Question about your citizenship/status?

C

Cemetry Gates

Ok, think of where you're living now. Do you like it, really?

If someone walked into your life right now that was from another country, would you move, give up your family, friends, job, status and lifestyle to do so?

If you could move to any country would you? If so, which one? What is the fantasy you have in regards to this?

Would you be so brave enough to give up all of these things for just marriage/love of that person and to be w/ him/her for that specific reason?

If you have, what was your experience like? Please, tell how it happened and how you grew into your new life.

I'm an American citizen now but I would leave in a heartbeat as long as the person was fluent in English!

I've done it twice... I would do it all again on the spot... No regrets at all...

I'd return to live again and die forever in New York City.

Otherwise in Europe. Italy, England, Spain. Prague, Barcelona. Get me a job anywhere there and I'll run.

If someone walked into your life right now that was from another country, would you move, give up your family, friends, job, status and lifestyle to do so?

If you could move to any country would you? If so, which one? What is the fantasy you have in regards to this?

Would you be so brave enough to give up all of these things for just marriage/love of that person and to be w/ him/her for that specific reason?

If you have, what was your experience like? Please, tell how it happened and how you grew into your new life.
-i love this city, but not this house so much though :o

-as to living somewhere for another, i already did that
i wanted to leave Los Angeles for a long time but did not
THAT WAS A MISTAKE :mad:

-Scotland and it is no fantasy :confused:
I am only waiting to go once I actually want to go back to uni...

-this is similiar to your 1st question, however experience has shown me that it is not necessarily 'the brave' thing to give up one's dreams for those we love
AS A MATTER OF FACT
often those that we do such for can come to resent us for our sacrifices
rather than appreciate us more for them :(

I do like England and I really like Manchester, but I do have a fantasy of living in Germany. Me and Lizzy have always had this plan of running away to Deutschland whenever it gets tough and becoming rollerskating waitresses. As we are at the moment planning our summer trip to Germany, we may end up staying there you never know!

If not Germany then I do quite want to live in the south of England and in particular Bristol (where I lived for about three months), however the only problems I have are that the southern accent really grates on me and I don't think I could stand to hear it all the time, 2, if i decided to have children there is no way on earth they are being southerners, in fact I only really want my kids to be Yorkshire, which limits me to err Yorkshire. Best stay put then!

Hey,
Ok, do you people want a laugh? He**, I don't care if you do at me or not. I'll say what I want. lol

Ok, if I could, I'd choose to move to Iceland, England, Czech Republic, Romania, all in a heartbeat......

Now, to find a man from one of those places for a hubbie.

Ha... cynical yet, funny.

On a SERIOUS note however, if I did meet a nice Liverpudlian and he wanted me to move over there now, give up my family, friends, job, gigs, etc. I would b/c THAT'S LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

On a side note, I do know of some Americans from this website and in my "real life" here that are moving/have moved to the UK. I feel as though, they were quite brave to give all of their lives up here, their families, friends, job perks, freedoms yet, to fullfill one's goal should be a major proritity in life. Considering, that life is too short and we could all go w/ a snap of a finger....

Last edited by a moderator:
I might. I don't want to live in sweden all my life, 's all I know. It's nice but change is good. Right now I wouldn't move for anyone but myself though, I don't trust relationships enought to build my life on them at this point. I might one day.

I'd love to live in Africa for a while, SA, Kenya, Zambia whatever. And Ireland for a while.. and nz..and Paris.. almost anywhere really :p Not arabic countries though. not the ones i've visited anyway, fascinating places and met some really nice people but just not my cup of tea, too different maybe.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely satisfied with where I'm now but, hell, it could be worse (and it was). I often want to move elsewhere and I have lots of ideas where I'd like to go for a few years but I guess "old age" is catching up and I'm becoming more and more comformist and less likely to turn my life around and start over. My boyfriend is quite keen on going to Germany while my mind is set on other places mainly Greece, Italy, Spain, France - places I feel familiar with, where I could fit in without much effort. I'm also more into going to large cities such as NY or London. I'm a big city girl and couldn't imagine myself "going country". I'm also into exploring Asia and Africa but not sure if I'd like to stay there for long ... as I said I'm a comformist so I'd have to reside somewhere I'm more or less familiar with. That pretty much means I'm doomed to Europe, North America, Latin America or Australia - not such a bad choice, innit?

but fear not, I'm most likely staying at home till death do us part

How about a pretend Russian, from an increasingly third-world state?
God willing. ;)

I'm lived me whole life in the nethrlands, and its sociallly and economicly
OK,...
but the country is too tiny, too many people livin in such small country,
i really need some space sometimes, than i go for a walk in the green
areas round me city, who're getting smaller every week, cities apraoching
fast, cause they need to build new homes, etc

i would really love to life a few years in Australia or New Zealand, where
their are endless looking beautifull nature, where you can wander around
for a few days without seeing or passing a single person

i need some rest, a peacefull, quiet surrounding

I'm not entirely satisfied with where I'm now but, hell, it could be worse (and it was). I often want to move elsewhere and I have lots of ideas where I'd like to go for a few years but I guess "old age" is catching up and I'm becoming more and more comformist and less likely to turn my life around and start over. My boyfriend is quite keen on going to Germany while my mind is set on other places mainly Greece, Italy, Spain, France - places I feel familiar with, where I could fit in without much effort. I'm also more into going to large cities such as NY or London. I'm a big city girl and couldn't imagine myself "going country". I'm also into exploring Asia and Africa but not sure if I'd like to stay there for long ... as I said I'm a comformist so I'd have to reside somewhere I'm more or less familiar with. That pretty much means I'm doomed to Europe, North America, Latin America or Australia - not such a bad choice, innit?

but fear not, I'm most likely staying at home till death do us part

In case you find a land of eternal spring with liberal laws, call me, please?

I was too demanding? You spent every cent at the fekking Firkin! :mad:
only because of you nagging, i work all day i wanted a drink at the end of it.....don't air the dirty laundry in public:(

Don't mean to intrude.
Just wanted to say I was listening to Scott as I read your post.

anything...please, and scottwalker is the best:)

In case you find a land of eternal spring with liberal laws, call me, please?

ok dorothy you ain't in kanses anymore!

Yes i would. but actually,. right now. i like it here:o

Back
Top Bottom