'Smiths' get signed -nme

http://www.nme.com/news/smiths/23418
'Smiths' get signed
They record something 'Peculiar'
Former members of The Smiths Mike Joyce and Andy Rouke, have signed a deal with Blackburn College's label On Song.

The duo, along, with singer Vinny Peculiar, are set to release their new album 'The Fall And Rise Of Vinny Peculiar' on the label.

The legendary rhythm section's band are the first artists to release a CD through On Song.

Vinny Peculiar and his band played a gig at the college on Wednesday night (21 June) to mark the occasion, reports the BBC 6 Music.

The media centre of Blackburn College doubles as a recording studio and the likes of Louie and Shack have recorded there.

The media centre's course co-ordinator said: "When you say college label, people tend to think it's a bit 'Mickey Mouse', but actually we have all the resources - more than most indie labels."

© IPC MEDIA 1996-2006, All rights reserved | Site User Terms | Privacy Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Buy Our Content

In The Magazine

Im pretty sure he didnt .. the promotional material shows Craig Gannon and Mike J not Andy... Oh and I work at Blackburn college and have sat in some of the sessions!! I am reliably informed Mike is a really nice guy never took the opportunity to meet him though i dont think he would take too kindly to my Morrissey tattoo!
Oh and the college principal when commenting on listening to Vinny P said "come back Morrissey all is forgiven" !!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom