Santa Ana Observatory tickets: Sold out within seconds

It's a shame that things like this happens. My teenage daughter was ecstatic that her idol was gonna play in her hometown in a place where her other friends in bands also played, she thought that was the greatest thing ever. I promised her I would take and was logged on ready to go refreshing the page every 5 seconds. Was able to get to the page where I could add tickets but by the time I checked out I was told it was sold out. I became a huge fan of him because his music was unlike anyone else but it seems he is getting like other other pop star out there, concerned more about money than anything else. I doubt I can afford to pay some troll $400 for a pair of tix so I'm probably not going. He and the trolls might get paid in the end but a couple of lifelong fans who wanted more than anything to see him at this venue come away with a little less love and respect for him.

Get mad at the ticket agencies and scalpers, not Morrissey.

It's a shame that things like this happens. My teenage daughter was ecstatic that her idol was gonna play in her hometown in a place where her other friends in bands also played, she thought that was the greatest thing ever. I promised her I would take and was logged on ready to go refreshing the page every 5 seconds. Was able to get to the page where I could add tickets but by the time I checked out I was told it was sold out. I became a huge fan of him because his music was unlike anyone else but it seems he is getting like other other pop star out there, concerned more about money than anything else. I doubt I can afford to pay some troll $400 for a pair of tix so I'm probably not going. He and the trolls might get paid in the end but a couple of lifelong fans who wanted more than anything to see him at this venue come away with a little less love and respect for him.

Don't blame Moz for the show selling out. His biggest fan base is located here in Southern California. All of his shows in the L.A. sell out. Since your daughter's friends have played at The Observatory, you certainly must have known how small the venue is. If Moz sold out the Sports Arena, and a few years ago the Staples Center, why did you think The Observatory show would NOT sell out quickly?

I, too, was logged on and refreshing the event page since 9:55 am that day. I got the "sold out" message every time I tried, which was for 30 minutes. Finally I was able to get two tickets, but after entering my credit card information, the website's server crashed. I called Ticketweb and they confirmed their server was down because of so many people requesting tickets. I did not give up. I kept refreshing the event page and sure enough, a little after 11 am, I purchased a pair of tickets.

Moral of the story: Don't blame Moz and never give up trying.

Also, most Moz fans are not dumb enough to pay $200+ for a ticket. As the date of the show gets closer, some of these scalpers will lower their prices because they're desperate to sell the tickets. I've purchased tickets on ebay and Stubhub up to the day of the show for face value or below. Check ebay and Stubhub every single day. You might get lucky.

I hope you and your daughter make it to the show.

Umm..
So let me get this right..

You and your daughter have a little love and lost respect for Morrissey, because his show sold out within seconds?!
-Is that what you're saying?

*confused*

Can you please tell me how it is Morrisseys fault if the show sold out?? And how does that make him money hungry??

He is NOT the one who is scalping tickets at enormous markups.... You.. You do realise this, right?!?

I do not understand why you would blame HIM for this. This is not Morrisseys fault..

This happens a lot with Mozzers gigs. All over the world.

Your logic is severely flawed here... Blaming him for this is stupid and wrong.

Morrissey is obsessed with chart placements and sold out venues with 500 seats.

I'd be surprised if the Barclay center is half full.

I think his website should be re-named True to Me because folks that all it's about at this point.

I do not know how anyone (at least not people in my economic bracket) can even afford to see Morrissey in concert in this day and age. Dropping $100+ on tickets from some scummy broker is unreal to me, especially when they all seem to have 2-ticket minimums in situations where I only ever plan on going alone.

It's incredibly disheartening for me. I've had so many dreams about seeing Morrissey in concert, but it's never going to become a reality at this rate. I know it sounds disgustingly melodramatic, but I've been on the verge of tears just thinking about this at times. Just the mere process of trying to buy tickets as soon as they're available is so unpleasant and frustrating, I can't bother to f*** with it.

f***ing sucks.

I do not know how anyone (at least not people in my economic bracket) can even afford to see Morrissey in concert in this day and age. Dropping $100+ on tickets from some scummy broker is unreal to me, especially when they all seem to have 2-ticket minimums in situations where I only ever plan on going alone.

It's incredibly disheartening for me. I've had so many dreams about seeing Morrissey in concert, but it's never going to become a reality at this rate. I know it sounds disgustingly melodramatic, but I've been on the verge of tears just thinking about this at times. Just the mere process of trying to buy tickets as soon as they're available is so unpleasant and frustrating, I can't bother to f*** with it.

f***ing sucks.

I'm on the verge of tears every time I hear Jesse Tobias destroy a Smith's classic.

f***ing sucks.

Home skillet...you need to spend less money on heroin and more money on concert tickets...how many times do I have to tell you? :D

The truth always hurts, anyway being a singer is a job, he works for money and he shows us a good consumer's product aka the smiths songs

f***ing sucks.

I feel your pain ! I feel your shame ! Your not to blame !
Think of it as a blessing in disguise, you've got off lightly.
It's probably best we all remember him for the good old days instead of the sorry embarrassing state things have turned out.
You could always go and buy Jake Bugg's album for starters

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Why is He SO Big in L.A and not so big In N.Y.C ?

Because that's his favourite place to live, avenue upon avenue upon avenue upon avenue upon avenue upon avenue.
Avenues to define you, avenues that don't restrict you, Avenues with celebrity wealthy healthy neighbours like the Peckhams, Simon Cowshed and Russell Braindamage etc
Avenues where you can live like royalty with no motorway, freeway or highway to disturb when one is sleeping.

Give it time though and he'll be slagging the place off !

You can take the boy out of Salford and you CAN take Salford out of the boy in HIS case. The bloke wouldn't even know his way around Manchester these days just like the Gallagher boys who get chauffeured to Eastlands now and then to watch "Citeh"

"Power to the people" (You couldn't make it up)

f***ing sucks.

Boo f***ing hoo...

I was jobless and in high school during Moz's first solo tour. I saved for months (it was not cheap). His 2nd time around (UCLA paulie pavilion), I sold my Fugazi and Pixies tickets just for the $. Point being, if you want to see him that bad than make some sacrifices! 100 bucks isn't that much... Stop sobbing and save a bit.

Because that's his favourite place to live, avenue upon avenue upon avenue upon avenue upon avenue upon avenue.
Avenues to define you, avenues that don't restrict you, Avenues with celebrity wealthy healthy neighbours like the Peckhams, Simon Cowshed and Russell Braindamage etc
Avenues where you can live like royalty with no motorway, freeway or highway to disturb when one is sleeping.

Give it time though and he'll be slagging the place off !

You can take the boy out of Salford and you CAN take Salford out of the boy in HIS case. The bloke wouldn't even know his way around Manchester these days just like the Gallagher boys who get chauffeured to Eastlands now and then to watch "Citeh"

"Power to the people" (You couldn't make it up)

my question is how can he sell out "Los Angeles Sports Arena"
and have NO chance at selling out " NY - Barclays Center" =No chance
it can't just be the mexicans, although they have no clue about him here in east coast
compared to L.A -really thought that was a myth ,mustb some truth to it

I entered the AmieBa records drawing for sports arena. Let's hope name dropping gets me a WIN! :D (It's mostly just for a laugh.)

Are you sure the demand is there ? Demand for what ? Listening to his golden oldies again and again to a slightly different BozBastardisation ? To part with money and make expensive travel plans as well as time off work and then have the stress and worry of will he get out of the wrong side of the bed on the big day and decide he can't be arsed and pull a sicky ? The demand that you and the venue will not sell or consume any meat products and be forced to watch dodgy slaughter house videos filmed in third world countries ? Demand to be lectured to on his crazy ramblings about the British Royal family, Falkland Islands, Government and National treasures and icons like "the Peckham's" ? It goes on and on and on like streets after streets after streets of a hard northern up bringing in Manchester jam buttie land ? Surely it can't be the demand for a new album full of those classics that we have already heard "my songs all sound the same" "Scandal-navia" "meat is still murder" "farthounds" ?

The only demand I can see is for very high health insurance costs and the demand for ticket refunds.
But what do I know ? I'm just a very British butcher.

Benny your a star in nobody's eyes but mine

I'll be there if he comes to the UK, selling Benny Butcher t-shirts (the must have British made t-shirt to be seen in at any Tosserrey gig) don't worry about that, he knows I'd love to see him.

T-shirts so far

Who put the T in Manchester? back Tosserrey

Is it vealy so strange back Who is Benny ?

Scratch my name on your arm with a kebab skewer back Benny-the-British-Butcher

L A Penthouse here I come back Sold out Manc Tosser

Hale Barnes school of posh frocks (Hoody)

Oh Fakechester nothing to answer for !

Meat is good fer thi !

Hey Benny,

How many gigs will old Tosserrey cancel on this leg of the tour and what lame excuses will he make for the cancellations.

Some past excuses-

1. Any number of medical problems( Barrett's esophagus , food poisoning , low sperm count etc..... etc...)
2. The venue was not meat free
3. Mother is ill
4. My dog ate the lyrics and I forgot the words to the songs
5. The tour bus couldn't find the venue
6. The members of Duck Dynasty are in the same state.
7. My boyfriend - I mean hairstylist gave me a goofy haircut.
8. The Champagne was not cold enough.

And of course we will then hear from the Tosserrey Army proclaiming they will never see another gig or buy another CD.

If I was you I would hold off on mass production of those collector's edition t-shirts

The Mad Manchester Brewer

Hey Benny,

How many gigs will old Tosserrey cancel on this leg of the tour and what lame excuses will he make for the cancellations.

Some past excuses-

1. Any number of medical problems( Barrett's esophagus , food poisoning , low sperm count etc..... etc...)
2. The venue was not meat free
3. Mother is ill
4. My dog ate the lyrics and I forgot the words to the songs
5. The tour bus couldn't find the venue
6. The members of Duck Dynasty are in the same state.
7. My boyfriend - I mean hairstylist gave me a goofy haircut.
8. The Champagne was not cold enough.

And of course we will then hear from the Tosserrey Army proclaiming they will never see another gig or buy another CD.

If I was you I would hold off on mass production of those collector's edition t-shirts

The Mad Manchester Brewer

Nice on M M B, I like your thinking so here's some possible future excuses

1. Members of the BA are spotted front row with their pockets full of meat projectiles (Butchers Army)

2. Julia's pet stick insect is rushed to the vets to have a kidney tansplant after a matching donor has been found dead in a nasty accident

3." Milky " Millwood (Tosserreys sound tech) cuts his ear off back at the hotel shaving

4. Tina has a phantom pregnancy and one November spawns humasexual conjoined triplet Tosserrey little monsters

5. Tosserrey has to return to the streets of London with his pal Braindamage to oversee the revolution they have been plotting from their L A Penthouses

6. Benny-the-Butcher t-shirts are selling out big time and are spotted in the venue

7. Jesses bastardising mo-fooking guitar pedals go missing between venues.

8. Gayner Tension ( The Fat Knacker ) goes into labour during the soundcheck and gives birth to 103 meat and potato pies and sixteen trifles

9. The new songs are shitter than the last shit songs and crowd wake up yawn leave and head straight to Maccy D's and K F C in protest

10. The missing Malaysian plane is found on the roof of the venue making it unsafe

How many you ask ? HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING ?????????????????????????

God save the Queen

100 bucks isn't that much... Stop sobbing and save a bit.

It is. And if Moz cared about his fans, he would keep the prices down like Louis CK did. Every seat = same price, scalped tickets = deactivated.

Nice on M M B, I like your thinking so here's some possible future excuses

1. Members of the BA are spotted front row with their pockets full of meat projectiles (Butchers Army)

2. Julia's pet stick insect is rushed to the vets to have a kidney tansplant after a matching donor has been found dead in a nasty accident

3." Milky " Millwood (Tosserreys sound tech) cuts his ear off back at the hotel shaving

4. Tina has a phantom pregnancy and one November spawns humasexual conjoined triplet Tosserrey little monsters

5. Tosserrey has to return to the streets of London with his pal Braindamage to oversee the revolution they have been plotting from their L A Penthouses

6. Benny-the-Butcher t-shirts are selling out big time and are spotted in the venue

7. Jesses bastardising mo-fooking guitar pedals go missing between venues.

8. Gayner Tension ( The Fat Knacker ) goes into labour during the soundcheck and gives birth to 103 meat and potato pies and sixteen trifles

9. The new songs are shitter than the last shit songs and crowd wake up yawn leave and head straight to Maccy D's and K F C in protest

10. The missing Malaysian plane is found on the roof of the venue making it unsafe

How many you ask ? HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING ?????????????????????????

God save the Queen

Gives birth to 103 meat and potato pies and sixteen trifles

Sounds like a Moz line/quote great humour

The tickets don't mention KY...maybe there is a God? (There is a God if she plays or doesn't.) Naw I'm sure she's playing I'm just glad she's not on it for my scrapbook. I have these babies hidden in my bedroom, Morrissey HIMSELF could knock on my door asking for a ticket and I'd tell him to shove it. :D

10246351_10203107602078563_1099746609023118094_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom