Signed Vinyl at the Birthday Gig

It should be one signed album per person in the queue. End of. If you can't drag your arse away from the concert, then that is tough. The guy on here who brought 5 just about sums up the selfish I'm alright Jack mentality which so many people have in this country.

We knew we wouldnt get one the first night so decided we would miss the last couple of tracks in order to get one last night. we ran and joined the back of the queue which had about 10 people in it only to be told by the concessions guy that there was no point as they were all spoken for.:mad: So obviously more multiple purchases.

Luckily my friend and I were able to run back upstairs to catch the last track AND then the encore.

Definitely needs more rules.

I started my withdrawal from the drug which is morrissey last night when he started playing the loop to get a signed vinyl. I was second to last to get one and i asked for just one. I abhor all these people who buy 5 and 6 at a time to sell on fleabay. If its for all your mates then they should sacrifice the encore for their own vinyls instead of letting others miss out on both!

and i bet theres a few on this forum who bought a few, and they are very selfish people and are almost as bad as those losers people refer to as the touts!

I am really happy i got one but i was lucky to get what i went for and feel sorry for those who missed out.

I hope he plays the loop in Leeds because it was a massive sacrifice for me to most of that song. It sounded fantastic live.

I have just got back from Fri/Sat in Manchester - so this is my first chance with an internet connection.

I was in the queue to get the signed vinyl on the Friday night - and bought two. One for my girlfriend, who did leave the gig with me to get one, but when it started getting a little restless she moved away to the pepsi and malteaser stall by the door.

I agree - i have seen the guy who bought 5 before - he bought 4 at the Glasgow gig I was at - I also agree that the merch desk should have been a more understanding to the people in the queue. The lead apollo guy with the hat didn't help matters shouting out, "there' 20, sorry 18 (after consulting the other guy on the desk) and depending how many the first people in the queue want to buy..." Finishing off with, "there's no limit to the amount you can buy" - certainly didn't help matters.

I agree with the poster above - someone bought an extra one than they asked for - there should have been two left after me - but there was only one. I had always signalled to them I would like two - but believe me would have been more than delighted with one...

So, I now have one from Glasgow which is extra - do i sell it and how? I could offer it on here but then it's first come, first served, or i could offer it on ebay and see what it attracts - this way I know it's going to go to a very good home rather than those with a fast internet connection.

I could spend the money supporting Moz more, the Fri, Sat, Sun in Manchester was fantastic and something I am keen to repeat - but the money's gone - the signed LP would help pay for another couple of dates maybe?

I may even sell the birthday one - if we ever move in together - it won't be needed afterall. Do i give someone else the chance to enjoy it or will this upset people on here?

Tricky huh - either way, i agree, stocking up for your mates isn't good.

Who knew Morrissey's 50th would bring such ethical dilemmas.

You could always offer your spare copy to dave2006 who started this thread?

I agree! 1 of your copies, face value for Dave2006!!!! That'd be fair!

Thanks for the nominations - I sent Darcon a PM about an hour ago... Please...

it's the glasgow one that may be being sold - not the manchester one.

I don't mind that it's not from Manc - by the sound of it (from vivabob on another thread) there were all signed as a batch somewhere else - but I did try to get one on both nights...

Dave

Im slightly more hacked off now after reading Darcon , if it was the same guy who bought 5 and had bought 4 at Glasgow then he has went down even further in my eyes :mad: I never bothered at Glasgow as was celebrating my 50th birthday at the gig , I tried at the 50th gig and lost out as the guy 2 up from me decided to buy 2 instead of one( blah blah )
I will not give into the consumer monster again , against my better judgement and just go to the gigs :guitar:
If it was you Still Ill buying the total of 9 albums :eek: , hang you head with shame ,

Yeah, it was him, blue fred perry, glasses, hearing aid. Funnily enough where I was standing on the Saturday night I could see him in front of the mixing desk. I'm 99% certain be didn't leave during the entire gig - so if someone else multi-bought it wasn't him - though it could have been one of his gang returning the favour.

Anyhow - must go and do some work - will check the forum later - how do i check my emails on here? I didn't know you could contact people directly - nothing has come through my private email.

Cheers,

Yeah, it was him, blue fred perry, glasses, hearing aid. Funnily enough where I was standing on the Saturday night I could see him in front of the mixing desk. I'm 99% certain be didn't leave during the entire gig - so if someone else multi-bought it wasn't him - though it could have been one of his gang returning the favour.

Anyhow - must go and do some work - will check the forum later - how do i check my emails on here? I didn't know you could contact people directly - nothing has come through my private email.

Cheers,

At the top,on the right. It will say Welcome, darcon and then a link to private messages.

Cheers,

At the top right hand of the page there's a box that says
"Welcome, Darcon.
You last visited at xxxxx
Private Messages: Unread xxxx"

It should say that you have at least one - it's from me :)

Dave

Cheers,

the guy your describing bought one copy on the first night in manachester , he got copy number one he didnt buy any more than that .. im pretty sure of that (my wife told me )

dave let me know how you got on

Hi again, there were a LOT of emails waiting for me in the inbox asking about the signed vinyl - with so many good stories and true fans out there it has been impossible to allocate to the most deserving.

So, I won't be parting with the signed vinyl.

Apologies for any raised hopes but it was madness in that inbox. I have been a fan for along time now, I slept out on the streets of London and Manchester when Vauxhall was released and went off to Dublin and Belfast for the Southpaw signings. I spent many an hour at the stage door during the Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal, Boxers et al tours. Often to see the back of his head breeze in - so I understand the frustration and the pleasure that goes with being a fan.

All the best

darcon

the guy your describing bought one copy on the first night in manachester , he got copy number one he didnt buy any more than that .. im pretty sure of that (my wife told me )

dave let me know how you got on

This user I know for a fact bought 10 of the vinyls on each of the Scottish dates and had a deal going with Stillill for the Manchester dates.

I saw him in the carpark later on trying to sell them for £100 each.

bvb

That guys name is Stephen and he only bought one copy, he is one sound dude by the way, I went to the merch stand before the end of the gig and he was first in the queue with a girl, I didnt know about the vinyl and had only went to buy a t-shirt because I had sweaty pits and footprints on my boobs (long story lol :lbf:)

This user I know for a fact bought 10 of the vinyls on each of the Scottish dates and had a deal going with Stillill for the Manchester dates.

I saw him in the carpark later on trying to sell them for £100 each.

bvb

I did not offer to sell vinyl in the car park for £100 :mad:

Nor did I buy 9 vinyls!! :mad:

Im surprised that no-one has complained about the guy who has bought over 30 signed vinyls since the UK Tour started!!! :eek: I'm sure he was of the two people who bought 5 on the 23rd! He missed out on buying the vinyl on the 22nd!!

Back
Top Bottom