Pulp at Brixton tonight

N

nymphoid

I was at the Pulp gig tonight. Great show. Marvellous Jarvis dancing and spoke a lot between all the songs. Set list was roughly this (might have missed one or two, and got some in wrong order): Weeds / Minnie Timperley / Birds in Your Garden/ Laughing Boy / Something Changed / Live Bed Show / F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E / Bad Cover Version / The Trees / I Love Life / This Is Hardcore / Sunrise / Sorted for E's and Whizz / Babies / The Fear / Party Hard / Underwear

> I was at the Pulp gig tonight. Great show. Marvellous Jarvis
> dancing and spoke a lot between all the songs. Set list was
> roughly this (might have missed one or two, and got some in
> wrong order): Weeds / Minnie Timperley / Birds in Your Garden/
> Laughing Boy / Something Changed / Live Bed Show /
> F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E / Bad Cover Version / The
> Trees / I Love Life / This Is Hardcore / Sunrise / Sorted for
> E's and Whizz / Babies / The Fear / Party Hard / Underwear

Thats about right for the set list Nymphoid.. But I must say I have seen better Pulp shows.. Jarvis is always the cool enigma we love.. but I thought they were better in 96 and at Reading last year.. I really like the new album, but some of the new songs were lost in the mix a bit? You know, didn't have such a 'live presence'.. I admit my attention wandered and I was right underneath Jarvis for half the gig.. but Minnie T, Trees, Sunrise were the exception to that.. It was disappointing there was no Wickerman as well.. That's one of the best on 'I Love Life' for me..

The gig was really a game of two halves.. The first half was slow, and kind of meandering and then the mood built into something special towards the end... FEELING is an awesome song live... so much better than the studio version. And 'This Is Hardcore' is full of sleaze and longing.. and atmosphere.

Great encores though.. We were in the mosh at that point and I am positive the girl standing next me was masturbating. I cannot explain her behaviour and facial expressions in any other way!! Nice to see some British outrageousness!

Party Hard fellas..
Ruffian.

Back
Top Bottom