Plea To Guilty Lyric

barenstank

More like cow-pie...
On Passions it shows the opening verse to be "I'm standing in the dock..." now i always thought he was saying "dark" so um is it really "dock?" or is that a typo?

What does this dock symbolise do you think?

Dock is a place in a court where a defedant/accused is positioned.

If you know the jargon, you have clear idea about the meaning of the lyrics.

Wow, I guess I'm too uncultured, I never knew...

I always thought he said....In the DOG

Of course, i am kidding but i thought it was dark and it never quite made sense to me. Dock makes more sense now that i know what it means.

Thanks Moz-Solo

Is that version of "dock" a British term? I can't say I've ever heard it (I've heard the phrase "on the docket," but not this), but I do live in the least cultured part of the nation. :D

Is that version of "dock" a British term? I can't say I've ever heard it (I've heard the phrase "on the docket," but not this), but I do live in the least cultured part of the nation. :D

yes it is a British term, "If you're to appear at court, having been charged or summonsed in relation to a criminal offence then you're titled a 'defendant.' You appear in the dock, and depending which court it's in you'll be present throughout. As an adult, you'll sit in a raised position, raised from the rest of the court, and you're aware of everything, you're never left out." <<nicked that from internet. :p

yes it is a British term, "If you're to appear at court, having been charged or summonsed in relation to a criminal offence then you're titled a 'defendant.' You appear in the dock, and depending which court it's in you'll be present throughout. As an adult, you'll sit in a raised position, raised from the rest of the court, and you're aware of everything, you're never left out." <<nicked that from internet. :p

Definately,DOCK..makes total sense with the rest of the lyrics

On Passions it shows the opening verse to be "I'm standing in the dock..." now i always thought he was saying "dark" so um is it really "dock?" or is that a typo?

I always thought the same and was surprised he's singing "in the dock".

Everytime I was hearing the line "I'm standing in the dock / With my innocent hand on my heart" I had this picture in my mind where Moz is standing in a dark room looking out of the window, I saw him from behind and he had his hand on his heart and was saying the sung lines from the song to another one to confess something.

When I read the real lyric it destroyed my whole idea! I still have a problem with this word (dock) and I want to sing him "dark". :D I always wanted to ask Moz to change the lyrics for me but if you say the song doesn't make sense then any more... hm, so I have to live with it. :(

If he changed it dark then it would ruin the picture of my mind of him in the dock/witness stand :p

If he changed it dark then it would ruin the picture of my mind of him in the dock/witness stand :p

ditto! keep the dock & come out of the dark says I.

love

Grim
P.s. I've been in the dock a few times but never had the bottle to say the line but dearly I'd have loved too.

I thought it said "dark" for ages... but "dock" makes much more sense and fits with the rest of the lyrics

Back
Top Bottom