Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

The f***ing hip, trendy (and anemic, bulimic, sickly and frail-looking) 1970's hairdo-having trustafarian kids grinning and dancing around like idiots in this new iPod Touch commercial need to f*** off with that annoying bullshit and stop being so happy.
It doesn't make me want to own an iPod any more than I already didn't.

Canned youth culture turns my f***ing stomach.

Lol! Whenever I see that commercial I think how much I love the girls hair at 15 seconds. :o I mean I know she weighs 80 pounds and has flawless skin and all that, but I think she's soooo cute.

I bet you HATE Urban Outfitters. THat place is like the mecca for canned culture couture.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what baffles me? And I could just be weird about this because I'm weird, but how could someone go to a Morrissey show, see the real deal, be in his presense, soak it all in, then go to an afterparty at a club afterwards where someone is singing pretending to be Morrissey and possible enjoy it after having seen the real thing. :squiffy: Not dissing the people who do it, I'm just saying I don't understand how it could be any fun. MAYBE a tribute band in the middle of a dry spell where he;s not touring or recording while you're completely shitfaced and it's a surprise, but the same night?

Please download Hanging With Friends and play with me, my name is Crystal Geezer. :thumb:

Uh oh... ahhh why the hell not. I'm not flying anywhere soon.

You know what baffles me? And I could just be weird about this because I'm weird, but how could someone go to a Morrissey show, see the real deal, be in his presense, soak it all in, then go to an afterparty at a club afterwards where someone is singing pretending to be Morrissey and possible enjoy it after having seen the real thing. :squiffy: Not dissing the people who do it, I'm just saying I don't understand how it could be any fun. MAYBE a tribute band in the middle of a dry spell where he;s not touring or recording while you're completely shitfaced and it's a surprise, but the same night?

What if the tribute band ISN'T pretending to be Morrissey (as much as I'd like him to try ;)) In the thick of a tour or a dry spell, it's Moz music. How can you get enough?

The same reason people buy generic versions of anything...it's cheaper, more accessible, and from a (great) distance it resembles the genuine article.

Ask Paul! (Shhh, he's pretending to read.)

28002_490250_maybe_mozza_paul_smith_photographed_by_elisabeth_blanchet.jpg

Who is that douchebag?

Uh oh... ahhh why the hell not. I'm not flying anywhere soon.

Do it!! Alec approves, although it;s a little different than WWF

What if the tribute band ISN'T pretending to be Morrissey (as much as I'd like him to try ;)) In the thick of a tour or a dry spell, it's Moz music. How can you get enough?

I guess I see your point. Still, I go into a little buzzing euphoria after a show and usually head straight to bed, I'm no fun. When I look back I wished I'd saved every card shoved in my hand while exiting and kept a glossy afterparty invite scrapbook. :p

Last edited:
Well, I can't speak for ol' CG, but when it sucks this badly, I can get "enough" quite quickly.

At least he's not pretending to be Morrissey, he has his own haircut and one of the lads is a chick. Is that a fake English accent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I can't speak for ol' CG, but when it sucks this badly, I can get "enough" quite quickly.

Oh snap. Must've had an off-night. :o

At least he's not pretending to be Morrissey, he has his own haircut and of the lads is a chick. Is that a fake English accent?

That's his sister. That's his voice (no accent). I asked him to use flowers and emulate Moz more (during a This Charming Band show) he adamantly refuses. He's his own Moz/man.

I actually don't go to every Devilz show and I do admit that sometimes I'm just not in the 'tribute band' mood, but leave my Devilz alone! :mad: esp if you've never met them or been to a show.

Oh crap we're going to run off Corrissey again with our craby eliteist rantings and she just came back.

WAIT A SECOND. Time out people, I know something you two should talk about.

The Monkees. Your mutual love for the Monkees. :D

Why do you clarify this in such a way as to imply that anyone would go to every single show they play? They aren't Morrissey, they're just an obsessive knock off. Granted, maybe not as nauseating as Sweet and Tender Hooligans, but still...if you are gonna form a band and play concerts and all that, why not write your own music and have your own identity instead of piggybacking on someone else's?

I don't understand that kind of thing.

I guess I'm saying that I can get enough Moz (tribute band) music. I know people who do go to every Devilz show, though. Devotion... friendship... location... whatevs. They did have their own band & wrote their own music, just wanted to give their shared love of the Smiths a go and they have a good following doing it. They're the only band in Chicago that covers the Smiths/Moz and well, mind you, that I'm a fan. FWIW, I'd love to be in a tribute band. Keeping the music history alive & playing for people who love it as much as you do. I don't understand people who don't understand that.

I'm not in the mood to debate or argue. Maybe if we meet in person on Saturday. I have episodes of Bored to Death to catch up on. *irony* ;)

Yeah Skylarker, you should go to the Chicago show. Is it even sold out yet? His voice really is on this tour and hearing him sing IKIO is breathtaking.

The same reason people buy generic versions of anything...it's cheaper, more accessible, and from a (great) distance it resembles the genuine article.

Ask Paul! (Shhh, he's pretending to read.)

28002_490250_maybe_mozza_paul_smith_photographed_by_elisabeth_blanchet.jpg

Who is that douchebag?

He's an ambitious outsider. Don't underestimate him!

I recall a time when he used to react to a namedrop like a shark to a drop of blood...

With that said, Ambitious Outsiders vs Sweet & Tender Hooligans...I would pay to see them fight each other with garden claws...just please, no singing.

Lol! Whenever I see that commercial I think how much I love the girls hair at 15 seconds. :o I mean I know she weighs 80 pounds and has flawless skin and all that, but I think she's soooo cute.

I bet you HATE Urban Outfitters. THat place is like the mecca for canned culture couture.

Yeah... I am such a bitter, willfully unhip asshole! Maybe I am just jealous of people who are cool and have money and aren't fat though. :p

The Tabasco is pretty essential, taking it from pretty good to completely insane...

I was converted to the Church of Sriracha roughly a year and a half ago and have rarely been using Tabasco since until I got on this weird, psychically-linked egg and chips binge, and it's totally perfect for such a meal.

BTW, that video only made me hungry... I have been going all out with potatoes in general ever since we got a nice mandolin slicer.

Yeah... I am such a bitter, willfully unhip asshole! Maybe I am just jealous of people who are cool and have money and aren't fat though. :p

Yeah me too a lil bit. Mac stores in general give me agida. Will it make you feel cool if I start calling you home skillet? You know since you're into the whole cooking potato thing? :p

I was going to say what are we going to do around here to keep this place interesting after the tour ends, but I think considering that Morrissey's band performed seemingly nude and in full drag and nobody mentioned it once, it doesn't really matter what's going on in Morrissey's world. Gain who's attention? Diana? Anyone want to take a stab at that?

Effing insomnia. :straightface:

besides looking at the tour thread, i wondered around to some other topics and posts and now i remember why i dont come around here too often.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom