Probably no one did, but did anyone see Mark E.Smith on Newsnight Tues night?

I

ison

He was sort of doing a tribute to John Peel but it came out really silly. Did anyone see this? I didn't.

Re: I did.

YES I did Andy. His gurn towards the end of the interview will stay with me forever. He was being 'interviewed' by Gavin Esler (who was in London) Smith was in Manchester and the drummer (?) from the Undertones was in Belfast and the Undertones bloke was shown side by side with Mark E. Clearly it was easier for the Undertones bloke to be interviewed - and so he seemed to do all the talking. Towards the end Esler asked Mark E a question and the picture switched to Mark who was doing a sort of Old Man Steptoe gurn. Smith said "Am I allowed to speak now?" and all he said was something like "Yeah, whatever you said". He also said that he wasn't really a friend of John Peel - that they had some sort of agreement. I think he said also that Peel was 'honest'. Something like that. The ineterview is bound to come up on "It shouldn't happen to a TV news presenter 17" on ITV very soon.

> He was sort of doing a tribute to John Peel but it came out really silly.
> Did anyone see this? I didn't.

sheer class

basically Gavin Essler is a prat. the BBC tried to get rid of Peel for years, and there was some poseur reading from a sheet of paper, going "Mark, it seems that John was OBSESSED with The Fall, surely it was an enormous compliment?", acting like he was some alternative connoisseur or something. all the sycophants at the BBC made me sick. when MES said that he and Peel were not friends, he was only saying the truth, which the Undertones bloke corroborated. who cares anyway whether people are friends outside of their profession?

the funniest was Mark playing with his false teeth and sticking his tongue out like a salamander or something. and, at the end, the absolute killer line: [to Gavin Essler] "are you the new DJ?" !

when Peel was diagnosed with diabetes, what did the BBC do? move his show from 10pm to 11pm. it was only thanks to a petition that Peel kept his show anyway. the BBC detested everything he stood for (mainly independence), and always wanted to give his job to the likes of Lamacq or Whiley. and now they're all in tears. c*nts.

Re: sheer class= very interesting!

basically Gavin Essler is a prat. the BBC tried to get rid of Peel for
> years, and there was some poseur reading from a sheet of paper, going
> "Mark, it seems that John was OBSESSED with The Fall, surely it was
> an enormous compliment?", acting like he was some alternative
> connoisseur or something. all the sycophants at the BBC made me sick. when
> MES said that he and Peel were not friends, he was only saying the truth,
> which the Undertones bloke corroborated. who cares anyway whether people
> are friends outside of their profession?

> the funniest was Mark playing with his false teeth and sticking his tongue
> out like a salamander or something. and, at the end, the absolute killer
> line: [to Gavin Essler] "are you the new DJ?" !

> when Peel was diagnosed with diabetes, what did the BBC do? move his show
> from 10pm to 11pm. it was only thanks to a petition that Peel kept his
> show anyway. the BBC detested everything he stood for (mainly
> independence), and always wanted to give his job to the likes of Lamacq or
> Whiley. and now they're all in tears. c*nts.

Mark E Smith gurning on Newsnight (photo doesn't really do him justice)

MarkESmithisinsane.jpg

oh MY!!! sorry that made me PMPL. Score +3 Funny n Interesting n Troll!

Re: Mark E Smith gurning on Newsnight (photo doesn't really do him justice)

I'm sorry, but it looks like he's eating an insect.

Re: Mark E Smith gurning on Newsnight (photo doesn't really do him justice)

> I'm sorry, but it looks like he's eating an insect.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Is he the new DJ?' John Peel would be pissing himself.

Back
Top Bottom