Smiths LP-Please help me!

D

dagenham dave

i have the 1st smiths album 'the smiths' on vinyl. it is the original 1984 roughtrade 10 TRACK LP without 'this charminbg man' on it. the later version has 'this charming man' on it. does anyone know if this is rare or worth anything? im more than chuffed to own it if its worth nothing but please help!

I don't know really -- but it always annoys me having This Charming Man on the CD version, because it just doesn't fit and totally ruins the mood of the album. Likewise, How Soon Is Now on Meat Is Murder CD. Warners should restore them to their original track-listings I think...

I'm afraid, dear Dave, what you have is not rare in the slightest. TCM was NEVER on the UK vinyl - side 2 started with Still Ill, the album was just 10 tracks. TCM was originally an extra track on UK cassette and then all later CD issues adhered to the same. So don't go ringing up David Dickinson as, mint condition, it's worth only £10 - £15 tops. And it made No 2 in charts, so there are LOADS out there.

oh well. its still nice to have. as david dickenson would say - "what a bobby dazzler!" p.s i agree with dirk, especially with meat is murder.

> I don't know really -- but it always annoys me having This Charming Man on
> the CD version, because it just doesn't fit and totally ruins the mood of
> the album. Likewise, How Soon Is Now on Meat Is Murder CD. Warners should
> restore them to their original track-listings I think...

I partly agree. On Meat is Murder, How Soon Is Now completely ruins the album, it was on Hatful of Hollow so why doe sit need to be on MIM? However I think This Charming Man fits better, and deserves to be on The Smiths,.

> I'm afraid, dear Dave, what you have is not rare in the slightest. TCM was
> NEVER on the UK vinyl - side 2 started with Still Ill, the album was just
> 10 tracks. TCM was originally an extra track on UK cassette and then all
> later CD issues adhered to the same. So don't go ringing up David
> Dickinson as, mint condition, it's worth only £10 - £15 tops. And it made
> No 2 in charts, so there are LOADS out there.
£10 for a Smiths record? David Dickinson would say thats cheap as chips.

Back
Top Bottom