San Francisco, CA - The Masonic (Dec. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jack The Ripper / Oboe Concerto / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream.

• Review and photos (100 total) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Morrissey-Concert-Review-Photos-2015-Tour-Masonic-San-Francisco-093.jpg
  • Photos by Christopher Victorio (17 total) - SF Weekly. Link from @SFWeekly / Twitter.

sanfrancisco2.jpg
  • Photos from @last_intl_playboy / Instagram (7 total). Link from an anonymous person.

sanfrancisco.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
he does not sell more tix than 20 years ago. he does one or two california shows so fans have to fly in from all over.
a 40 date tour of the us would bomb. he cant do it. same goes for the uk.

not surprising. word is that san fran was practically papered with free tix so to make it look 3/4 full (aka almost 99 percent full).

BS...where do you come up with this crap. That's just not true. Tix's were paid for and the gig was not 3/4 full but at capacity.

give it a break. venue held about 3000 thousand yet the entire upper tier was devoid of any and all personnel but for the tix distributors,they were using the tix they couldnt give away to make tiny paper airplanes and tossing at the people on the floor.

he does not sell more tix than 20 years ago. he does one or two california shows so fans have to fly in from all over.
a 40 date tour of the us would bomb. he cant do it. same goes for the uk.

Yep he does. And he did about 30 shows in the U.S. in both 2015 and 2014.

No singers do 40 date tours of the U.K. But to be playing the arenas in 2015 (which are much bigger venues than the theatres he played 20 years ago) is not too shabby. Very few of the other singers who started back in the early 1980s are capable of the same.

give it a break. venue held about 3000 thousand yet the entire upper tier was devoid of any and all personnel but for the tix distributors,they were using the tix they couldnt give away to make tiny paper airplanes and tossing at the people on the floor.

Oh dear, I understand why you are an anon now. So your mates can't point out to you that you are a f***ing liar.

Who: Morrissey
Venue: The Masonic
Where: San Francisco, California
Promoter: Live Nation
When: December 29, 2015
Seating: General Admission (also photo pass first three songs)

This was “An Evening With…” style show, with no opening/supporting band.

The show was held at The Masonic in San Franciso (also known as the Nob Hill Masonic Center), which was redesigned in recent years in conjunction with Live Nation with an update allowing for general admission on the ground floor and pre-assigned balcony seating above, set to hold around 3,300. The show was completely sold out and packed all around.

just because you make something up about it being 'sold out all around'-no legitimate news outlet uses such language, 'sold out all around' ffs''-doesnt make it so. just wishful thinking.
others have pointed out that it was 'close to 99 percent full' which is standard mozbot euphemism for it being 3/4 sold at most
you seem to be obsessed with having every show being thought of as being sold out, when none are.

It isn't that complicated, he likes to sing and his fans adore him. As long as he is selling tickets, he should play if he wants to. I was shocked as to how vicious it is in the first couple of rows. He is really really adored and honestly, he has so many songs that he doesn't play, would be nice to here them again. So, i usual don't say this but f off already. The man has confidence issues already without all the jabs from this site. Have a heart. Enjoy your self tonight Morrissey, i know i will.

tl;dr :)

just because you make something up about it being 'sold out all around'-no legitimate news outlet uses such language, 'sold out all around' ffs''-doesnt make it so. just wishful thinking.
others have pointed out that it was 'close to 99 percent full' which is standard mozbot euphemism for it being 3/4 sold at most
you seem to be obsessed with having every show being thought of as being sold out, when none are.

Incorrect tossbag, have been to a few of his gigs over the last 5/6 years years that weren't sold out. You however, have probably never seen Morrissey and come on here after every gig spouting your lies. I know you are a liar, the rest of the forum members know you are a liar, your mum knows you are a liar and so do your grandparents.

In fact you are so much of a liar you are too scared to sign up to the forum.

So f*** off you lying wanker.

BTW - here is a review from someone who attended - note the comments regarding the show being sold out

http://rocksubculture.com/2016/01/0...co-california-12292015-concert-review-photos/

Last edited:

Douche! Were you even there? Who cares what you think anyway!

30 dates in one year is not a tour. sorry.
the only reason his shows appear well attended-not sold out, they are never sold out-is because he constantly plays smaller venues, demand decreasing. there is no big demand for moz neil diamond styled shows. nobody in the uk or canada or mexico established a hunger strike over moz cancelling all shows in those countries forever. no demand for his records or books.

only in your ridiculous mozbot minds is he selling huge stadiums etc. get with the game plan ffs.

The people on this site who have nothing better to do than make things up about him need to get an existence of some sort. He is a completely normal person that suffers from bouts of depression and has moods like the rest of us
He has a very good career, not all artists are known around the world. He is a very deep person who has deep thoughts and maybe thinks too much. I am pretty sure he enjoyed himself after NyE because he enjoyed himself after. So f*** off .

30 dates in one year is not a tour. sorry.
the only reason his shows appear well attended-not sold out, they are never sold out-is because he constantly plays smaller venues, demand decreasing. there is no big demand for moz neil diamond styled shows. nobody in the uk or canada or mexico established a hunger strike over moz cancelling all shows in those countries forever. no demand for his records or books.

only in your ridiculous mozbot minds is he selling huge stadiums etc. get with the game plan ffs.

Nice try trollboy. :lbf:

He's played "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" and "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" as written by Johnny Marr - which, if you actually knew anything about guitar music, you'd know that these songs are more difficult than the "This Charming Man" riffs. Obviously you can dislike the version they play, but he's played more complicated riffs than TCM.

You've got to be kidding.

Jesse's playing of Smiths stuff is abhorrent. He can't play any of it.

He lives in the world of power chords. He is completely incapable of delicacy and finesse.

Sorry pal, it's a fact.[/QUOTE]

And on that note... Did you hear Johnny sing Morrissey's vocals? He sounds like a wedding singer.

The people on this site who have nothing better to do than make things up about him need to get an existence of some sort. He is a completely normal person that suffers from bouts of depression and has moods like the rest of us
He has a very good career, not all artists are known around the world. He is a very deep person who has deep thoughts and maybe thinks too much. I am pretty sure he enjoyed himself after NyE because he enjoyed himself after. So f*** off .

Morrissey is a brilliant and accomplished artist with the complexity that tends to accompany the territory. This can confuse and frustrate some, but in the end, he is amazing. I love him dearly and always will. He knows that. And people, he is extremely hot with beautiful, piercing blue eyes. You are just jealous because he is the full package. BIG HUG AND KISS, M - MOI ;)

Why did I wait 32 years to see Morrissey? I have loved him/the Smiths since I was 18 years old and fell in love all over again about 7 years ago when I was going through a lot of personal problems and all of their lyrics helped me identify my self so well! Well, it was a great concert, I think the best I have ever heard. How many bands can you say they are even better live than their studio recordings? I think thats saying something. Love the stage performance! Rock on!

o yes, moz is completely normal. *rolls eyes*
hes just one of the lads, out for a pint, is he?

what bollocks, moz is insane. he blames coffee stains on margaret thatcher.

Hello,

I wrote the review linked to in these comments at Rock Subculture (my site).

Regarding the debate about the show being sold out... it was literally and technically sold out.

I didn't get my approval for my photo pass to shoot the concert until the morning of the show - I went to Ticketmaster to buy a ticket and it was sold out. I ended up buying a ticket on StubHub. There were a number of tickets (dozens) on StubHub, all above face value about four hours before doors. After I finished photographing the show (first three songs) I check my gear with coat check and the floor was completely packed - the only standing spot I could find was all the way to the left of the stage, where I could see no band members and Moz only if he came to the front center of the stage. I went up to the balcony and the seats were full - I ended up standing up in the hallway behind the seats. The place was packed, if not oversold.

I shot Florence + The Machine there earlier in the year, and it was also sold out but I would say the floor had half as many people. So in my direct experience being there and being at other shows there, it was completely packed (and technically sold out per Ticketmaster - no first party tickets were available the day of the show).

Jason

how can the show be sold out when stubhub and similar sites were inundated with tix, selling at face value minutes before showtime? those tix go directly to the secondary sites bypassing and are never available via ticketmaster.

I don't know...the crotch jewelry really doesn't bother me because I am not looking down there and to me I see him as more "barrel" chested than overweight. I much prefer the "junk" jewelry and shirt tosses to the late night vodka fueled TTY posts. Those I could do without.

Its no wonder he got a good furky-toodling at the airport trying to get through the scanners wearing fancy bone-bling.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Oh, Benny...where you come up with these phrases I don't know, but they do make me chuckle.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom