Sound effects/noises...

Velvis

Not a beginner
Morrissey uses a motorbike sound at the start of 'I'm Throwing My Arm's Around Paris' which reminded me that he's used this trick before - in 'Speedway'

I was trying to think of other non-musical noises, the school bell in 'Billy Budd' immediately springs to mind. The animal noises used on 'Meat Is Murder' is another...

Good thread. I like this.

I like...

The funny stuff in the break of Black-Eyed Susan
The whips (??) in Sorrow Will Come In The End
The cameras at the start of Children In Pieces
The children's laughs in Suffer Little Children
The ethereal 'Steven....' in Will Never Marry

There's plenty more, but I can't bring them to mind right now.

Peter

Anyone know what that noise is on the intro of 'The Youngest Was The Most Loved'?

Sounds like a traffic jam?

The noise of a vase being put down in the Valhalla Road Crematorium at the start of 'A Swallow On My Neck'

All throughout Spring-Heeled Jim. The insistent chatter from "We are The Lambeth Boys".

The Harsh truth of the camera eye. The sound of old time flash bulbs.

Love that. There are a lot of clanks, bangs and clunks on that song.

I don't think Harsh Truth gets enough love and appreciation. :cool: :guitar: :sweet:

The noise of a vase being put down in the Valhalla Road Crematorium at the start of 'A Swallow On My Neck'

Is that what that is? I always wondered...by "put down" do you mean set down or filled up with water? To me, it sounds like water pouring into a glass.

All throughout Spring-Heeled Jim. The insistent chatter from "We are The Lambeth Boys".

You beat me on that by two seconds. ;)

What about "Ordinary Boys". I like the 'squeak' of fingers on the chords of the guitar. ;):)

OH! Finally! I have the opportunity to post this:

Does anyone else hear cricket chirps in This Night Has Opened My Eyes?

It's been driving me crazy since 1999. I've listened to it on every medium possible and I attest to hearing several cricket chirps.

Or maybe it's just me...:confused:

Is that what that is? I always wondered...by "put down" do you mean set down or filled up with water? To me, it sounds like water pouring into a glass.

There's a distinct inhale, like he's taking a hit from a cigarette, and a glass is set down, I always assumed it was alcohol of some type being poured because he's getting smashed again.

There's a distinct inhale, like he's taking a hit from a cigarette, and a glass is set down, I always assumed it was alcohol of some type being poured because he's getting smashed again.

That's what I thought as well. Makes sense to me.

the ambulance siren in the youngest was the most loved (great song by the way) :guitar:

It could be a bong. Fill with water, inhale, set down again. Hmmm.

Peter

I think so because he talks about getting bored in the song.

Back
Top Bottom