive also been held to eating apple pie if it does arrive at all.

That does make sence. It's ashame it never came out when it was ment to:(.

Tags
southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom