S&G 5th December

matt

Don't Rake Up My Mistakes
Is this still going ahead? Hoping to head up to manc for it with a mate since its my 22nd birthday on the 1st December, and we're the only two out of our lot who like Moz/ Smiths! (Me moreso than him, he's a bit of a casual fan, haha)

It'll be my first S&G night, anyone here going?? What should I expect? (Aside from Moz n' Smiths songs :p)

Matt

Is this still going ahead? Hoping to head up to manc for it with a mate since its my 22nd birthday on the 1st December, and we're the only two out of our lot who like Moz/ Smiths! (Me moreso than him, he's a bit of a casual fan, haha)

It'll be my first S&G night, anyone here going?? What should I expect? (Aside from Moz n' Smiths songs :p)

Matt

A lot of middle aged people, and some students who go once and never again.

And me (an Inhabiting Spirit).

The venue has a bar downstairs and another one upstairs, where the dancefloor is. The doors open at 9pm and the music starts at about 9:30pm. Try to get there earlier rather than later, since it can get very full and you might have to queue (not much fun in Manchester in December).

You should expect five hours or so of songs by Morrissey and The Smiths (with one or two other songs by the likes of Bowie, T.Rex, etc.), lots of VERY EMOTIONAL dancing and 'There is a Light' at about 2:30am (God willing). If you're a Moz/Smiths fan, you should have a great time. :)

well since I AM a smiths fan it should be fun haha. Ill try and get there early, would you suggest about 8:30? And Im used to 'emotional dancing' when I manage to get 'There is a light' played in my hometown of Warrington:p

Matt

Yes, as one of the younger of the regular clientelle at the S'n'G I can confirm it definately will go ahead:)

Yes there is some rather 'emotional dancing' going on, some very (amatuer) dramatic too:D
Be prepared - as it's your first time - for some dancing on the stage, as part of your initiation you must get up on the stage;)

Also, a plug for next Friday, 6th November too:guitar:

Jukebox 'Young At Heart' Jury

PS, Matt. I was born in Widnes hospital, but we lived in Penketh!

haha my primary school was in Penketh, about five-ten minutes' walk from my house over in Sankey. Small world!

Our favourite club used to have a small stage me and this friend used to inhabit when our 'tunes' came on of a saturday night, so I'm sure we'll relish the opportunity to get up on one at the S&G! Haha.

Just don't mistake us for a pair of drunken student types, oh wait! Nah he isnt a student, just me:p Hope none of the regulars object to us being up there lol.

haha my primary school was in Penketh, about five-ten minutes' walk from my house over in Sankey. Small world!

Our favourite club used to have a small stage me and this friend used to inhabit when our 'tunes' came on of a saturday night, so I'm sure we'll relish the opportunity to get up on one at the S&G! Haha.

Just don't mistake us for a pair of drunken student types, oh wait! Nah he isnt a student, just me:p Hope none of the regulars object to us being up there lol.

No one will object, just be sure to say hello during the night

Jukebox Jury

I don't know any of you lot! Just be sure to look for the younger looking pair of lads dancing like twats to the music they love so dearly ;) ahh I can't wait, when they play This Charming Man here on nights out I always recieve odd looks haha. That'll probs still happen anyway!

Matt

I don't know any of you lot! Just be sure to look for the younger looking pair of lads dancing like twats to the music they love so dearly ;) ahh I can't wait, when they play This Charming Man here on nights out I always recieve odd looks haha. That'll probs still happen anyway!

Matt

That's me on the left, the bloke on the right has since been banned from this site so not allowed to mention his name:eek:. His ending here was a bit grim.;)
Picture106.jpg

Jukebox Jury

Some more advice...

ManchesterLiverpool209-1.jpg

And bar is closed or closeo :D at 2 o'clock. Or before, I can't remember :D

ManchesterLiverpool210.jpg

But maybe that's usual in UK bars. Not here, in most places you can ask for a drink even 5 minutes before the disco closing :guitar:

I'm sure you'll have a great time! ;) I'm so jeaulous! :(

well since I AM a smiths fan it should be fun haha. Ill try and get there early, would you suggest about 8:30? And Im used to 'emotional dancing' when I manage to get 'There is a light' played in my hometown of Warrington:p

Matt

The doors tend to open shortly after 9pm, by which time there's usually a queue. I'd advise stopping off for a pint beforehand in the Bull's Head, which is on London Road, more or less opposite the entrance to Piccadilly Station. You might spot certain people in Smiths/Morrissey t-shirts lurking in dark corners. They may well be going to the Star and Garter.. :)

yeah was gonna grab a pint and join the queue or hopefully beat it! haha. cant wait!

Back
Top Bottom