Smiths songs I haven't got.....

• Thread starter The Original J.T. Ripper
  • Start date
T

The Original J.T. Ripper

So I've got the usual 5 Smiths' albums that most Americans are aware of:

Smiths, Meat Is Murder, Queen Is Dead, Louder Than Bombs, Strangeways.

Given those 5 albums, what Smiths' songs are readily available that aren't on the above 5? Thus far I count the following:

1. Handsome Devil (off Hatful of Hollow)
2. Accept Yourself (off Hatful of Hollow)
3. Money Changes Everything (off World Won't Listen)

I assumed for a long time that if one had the 5 albums listed above including Bombs, then that was all one needed. Only recently did I really scour the tracklistings of Hatful and World, and found those 3 cuts.

So, questions:

1. Are those 3 songs sufficiently good that they are worth the price of admission for those 2 albums?
2. Are those the only 3 readily obtainable Smiths' songs that I'm missing?

Cheers,
J.T.

> So I've got the usual 5 Smiths' albums that most Americans are aware of:

> Smiths, Meat Is Murder, Queen Is Dead, Louder Than Bombs, Strangeways.

> Given those 5 albums, what Smiths' songs are readily available that aren't
> on the above 5? Thus far I count the following:

> 1. Handsome Devil (off Hatful of Hollow)
> 2. Accept Yourself (off Hatful of Hollow)
> 3. Money Changes Everything (off World Won't Listen)

> I assumed for a long time that if one had the 5 albums listed above
> including Bombs, then that was all one needed. Only recently did I really
> scour the tracklistings of Hatful and World, and found those 3 cuts.

> So, questions:

> 1. Are those 3 songs sufficiently good that they are worth the price of
> admission for those 2 albums?
> 2. Are those the only 3 readily obtainable Smiths' songs that I'm missing?

> Cheers,
> J.T.

1. I was never particularly enthralled by any of the above mentioned songs. I would advise first downloading them from Soulseek, where you should find them all readily available.

2. 'Wonderful Woman' and 'Jeane' from the Troy Tate Sessions. 'Work is a Four Letter Word' and 'I Keep Mine Hidden' from their last single(?)

The TTS tracks are essential. I can transfer them to you via Soulseek. User name: Codreanu

I would agree that 'Wonderful Woman' and 'Jeane', as well as 'I Keep Mine Hidden' and 'Handsome Devil' are brilliant songs that you MUST have. I don't really like the version of 'Accept Yourself' on Hatful, but the version on the 'This Charming Man' single is very good.

In addition to 'Money Changes Everything', World Won't Listen also features an alternate version of 'Stretch Out And Wait' (though I prefer the one on Louder Than Bombs, myself).

Re: Smiths songs I haven't got.....Hatfull is well worth getting its 2nd best BUY it now

Re: Smiths songs I haven't got.... sorry.Hatful is well worth getting its 2nd best BUY it now