Post your pics of Mozz landmarks!

Salford Lads Club Pics

If anyone has been, and would like to share your pics from your visit, post here!

Below is mine:

From L-R: My friend Tom, Me, and my best friend Lauren

Re: Salford Lads Club Pics

Vivabob-

What kind of camera was that picture taken with? Very sharp....

there doesn't appear to be a thread on this topic, so 'hey!' I thought, 'why not?!'

(inspired by WhalleyRange's pictures of old Hulme...)

manchester_holy_name.jpg

The Holy Name church, Oxford Road

iron%20bridge.jpg

the Iron Bridge, Stretford (horrible isn't it?!) Now covered in Smiths graffitti, apparently (Andy Rourke's been busy writing 'Mozz is a c*ck' all over it with a Magic Marker (US posters read 'Sharpie'))

spinneyhead_SouthCemsamp1.jpg

Southern Cemetery (Cemetery Gates)
[footnote- Leslie Anne Downey (mentioned in 'suffer little children') is buried here. In the 80's and 90's, her grave was frequently vandalised by neo-nazis, leading to a lot of vexation being printed in the Manchester Evening News.]

DSCN6502.jpg

The ominous tower of Her Majesties Prison Strangeways.

robertgreenwood1.jpg

Saddleworth Moor (Suffer Little Children)

whalley%20range.jpg

some rented rooms in Whalley Range...

_42544575_salford300.jpg

Nope, got me there... I think it might be the Grasmeres... :p

I am now going to compile a whole post comprised of photos of the places mentioned in the song Panic. I hope that's not too anal for everyone :D I don't want it to break up the thread! in fact, maybe I'll post it as a separate thread, it's kind of speciality interest isn't it?!

Would anyone like grid-references? height above sea level? precipitation levels? ;)

so, is this thread for pics of salford lads club now, or Mozz landmarks?

no offence, but could there not be anymore sideways pics please? it looks a mess... ta!

imageresizer

Newport Pagnell ('is it really so strange?')

A humdrum town that one inexplicably seems to pass through on any coach journey between Manchester and London...

DSCN6914.jpg

The Ritz, Whitworth Street (soon to be renamed Tony Wilson Way). The scene of The Smiths first gig, and also where 'a taste of honey' was filmed, a fact that Mozz would not have been unaware of.

meanwhile, I believe the two topics that this thread now has clash horribly, and suggest that the two threads are separated again.

DSCF0254.jpg

Newport Pagnell Service Station (South Bound), M1, Buckinghamshire

Jukebox Jury

Correct.... just read it again! You did say 'unaware' which I read originally as 'would not have been aware of'
Apologies:o

Jukebox Jury

Oy! I thought you were in Hebden Bridge this afternoon? But then it is on a direct route to Moston, is it not?

Peter

Back
Top Bottom