Singing Your Life

MozIsGod

How many of you often sing along when you hear some Moz/Smiths songs? Do you try to sound like the man himself (and fail miserably?) or do you incorporate your own little style while singing along?

And if Moz had been in the same room with you while you were singing, would he applaud of your effort? ;)

I think Morrissey would HATE my singing. But I do it anyway.

I jokingly try to sing like him, and yeah, do fail miserably! But usually, I sing in my normal singing voice.

And I love that song...one of my favourites. Too bad he said he hates Kill Uncle!....Vauxall and I and Kill Uncle were my favorite ones...Kill Uncle even a little more! Shaaame!

haha. I presume if Moz heard me singing his tunes, he might throw me out a window. haha.

I always sing while I am driving. Constantly. It helps me curb the need to smoke while driving. But yes my voice is awful but I can't help singing along to Moz. It's the natural reaction that I can't ignore.

of course I sing along.

But alas, I do not have a lovely singing voice, a lovely singing voice.

Of course I sing along! I can't help it.....I do unconscientiously too sometimes, it's an automatic thing really...:D

haha, I do try to sing like him, and it's of course prob nowhere near they way he sounds, and he would prob throw all of us out the window! Or just laugh alittle....:D

I just sing in my own voice. But I do notice that I sing his songs with an English accent (I'm American, BTW) -- you kind of have to; it just doesn't sound right otherwise.

I just sing in my own voice. But I do notice that I sing his songs with an English accent (I'm American, BTW) -- you kind of have to; it just doesn't sound right otherwise.

That is veeerryyy true! And that's what I forgot to mention....I have no accent, but automatically imitate an english accent, your correct it wouldn't sound right otherwise, it just wouldn't!

to sing like Morrissey you have to jut your jaw out and sing everything all overly dramatic. i like to try to dance like him, like...on one foot, twisting on it a bit, pretending im holding flowers in my hand up above my head. ...whilst singing...with my jaw out...overly dramatic. wow, im a dork.

How many of you often sing along when you hear some Moz/Smiths songs? Do you try to sound like the man himself (and fail miserably?) or do you incorporate your own little style while singing along?

And if Moz had been in the same room with you while you were singing, would he applaud of your effort? ;)

he would wince in pain at my bad attempts to sound like him

to sing like Morrissey you have to jut your jaw out and sing everything all overly dramatic. i like to try to dance like him, like...on one foot, twisting on it a bit, pretending im holding flowers in my hand up above my head. ...whilst singing...with my jaw out...overly dramatic. wow, im a dork.

hehe, I bet we all do that...:D Or just us dorks...:p

a couple months ago they played This Charming Man in a club, and i totally tore it up. :cool:

haha, I do that when I'm house, every time I play it.

We had a party last Saturday, and Ask was played, I totally tore that up.....couldn't help myself! :D

This Charming Man was suppose to be played, never happened though...:(

the way he pronounces certain words, you HAVE to sing like him. you have to make a face and get your jaw a little crooked too

I hate to say this, but unless I've had a few and am actually on my feet dancing a jig, I usually tap a pencil to the drum-beat. So I guess I'm, um...paying tribute to Mike Joyce.

I'm so ashamed.

Most of them, but I realized I was singing along with an English accent to First of the Gang and that it sounded really wrong that way- I sing along in American now, for that one!

I think Morrissey would HATE my singing. But I do it anyway.

I jokingly try to sing like him, and yeah, do fail miserably! But usually, I sing in my normal singing voice.

And I love that song...one of my favourites. Too bad he said he hates Kill Uncle!....Vauxall and I and Kill Uncle were my favorite ones...Kill Uncle even a little more! Shaaame!

our attempt to sing some smiths songs while in the lake went reasonably well i thought. hahaha, i suppose if you prefere chainsaws to mozza's beautiful voice.

and i do believe i have an awfully embarassing video of pandy attempting a dance or two.

Last edited:
I think i's just impossible to love Morrissey and not to sing along everytime you listen to his music, which in my case is everyday on the street, and I walk and sing... I don't care if people think I'm talking to the air or whatever.

And I also tend to copy his pronunciation, especially the "T"s, like "The More You Ignore, the closer I gettt (it ends like an sss)" :D I get really English with him when I sing :D

About dancing... Yes westie... You're right... I guess we all do it :) hehehe... The way he moves his arms, hands and hip :D It's so unique!!!

I sing with him and without. I never ever stop singing Morrissey songs.I sing all day long.It drives my children insane.They whine and moan but i just tell them when I`m dead and gone they`ll want me back just so i can sing Morrissey songs.At the moment i cannot stop sing Now my Heart is Full.Its the raincoated lovers brothers bit......The other day i was singing around the supermarket and my daughter said "God mum,no one likes Morrissey he`s sooooooooo old.I just want to die of emabarrasment":oYou people with Morrissey loving offspring should rejoice in your good fortune.

our attempt to sing some smiths songs while in the lake went reasonably well i thought. hahaha, i suppose if you prefere chainsaws to mozza's beautiful voice.

and i do believe i have an awfully embarassing video of pandy attempting a dance or two.

i think people were terrified of us singing at the lake. "you have a lovely singing voice...a lovely singing voice!" lol

oh my...that video...that's the one where i danced around and made out with the TV as you played Who put the M in Manchester?? It is...isn't it? I have to be excused...it was my first drink in months....and I haven't had any since (well, at least not as much as I did). Note to self: do not get drunk and try to pretend to dance like Morrissey...it takes sobriety and balance to execute it successfully.

P.S. if you ever upload that, I'll kill you!

Back
Top Bottom