Question Regarding Site Policy On Music Downloads

There is no policy / double standard.

If the copyright holder or someone who represents that person believes they have a valid claim to remove the post/link, they can follow a standard, simple procedure outlined below.

See in the TOS section:
18. COPYRIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENTS

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/tos.shtml

Last edited:
Fair enough, and I am on the same page with this policy, but as far as the actual day-to-day manifested policies here...I was referring to the fact, or what I perceive to be the fact, that when a link to commercial music of Morrissey's is offered or asked for here, it is immediately curbed/deleted/poo-pooed. Yet this is simply not the case with other bands, in the Other Music thread.

I wasn't questioning that you would comply with a copyright holder if they filed a legitimate complaint, I was saying that it simply never comes to this if the links are to commercial music of Morrissey's; they are taken down without it ever getting to the point of a legal complaint. And if someone asks for the downloads, they are told not to.

That's all I was saying, and that's all I meant by double standard.

Yes, I see what you are saying. Since this site is focused on Morrissey's music, mods or other users may be more sensitive to potentially illegal activity since it's higher profile. As I recall I have only gotten one takedown notice for Morrissey downloads, that was a link to a song that leaked. For other music I think only once for the Beatles.

Back
Top Bottom