should have played Hammerstein. . not Radio City

D

DDave

what's Morrissey thinking playing a bigger venue when tour season is poor. bands with more publicity like Pixies and Franz Ferdinand are playing in smaller venues like Hamerstein ballroom in NYC. Capacity of Hammerstein Ballroom is 3000 and i hear Radio City is 5000. And now i hear tickets sales are going slow. Well no shit. the times, and not to mention the high prices will keep that venue from filling up. wasn't the Apollo theater like 2000 capacity?

not to mention it would be nice if Morrissey played a gig in NYC where there's a floor/GA.

Alternatively he could just forget about you clatter of whingers and play any size venues ...

> what's Morrissey thinking playing a bigger venue when tour season is poor.
> bands with more publicity like Pixies and Franz Ferdinand are playing in
> smaller venues like Hamerstein ballroom in NYC. Capacity of Hammerstein
> Ballroom is 3000 and i hear Radio City is 5000. And now i hear tickets
> sales are going slow. Well no shit. the times, and not to mention the high
> prices will keep that venue from filling up. wasn't the Apollo theater
> like 2000 capacity?

Alternatively he could just forget about you clatter of whingers and play any size venues he likes in the UK and Europe.
Dublin, London and Paris vs. San Diego ..... hmmm, must have been a difficult decision.

Re: Alternatively he could just forget about you clatter of whingers and play any size venues ...

> Alternatively he could just forget about you clatter of whingers and play
> any size venues he likes in the UK and Europe.
> Dublin, London and Paris vs. San Diego ..... hmmm, must have been a
> difficult decision.

USA is a big country. you have a concert in UK and a third of the morrissey fans in the UK can make it there. likewise france, etc. so with that taken in consideration, lets not make it seem like he doesn't have fans in the US. Big country means people spread out more.

Thus perhaps morrissey should take that in account before you book a 5000 capacity theater instead of the smaller venues the other bands play in. But whatever.. . some of us may just be panicking and the tickets will sell in the end.

back to the seating capacity issue. I'd have to agree. It's been big talk about the concert season being horrible in the US this year. A lot of the bands on tour that have far more publicity than Morrissey are going for small venues. many of them would jump for a chance for bigger places. . .it means more money. but they don't

For example. Green day is playing Irving plaza. they currently have tons of publicity and they are playing Irving Plaza. A lot of current well off bands are playing at venues under 3000 capacity this fall. I checked online seating capacities:

Hammerstein Ballroom - 2000
Irving Plaza -- 1000
Radio City Music Hall -- 6000

why Radio City? on the other hand, Beastie Boys aren't affraid to play at Madison Square Garden. i wonder how much ticket prices are though. I mean it is the Beastie Boys playing to their home crowd. oh well. whatever. I'm not talking about it anymore. Everything will be ok i'm sure. some of us are thinking about it too much. I mean, concert promoters know what they are doing. Just look at Lollapalooza. I have complete faith. that poll question was horrible for getting people worried. on the other hand. it motivates me to tell everyone i know about the show.

I posted this over on the 'poll' thought I'd put it up here too

Morrissey will make more money playing to a half-house in a larger venue with these ticket prices (several lucky cities with cheaper tickets excluded) than he would playing a sold out show in a smaller club-level venue, as has been the norm for the past couple tours (So Cal being the exception where he has filled larger venues.)

Listen people, I have seen Morrissey play several shows to a half (or less) capacity crowd. In 2000 he drew MAYBE 600 people to the Portland, ME show (in a 2000+ capacity venue.) In 1997 he played to very small crowds in Providence, RI, Hartford, CT and Lowell, MA. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

Back
Top Bottom